Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stagelight is live on the App Store!

Comments

• edited December 2018

Thanks guys.. Very funny @wim !
    It’s a foregone conclusion that any app that can do auv3 will have background audio, otherwise what’s the point ? Dollars to donuts BA is coming in an update

• wimwim
    edited December 2018

@Telstar5 said:
    It’s a foregone conclusion that any app that can do auv3 will have background audio, otherwise what’s the point ? Dollars to donuts BA is coming in an update

Yes, an app that can run as an AU app in another host would by nature have background audio. But as far as I know, there’s never been any talk of having Stagelight run as an AU in other hosts. But, they have said that background audio is coming, along with AudioBus and IAA capability.

• @wim said:
    Hey, does anyone know if you can set start and end points, or loop points in your own samples that you load into Sampleverse? This does indeed look like a powerful hybrid synth, but so far I’m not seeing how to make decent use of imported samples.

Click the drop down arrow in Sample bank then click the drop down arrow over on the right hand side next to your sample name. This reveals more controls including loop, start - end etc.,

• @Trueyorky said:

@wim said:
    Hey, does anyone know if you can set start and end points, or loop points in your own samples that you load into Sampleverse? This does indeed look like a powerful hybrid synth, but so far I’m not seeing how to make decent use of imported samples.

Click the drop down arrow in Sample bank then click the drop down arrow over on the right hand side next to your sample name. This reveals more controls including loop, start - end etc.,

Ahh sheesh. Why in the world would they grey out that arrow if it does something?
    Thanks mucho @Trueyorky !

• Hey everyone! Hope you're all having a good weekend!

Been busy **working on some music **vs working on a music product :-)

Going to address some of these inline below.

@Telstar5 said:
    @OpenLabstechsupport : Admit it, guys.. Porting this thing over to iOS really upped the ante!

Yes. Simply put it has been most refreshing to find a group of great people who are as passionate as we are about this and all the feedback has helped solidify our plans. I can't say thanks enough for that.

@wim said:
    @Telstar5, don’t listen to that nonsense.

It means that you can embed subliminal messages in reverse inside the audio. “Dog is dead”, “Like this video”, “Become a Patreon”, “Send naked pics” ... and the like.

They just want to keep this secret weapon to themselves.

shhhh!

@Telstar5 said:

Definitely coming!

@wim said:

@Trueyorky said:

@wim said:

Ahh sheesh. Why in the world would they grey out that arrow if it does something?

Thanks for answering the question, but I have one for you. Can you post a screenshot showing how the button is greyed out? It most certainly should not be.

Thanks again for all the support!

-Matt

• @MatthewAtStagelight said:

Can you post a screenshot showing how the button is greyed out? It most certainly should not be.

Thanks for the quick response. Here’s the arrow I was talking about (in the orange circle). This is on an imported sample.

While I’m at it, the controls for setting sample start and end could use some improvement. The only way to adjust is by tapping the arrows, which adjusts by 0.1 of something(?). That’s a lotta taps.

• Not enough talk on here about Sampleverse but it’s not part of the free edition. It’s truly a monstrous synth/sampler and I’m sure the upcoming Sound on Sound review by Robin Vincent will generate discussion.

• Can't for the life of me work out how to purchase full version ios in Canadian $$ !! I fill out the form for discounts ($5.00), it tells me my purchase is $9.99(U.S I assume??) then I get a page to tell me to buy credits...??? what do I do at this point?? I simply want to purchase the full version, why do I have to jump through so many hoops to get it?? Very frustrated !!

• @OpenLabstechsupport @MatthewAtStagelight
    Hello guys.has anyone else come across this issue?
    I create a project,create a drum pattern,solo the drum track then import an audio file.
    When I delete the track with the audio file,tap on undo and then delete it again,the solo option on my drum track goes off.
    Don’t know if it’s a bug or it’s meant to be that way
    Please watch the video for better understanding

• @QuietBrian said:
    Can't for the life of me work out how to purchase full version ios in Canadian $$ !! I fill out the form for discounts ($5.00), it tells me my purchase is $9.99(U.S I assume??) then I get a page to tell me to buy credits...??? what do I do at this point?? I simply want to purchase the full version, why do I have to jump through so many hoops to get it?? Very frustrated !!

