Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Who wants to test DRC AUv3?

Hi,

We are entering in the beta testing stage of DRC AUv3 and we need feedback to squeeze the last round of possible bugs. Are you willing to contribute?

If you are interested send me a private message with your email.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Nuno

ATTENTION: the new DRC for iOS saves local files in a different way in order to be able to share it with the AUv3 instance. If you have presets on your local bank, you need to save them to the cloud bank before installing the beta.

Comments

• Awesome. Looking forward to this. Love this synth.

• I've been on DRC beta for quite some time but I've only got an Air 2, iOS12.1 to test with...
    It's starting to feel quiet polished by now but man I need a faster iPad :D

• edited December 2018

@Samu said:
    I've been on DRC beta for quite some time but I've only got an Air 2, iOS12.1 to test with...

@Samu, if there was a award for beta tester of all times, that award would be given to you! You ROCK! :blush:

• @sinosoidal said:

@Samu said:
    I've been on DRC beta for quite some time but I've only got an Air 2, iOS12.1 to test with...

@Samu, if there was a award for beta tester of all times, that award would be given to you! You ROCK! :blush:

Go Samu! 👍

• Pm sent. I'll happily put this this through the paces, it's a joy to play with and explore and get down and dirty with.

• PM sent cheers love the IAA version.

• Another pm sent. The thought of DRC being an AUv3 gives me a warm, fuzzy, analog feeling in my heart.

• YES!!! FINALLY!!!

• @sinosoidal Had my first loss of sound after loading a 3 AU instance inside StageLight what email do we send TestFlight bug reports to ?

• Yes, need that email

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @sinosoidal Had my first loss of sound after loading a 3 AU instance inside StageLight what email do we send TestFlight bug reports to ?

You can send reports via the TestFlight app

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @sinosoidal Had my first loss of sound after loading a 3 AU instance inside StageLight what email do we send TestFlight bug reports to ?

I can't even run 3 instances on my Air 2 before it chokes :D
    (Another beta-update dropped like less than 30 minutes ago with a sound fix).

• I wouldn’t even care if I could only use one instance to be honest :p

• No sound at all in GarageBand (iPhone).

• @Cib said:
    No sound at all in GarageBand (iPhone).

Just out of curiosity, what iPhone model and iOS version are you using?
    (I've only tested on iPad Air 2, iOS12.1).

• IPhone 6S plus and iOS 12.0.

• edited December 2018

@Cib said:
    IPhone 6S plus and iOS 12.0.

There was some 'behind the scenes' AUv3 fixes in iOS12.1 so it might be worth a try...
    (Strange, latest beta no sound in GarageBand).

• No sound in GarageBand for me either. Also doesn’t leverage GB full screen.

• There's a few snags so far, but this is absolutely awesome to have as AU. I groaned when I saw the original window popup, then I went full-screen and had a huge sigh of relief.

• GarageBand seems the be the only host (of those I have) that fail for now.
    It works fine as AUv3 in Cubasis, AUM, ApeMatrix(with 512 buffer on my Air 2), BM3, midiSTEPs and iMPC Pro 2.

I due time the quirks will be sorted out :)

• I instance crashed for me in Cubasis 2 instrument screen went blank

• @Jumpercollins said:
    I instance crashed for me in Cubasis 2 instrument screen went blank

Weird, I've had like ZERO crashes with DRC on my Air 2, iOS12.1!?
    But this is exactly what the beta-rounds are good for :)

• @Samu said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    I instance crashed for me in Cubasis 2 instrument screen went blank

Weird, I've had like ZERO crashes with DRC on my Air 2, iOS12.1!?
    But this is exactly what the beta-rounds are good for :)

I was driving it using Autony so maybe a midi thing.

• edited December 2018

@Cib said:

I have been trying to understand why it doesn't produce sound on Garage Band and the conclusion seems to be, it is not receiving midi.

Is the keyboard automatically assigned to the instrument at launch? Or is there any manual action that must be taken just like in AUM?

Otherwise, the only explanation is Garage Band doesn't send midi input in the same way that AUM and Cubasis do...

• @sinosoidal said:

@Cib said:

I have been trying to understand why it doesn't produce sound on Garage Band and the conclusion seems to be, it is not receiving midi.

Is the keyboard automatically assigned to the instrument at launch? Or is there any manual action that must be taken just like in AUM?

Otherwise, the only explanation is Garage Band doesn't send midi input in the same way that AUM and Cubasis do...

Are you possibly using an older SDK?

• @realdawei said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Cib said:

Are you possibly using an older SDK?

Probably doing something wrong. The sample code from Apple is working under Garage Band so now I just need to find what is wrong. Thx!

• looking pretty damn stable on AUM. Great Job!

• Latest build....works now in Garage Band.

• @Cib said:
    Latest build....works now in Garage Band.

Great!

I have made a few fixes today:

• Fixes Garage Band no sound bug
    • Fullscreen support on Garage Band
    • AUv3 now receives tempo from host

Anyone else having issues?