Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NanoStudio 2 new video!!!

Hope this baby gets approved soon!!!!

Comments

• Bring on the funk!

• Wow! Great
    That Reese bass on 1:17 made my heart rejoice! Wowowowo obsidian seems to be pretty nice synth

• I will not belive if I would not touch it!

• No audio tracks on release, however this looks very much like a audio slicer or editing tool?

• Think I will go full in on this once it released we are having extra big helpings of goodness in the iOS music world at present.

As well as this I know of at least 4 new synth apps coming out plus a ton of other stuff it’s never ending.

• What the hell is going on today? New klevgrand fx, new sugar bytes synth, and NS2 video all in the same day? Feels like Christmas coming early

• @Jumpercollins said:
    No audio tracks on release, however this looks very much like a audio slicer or editing tool?

To me it looks like the sample-editor with a few more features :)

So maybe next week we'll get our hands on this...
    I've got roughly $40 store-credits left with another $100 waiting in an envelope for Christmas :D

• Please excuse my newbie question, but: is it an open DAW in which I can use AUV3 insruments and effects?

• @Samu said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    No audio tracks on release, however this looks very much like a audio slicer or editing tool?

To me it looks like the sample-editor with a few more features :)

So maybe next week we'll get our hands on this...
    I've got roughly $40 store-credits left with another $100 waiting in an envelope for Christmas :D

Glad it got a sample editor that’s cool.

• edited December 2018

@LeonKowalski said:
    Please excuse my newbie question, but: is it an open DAW in which I can use AUV3 insruments and effects?

Yes...and midi FX.

• @david_2017 said:
    Wow! Great
    That Reese bass on 1:17 made my heart rejoice! Wowowowo obsidian seems to be pretty nice synth

Yes that was yummy!!!!

• Awesome video!

• edited December 2018

From YouTube description:

NanoStudio 2 is a powerful music production environment for recording, synthesis, sampling, arranging, editing and mixing. It’s the successor to the original NanoStudio, an app held in high regard by musicians for many years for its usability, quality and productivity.
    With six years development behind it, NanoStudio 2 builds upon the same design principles that made its predecessor so popular and then takes a quantum leap with a massive range of extra features and a new audio engine delivering truly professional sound quality. Everything is optimized for CPU efficiency, so complex projects with many instruments and effects are handled with ease.

This is a complete in-the-box solution to production, enabling you to develop your initial musical ideas right through to a final master with an intuitive workflow carefully designed to get things done.

NanoStudio 2 is a fully featured host for external Audio Unit (AUv3) instruments and audio/MIDI effects. A library of all your AU instruments and presets is maintained so they’re in one place – tagged, searchable and just as accessible as NanoStudio’s own internal instruments.
    For composing and arranging there are powerful fully featured editors for songs, MIDI parts, automation and samples. All editors share a clean and consistent user interface which means you’ll be up to speed with them in no time.

Main features:

• Fully fledged song editor with tempo and time signature tracks, arbitrary track grouping/nesting, track lanes and no limit on the number of tracks in the song
    • MIDI and automation editors
    • A sample editor capable of efficiently handling audio files up to 2 hours long
    • A mixer which also supports track grouping and nesting, unlimited insert effects, configurable audio and MIDI sends and pro-style latency compensation
    • 11 built-in quality effects including reverb, sidechain compressor/expander, EQ with spectrum analysis, look-ahead limiter, delay, exciter, chorus, flanger and phaser.
    • AUv3 audio or MIDI effects can be used in effect chains, just like internal effects
    • Mixdowns up to 32 bit/96kHz and export file formats including wav, aiff, ogg and M4A
    • Support for mixing down track stems in a single operation and/or just a region of the song
    • Ableton Link support
    • Sharing with the iOS Files app, Dropbox, AudioShare, iTunes File Sharing, AirDrop, email, and song import from your iTunes music library
    • Built-in WebDAV server for full control and backup of your files
    • 8 In-app purchase sound packs including multisampled acoustic instruments

Obsidian (synth):

• 3 oscillator 16 note polyphonic synth with stereo voices
    • Each oscillator can use 7 different types of synthesis: Analogue, Wavetable, Phase Distortion, FM, Multi-Saw, Shaped Noise or Multisampled Zones
    • An innovative spectral loop mode for samples
    • 18 filter types including resonant analogue, clean digital, comb and formant
    • Modulation provided by 5 envelopes, 5 LFOs and 10 macro controllers
    • Effects chain with a reverb, delay and chorus/flanger/phaser
    • 300+ Factory patches

Slate (advanced drum sampler):

• 32 pads with 4 internal effects busses and a final master output bus with limiter
    • Each pad can use up to 3 split or layered samples and has its own filter, waveshaper, envelopes and voice grouping options
    • 500+ factory samples ranging from multisampled acoustic drums through to cutting-edge electronic percussion and effects, arranged into 50 kits

Plans for 2019:

• Support for iPhone and iPad Pro
    • A super-efficient convolution reverb
    • Linear audio tracks in the song editor

• Some great app releases and now this NS2 teaser. Today hasn’t been too shabby on the iOS music front. :)

• @Cib said:

@LeonKowalski said:
    Please excuse my newbie question, but: is it an open DAW in which I can use AUV3 insruments and effects?

