Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Dang - them guys is on fire!!!!

Looks really good - if it's anything like the most recent apps, I'm sure it'll be spectacular.

• Like...elektron analog heat
    Love You Klevgrand
    (now, a klevgrand vocoder style and can die)

• It’s no wonder I never have any money :D

To be honest, I’ve stopped buying the really cheap one or two quid fx and just get the decent stuff now. Klevgrand seem to be making decent stuff now (I really bored quick of those cutdown keys range).

• Such a good looking app. I haven’t had much chance to try it out yet but I want Klevgrand to redesign all my other apps not made by them.

• Yes sounds great on percussion great looking app aswell, the harmonics switch is a bit sticky !

• another big hit from klevgrand. outstanding visually and sounding, raising the bar again. @Jumpercollins is right with the sticky harmonics switch, easy fix though.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Yes sounds great on percussion great looking app aswell, the harmonics switch is a bit sticky !

Do you mean like a 'un responsive' ?

I've yet to get this one but it looks so yummy I may end up buying for the the good looks...

It's like eating loads of Ahlgrens Bilar :D

• Hmm...

This thing brings be a bit closer to creating the 'crunchy lo-fi' sound I used to get with the old GSS-8 Sampler on my Amiga :) (Ie. route the signal thru Reamp and Degrader before actually sampling & recording it).

• THIS is the piece of the saturation puzzle that was missing on iOS. Magnificent work.

• Doug it already

• @brice said:
    THIS is the piece of the saturation puzzle that was missing on iOS. Magnificent work.

Nailed it.

• No iPhone? Interesting.

• Their gui design has much improved over time :)

• any iphone support in future ?

• @Carnbot said:
    Their gui design has much improved over time :)

Sure has! The 'Canvas' style they used in the early apps was/is pretty bad...
    This new one is 'Eye Candy' :D

• @Samu said:

@Carnbot said:
    Their gui design has much improved over time :)

Sure has! The 'Canvas' style they used in the early apps was/is pretty bad...
    This new one is 'Eye Candy' :D

Their gui design was very promising at first, then went through a difficult adolescence, but seems to have matured into a handsome adulthood.

• Seems like a repackage of another app they had.

Is there any oversampling?

• @Xsyst said:
    Seems like a repackage of another app they had.

Uh-oh....goes from instabuy to probably-have-this-already-then....the Appaholic's Dilemma.

• @Xsyst said:
    Seems like a repackage of another app they had.

Which one?

• Klevgrand offers intro SALE on REAMP at 50% off.

Grab it for $10 before it jumps to $20. With that $10 saved you can seek another bargain. You can save $100's of dollars this way. (Apply suitable currency exchange rates for your area).

Klevgrand offers intro SALE on REAMP.

The other related app types they have do Degrading, Bit-Crushing, Distortion and Tape Saturation. Someone probably saw the Tape Saturation app and thought this was like that.
    This has a lot more capability to model many amp/pre-amps stages in general.

With a tool like AUM you can also send signals to this on buses and use levels for wet/dry mixes. ApeMatrix has even included a AUv3 Mixer FX that works in any AU Host to split signals.

• @Samu said:
    Hmm...

This thing brings be a bit closer to creating the 'crunchy lo-fi' sound I used to get with the old GSS-8 Sampler on my Amiga :)

Ah that brings back memories, you mean DSS8 right? ;)

I had the DSS8+ (the one in the clear case), but it got tossed in the bin years ago. Pity, as I've recently taken up fiddling around with my Amiga again :)

• edited December 2018

@busker said:

Ah that brings back memories, you mean DSS8 right? ;)

Could be mine was 'black' and came bundled with a badly cloned Tracker :)

Since my Amiga didn't have any 'Fast Mem' at that time the sampling was full of jitter-noise cased by the constant access to Chip Mem to write the recorded samples which created some pretty organic 'movement' in the recordings LOL. Add to that the 'boost' feature that could be applied in some trackers to the sample to add some extra harmonics and well...

Also being able to freely select the sample-rate at which the samples were recorded added some creative freedom which is not the same as running the sample thru a 'decimator' after recording :D

Also the Paula chip played back samples a bit differently that the 'modern' sample players creating some nice aliasing effects which are also pretty hard to re-produce. Closest thing so far is to use 'no interpolation'(ie. just hold the last sample until it's time to fetch the next one) but most 'modern' sample-players aim to 'reduce' all kind of transpose artifacts taking away the 'magic' from old-school sampling...

What would be cool here is to get an 'old school' sampler/sample-player and looking at some of the KLVGR stuff containing presets inspired by the Amiga I have a good feeling that some of the developers have at least a fair share of C64 & Amiga back-ground :D

Just listen the 'classic' overdriven 8-bit MOD files played on a proper machine to get a 'feel' for it and that 'sound' is quite hard to replicate without actually using 'faithful' Paula-Emulation...

(https://16-bits.org/pt.php that's the Tracker that was used to create the video).

• I really like the look of this.

• I love it, I bought it, it sounds great, and I have no idea what to do with it. :#

• This Amiga Tracker talk deserves to start again with a new thread. After the Amiga years I went with the Gravis Ultra Sound
    (GUS Audio Card) in an early PC running early windows and played Tracker/MOD files like the one playing above. "Jimi" was a favorite MOD File imitation of a Hendrix guitar sound. MOD files had embedded sound samples so they could sound un-Synth-y.

SunVox has some of these features and sounds doesn't it?

• edited December 2018

@McDtracy said:

SunVox has some of these features and sounds doesn't it?

Indeed but every time SnV*X is mentioned things get kinda nasty.
    It's like there are 10 types of user, those who get it and those who don't ;)

I feel at home with it but I'm not a good teacher LOL...

Regarding the tune is it this one?

• @LeonKowalski said:
    I love it, I bought it, it sounds great, and I have no idea what to do with it. :#

Put it on every track / stem / mix bus and / or the master in your sessions to add beneficial saturation (harmonics). That’s one use. Really, saturation is almost always a critical component in the creation of great sounding mixes.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    No iPhone? Interesting.

Shocked, I say! Shocked! :p
    This developer focuses on iPad apps (which is why I don't buy any of them).

• @brice said:

@LeonKowalski said:
    I love it, I bought it, it sounds great, and I have no idea what to do with it. :#

Put it on every track / stem / mix bus and / or the master in your sessions to add beneficial saturation (harmonics). That’s one use. Really, saturation is almost always a critical component in the creation of great sounding mixes.

Although I have to say the digital imitations never sound quite right when listened to repeatedly, definitely worth paying for the real thing.