Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM - Rozetta - Animoog timing problems - any help?

edited December 2018 in General App Discussion

Hi to all!

I have some timing problems with my setup. I am using AUM with Troublemaker AU, Ripplemaker AU, two Rozetta Sequencer Units (Bassline Seq) + Animoog and Nave IAA. Normaly it runs perfect, but if I change to Animoog to play it with its own Touchscreen-Keyboard I get sometimes a short timing problem with my running Sequences at the moment when I switch from AUM to Animoog. My running Sequence is stumbling then for a short moment. Same when I switch back from Animoog to AUM.

I use Ableton Link for sync in general.

AUM shows me a DSP from arround 30-38. I think this is not the problem.

Maybe someone here can help me with this problem? I am using the iPad 5th Gen (iPad 2017).

Thx & Greetings to you all!

Edit: I use Buffer size 512 in AUM and Animoog and already tryed different sites

Comments

• It may not help, but you can try turning “Reduce Motion” on in Settings > General > Accessibility.

• thx, I tryed and it dosent help 😭

• @Lycaan said:
    thx, I tryed and it dosent help 😭

You mean a hiccup when changing between apps? If so there's very little you can do about that (beside avoiding using standalone apps, which is unfortunately not an option until Animoog gets AUv3 support).

• yes exactly i mean this hicup! avoiding animoog ist realy hard for me 😩😩 such a great synth!

thx for your answer!

• @brambos by the way...I like your apps very much 😀 thx for the billiant work!

• edited December 2018

Right now i discoverd if I change between the apps in time/rhythm of my sequence there ist no timing issue 😳😳

• Inside AB3 , Animoog works fine ;)

• AB3 is magic

• @Lycaan said:
    Right now i discoverd if I change between the apps in time/rhythm of my sequence there ist no timing issue 😳😳

That is cool. I hadn’t thought to try that.

• @Korakios said:
    Inside AB3 , Animoog works fine ;)

I transfered my setup now to AB and yes there are no timing problems with my sequences when i switch to Animoog or another standalone app. Thats great!

Now what to do...changing my workflow back to AB like in the beginning and avoid AUM? In AB I really miss a metronome an a beat counter...

Is there any hope, that an inbuild metronome and a beat counter will come with the next updates?

• @CracklePot said:

@Lycaan said:

That is cool. I hadn’t thought to try that.

yes, but you really have to be in timing with the app switch. not so easy on the touchscreen...and for live performance....I dont know if it works every time 😀😀

• this prob is fixed now with the new animoog update