Yes...and midi FX.

Wow, thanks. I really have to check out now which DAW i should jump into when I‘m done with Gadget (which I love, but see it as a stepstone).

• @Cib said:

@LeonKowalski said:

Yes...and midi FX.

do you know if you can route AUv3 midi fx to any channel?

• @[Deleted User] said:

@Cib said:

@LeonKowalski said:

Yes...and midi FX.

Not sure but even NS1 offered individual midi channels so i would guess it should be possible.

• edited December 2018

@[Deleted User] said:

In first release NO, but it's listed in (not far) furture todo list. MIDI sends ATM works with notes and CC data

• I’ll buy it to support the dev, without audio it won’t be useful for me, but the dev ”promised” to implement audio after release. I think/hope this thing will live up to the hype.

• edited December 2018

@fattigman said:
    I’ll buy it to support the dev, without audio it won’t be useful for me, but the dev ”promised” to implement audio after release. I think/hope this thing will live up to the hype.

You bet it will be. Actually it was mentioned that part of audio tracks inmplementation (hidden core functionalities inside app engine related to audio tracks playback) is atready implemented, so it's more about creating proper UI plus plus finishing some related tasks. Wait till summer 2019 and audio tracks will be there ;)

Btw you work with very lonk audio tracks ? Becuase in case you work more like with shorter loops, there is well known workaround which was used in NS1 and which is useable also in NS2 - you can put audio loops insdide pad sampler and trigger them from sequencer by long notes ;)

• edited December 2018

@Slam_Cut said:
    Awesome video!

Unpopular opinion follows; don't @ me.

I mean...really? It looks beautiful. No question. But most of the music in that video was flaccid and dated. I listen to the Klevgrand app videos and I'm like, I want to be the guy who makes that music! This kind of sounds like an employee orientation film soundtrack?

I'm listening to the excellent podcast "Surviving Y2K," and NS2 fever definitely resonates with the millennium frenzy. I hope you all are not disappointed. And I hope you enjoy it! I may even buy it. (Although the new Klev saturator and Aparillo and the impending Drambo are all vying for my credits....)

• Already super excited for this...but it's the little things in the description, such as "EQ with spectrum analysis" that make me even more so.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Slam_Cut said:
    Awesome video!

I mean...really? It looks beautiful. No question. But most of the music in that video was flaccid and dated. I listen to the Klevgrand app videos and I'm like, I want to be the guy who makes that music! This kind of sounds like an employee orientation film soundtrack?

I'm listening to the excellent podcast "Surviving Y2K," and NS2 fever definitely resonates with the millennium frenzy. I hope you all are not disappointed. And I hope you enjoy it! I may even buy it. (Although the new Klev saturator and Aparillo and the impending Drambo are all vying for my credits....)

The app doesn’t create the music...

• Does anyone know what are the export options available at launch?

• Good thing I'm not making the music. No one would buy it. Flaccid and dated? HAHA Here we go talking about me again.

Honestly, we all bring our own thing to the app. Maybe the dev likes what he did there, and I do too. Whatevs.

I want the app and I want it NOW.

• edited December 2018

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Slam_Cut said:
    Awesome video!

Different strokes for different folks. The apps you mention being exited about are not even the slightest bit interesting to me. I think it would be nearly impossible to thrill everyone with music on an intro video. We all have different tastes. I thought the music sounded really great. I'll be doing different music with NS2. NS2 can sound any way I want it to. From Classical to Dubstep. Maybe you have a SC link to your music so we can hear examples of music which is not flaccid and dated? I'm always interested to hear something that is "tight and current".

• @Slam_Cut said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Slam_Cut said:
    Awesome video!

Different strokes for different folks. The apps you mention being exited about are not even the slightest bit interesting to me. I think it would be nearly impossible to thrill everyone with music on an intro video. We all have different tastes. I thought the music sounded really great. I'll be doing different music with NS2. NS2 can sound any way I want it to. From Classical to Dubstep. Maybe you have a SC link to your music so we can hear examples of music which is not flaccid and dated? I'm always interested to hear something that is "tight and current".

I get it. You're a fan. No need to make this personal. I'm just saying that as an interested observer — I hope this app succeeds, I do! — the total boosterism surrounding it gets a little tiresome.

• @Slam_Cut said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Slam_Cut said:
    Awesome video!

:D I am no longer tight nor current but I can at least pretend to be with NS2 and all the other great apps we keep getting bombed with!

• @anickt said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Slam_Cut said:
    Awesome video!

The app doesn’t create the music...

Quite true. But how else are we to judge the app in the absence of the actual app?

This discussion has been closed.