Are you trying to purchase through the website? You don’t do it that way. Get the app free from the AppStore, then purchase the unlock from within the app.

• Can't for the life of me work out how to purchase> @wim said:

@QuietBrian said:
    Can't for the life of me work out how to purchase full version ios in Canadian $$ !! I fill out the form for discounts ($5.00), it tells me my purchase is $9.99(U.S I assume??) then I get a page to tell me to buy credits...??? what do I do at this point?? I simply want to purchase the full version, why do I have to jump through so many hoops to get it?? Very frustrated !!

Are you trying to purchase through the website? You don’t do it that way. Get the app free from the AppStore, then purchase the unlock from within the app.

That is what I am doing.........I don"t know what I am suppose to do from the "Buy Store Credit" page...... I simply want the unlock to the full ios version. How do I know what to choose that will allow this?

• Sorry, I don’t remember the process I went through. But I remember it was easy to figure out. I’m sure someone that remembers will chime in.

• @QuietBrian said:
    Can't for the life of me work out how to purchase> @wim said:

@QuietBrian said:

That is what I am doing.........I don"t know what I am suppose to do from the "Buy Store Credit" page...... I simply want the unlock to the full ios version. How do I know what to choose that will allow this?

You just have to buy enough credits so that you can cover the cost of the unlock.

• @gusgranite said:

@QuietBrian said:
    Can't for the life of me work out how to purchase> @wim said:

@QuietBrian said:

You just have to buy enough credits so that you can cover the cost of the unlock.

Thanks!! I thought that might be the case but I was confused about the currency exchange; whether it was automatic or not which affects the choice. Got it all set up now!

• Sorry for the confusion @QuietBrian . Apple handles the currency exchange rates. We don't have control over that unfortunately. We'll be looking to ways to simply and make this easier in the future.

@QuietBrian said:

@gregsmith said:
    @OpenLabstechsupport @MatthewAtStagelight any news on the out of tune bug I posted? Is there somewhere I need to post a proper bug report? I think this will probably effect a lot of people as audiolayer and Zeeon are very popular. Unless it’s just iPhone X?

Hey @gregsmith We've reached out to the developer and got a copy of Zeeon for testing. I'll keep you posted on our progress.

Sorry for the confusion @QuietBrian . Apple handles the currency exchange rates. We don't have control over that unfortunately. We'll be looking to ways to simply and make this easier in the future.

@QuietBrian said:

@gregsmith said:
    @OpenLabstechsupport @MatthewAtStagelight any news on the out of tune bug I posted? Is there somewhere I need to post a proper bug report? I think this will probably effect a lot of people as audiolayer and Zeeon are very popular. Unless it’s just iPhone X?

Hey @gregsmith We've reached out to the developer and got a copy of Zeeon for testing. I'll keep you posted on our progress.

Thanks @MatthewAtStagelight excellent. I have a song I’m dying to finish but can’t until this is fixed :)

• edited December 2018

@QuietBrian : It’s exactly what @gusgranite said. I did it . You just have to buy $150.00 worth of credits, then you’re good to go. Then you go to the store and “buy” whatever packs you want and you won’t be charged . It’s over 5gigabytes in content plus free packs every month. I’m pretty happy with it .. Very happy in fact

• @QuietBrian said:

Hello,

We are sorry for the confusion. You will need to purchase credits for the Stagelight in app store using Apple's payment system, then use those credits to purchase items in our in app store. You will just need to purchase enough credits to cover the price of the items in your cart, the currency conversion should be handled by Apple. Please feel free to DM me if you have any questions.

• @OpenLabstechsupport @MatthewAtStagelight

Hi Matt

Another question you can hopefully answer. I’ve set my stagelight settings to save to iCloud but the stagelight user folder is still in the ‘on my iphone’ location in the files app.

Any idea how to make this work? I often switch between iPhone and iPad.

Thanks

• Maybe not exactly what you’re looking for, but there is a built-in, very easy, and effective method of transferring projects between devices.

I’m guessing you’re after something like Gadget where the projects get copied up to the cloud and can be picked up on another device. This is different. It works directly between devices. This is good for transferring to other platforms like Windows, Mac, and Android, that don’t leverage iCloud in that way. The only downside is you need to be on the same network, and remember to do the transfer, ahead of time.

• edited December 2018

Gotta get this keyboard updated....restricting all the AU synths to SL’s basic clav keyboard is killing me. Legato, MPE pads from Sampleverse, something...PLEASE...update the keyboard.

Hey everyone! Hope you're all having a good weekend!

Been busy **working on some music **vs working on a music product :-)

Going to address some of these inline below.

@Telstar5 said:
    @OpenLabstechsupport : Admit it, guys.. Porting this thing over to iOS really upped the ante!

Yes. Simply put it has been most refreshing to find a group of great people who are as passionate as we are about this and all the feedback has helped solidify our plans. I can't say thanks enough for that.

@wim said:
    @Telstar5, don’t listen to that nonsense.

It means that you can embed subliminal messages in reverse inside the audio. “Dog is dead”, “Like this video”, “Become a Patreon”, “Send naked pics” ... and the like.

They just want to keep this secret weapon to themselves.

shhhh!

@Telstar5 said:

Definitely coming!

@wim said:

@Trueyorky said:

@wim said:

Thanks for answering the question, but I have one for you. Can you post a screenshot showing how the button is greyed out? It most certainly should not be.

Thanks again for all the support!

-Matt

Hello Matt, can you tell when will Ableton Link be implemented?

• wimwim
    edited December 2018

@wim said:
    Maybe not exactly what you’re looking for, but there is a built-in, very easy, and effective method of transferring projects between devices.

I’m guessing you’re after something like Gadget where the projects get copied up to the cloud and can be picked up on another device. This is different. It works directly between devices. This is good for transferring to other platforms like Windows, Mac, and Android, that don’t leverage iCloud in that way. The only downside is you need to be on the same network, and remember to do the transfer, ahead of time.

@gregsmith , saving to Microsoft OneDrive also works, though it’s a little bit slow. Song > Save to Cloud > Microsoft OneDrive.

• @wim said:
    Maybe not exactly what you’re looking for, but there is a built-in, very easy, and effective method of transferring projects between devices.

Thanks. Sounds fine but where is this option?

I don’t really want to have to sign up for OneDrive if I can avoid it :)

• @gregsmith said:

@wim said:

1. Open the song.
    2. Open Stagelight on the device you want to transfer to.
    3. Go to Share > Transfer Song
    4. You should see the other device listed. Touch it, then touch Transfer.
  • @wim said:

@gregsmith said:

@wim said:

1. Open the song.
    2. Open Stagelight on the device you want to transfer to.
    3. Go to Share > Transfer Song
    4. You should see the other device listed. Touch it, then touch Transfer.

Thanks! That will definitely do for now

• @gregsmith said:
    @OpenLabstechsupport @MatthewAtStagelight

Hi Matt

Another question you can hopefully answer. I’ve set my stagelight settings to save to iCloud but the stagelight user folder is still in the ‘on my iphone’ location in the files app.

Thanks

Hello,

The Stagelight user folder holds of of your songs and downloaded content. You cna not change this location on IOS, you can choose to save your mixdowns to your iCloud folder, but not songs currently. Current, the only cloud saving service we have set up for songs on IOS is Mircosoft OneDrive. We will be adding more cloud saving options soon.

• @OpenLabstechsupport said:

@gregsmith said:

Hi Matt

Thanks

Hello,

The Stagelight user folder holds of of your songs and downloaded content. You cna not change this location on IOS, you can choose to save your mixdowns to your iCloud folder, but not songs currently. Current, the only cloud saving service we have set up for songs on IOS is Mircosoft OneDrive. We will be adding more cloud saving options soon.

Thanks for the clarification. The transfer function will do fine.

• We will look into supporting cloud sync from iOS settings in the near future.

@gregsmith said:

@OpenLabstechsupport said:

@gregsmith said:

Hi Matt

Thanks

Hello,

We will look into supporting cloud sync from iOS settings in the near future.

@gregsmith said:

@OpenLabstechsupport said:

@gregsmith said:

Hi Matt

Thanks

Hello,

Funnily enough I just transferred a song from my iPad Pro 10.7 to iPhone X and it’s out of tune on iPhone. It wasn’t on the iPad.

It seems to be Kronecker that’s out of tune this time.

I hope this helps solve the bug.