Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

November Sound Fest (Digital D1)

Comments

• @Sander_Roscoe_Wolff said:
    Yesterday, I recorded a live looping (Frippertronics) demo of the patches I've created, so far.

http://sanderis.com/audio/D1_Loop_Patch_Demo.mp3

BTW, I used AltiSpace on the mix... I don't know why...

Then, I discovered the new update, and I'm already creating more patches.

One thing: I can't seem to rename folders.

This is great, btw. GREAT!

Really nice track!

Sounds amazing!

We'll fix the ability to rename folders in the next update. Currently, if a bank is greater than 9 it won't allow renames. (Who knew we'd have so many banks so soon?!)

For those reading, once the next update is available in the app store (probably Monday) Here's how to rename folders.(Please note: It won’t allow the first A, B, or User banks to be deleted/renamed to prevent crashes when the app looks for those banks)

• @brice said:

Man, I really enjoyed your track. More proof of D1’s significance and capabilities. Looking forward to your presets.

Thank you, sir, for both listening and for the kind words. I'm a huge fan of your work.

• I will be taking this Soundfest into December due to....stuff

B) o:) :D

• I assume this is still open to submit patches? Is it OK if they are derived from existing patches (but have enough tweaks to make them different)?

• @PhilW said:
    I assume this is still open to submit patches? Is it OK if they are derived from existing patches (but have enough tweaks to make them different)?

Yep you can still submit patches.

I don’t have any issues as long as they are not like the originals. Just swapping PCMs or similar would not really be acceptable, but if you’ve put major changes in, then that’s fine. If they are more variations on an existing preset and keep some similarities, it might be more fair to put in the preset notes which sound and designer you’ve extended the sound from.

I’ve started off from some people’s sounds before on very rare occasions, but they always end up completely indistinguishable from the original. Also when making sounds, they can often go through many variations before they get where they end up.

Hope everyone is alright with the above suggestions :)

• Ok thanks - I’ll see about sorting some out to get over to you.

• Anyone have any more sounds.

We are at 51 so far as I lost a shed load of mine :s

Should we post the ‘done so far’ pack?

• I have about 20 presets, but still fiddle around with them - in particular i fight with the naming and some sounds need to be refined ...

(And today Aparillo took my free evening time)
  • @_ki said:
    I have about 20 presets, but still fiddle around with them - in particular i fight with the naming and some sounds need to be refined ...

(And today Aparillo took my free evening time)

No rush, just let me have them when you’re ready. (Yeah Aparillo seems fun)

• edited December 2018

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Anyone have any more sounds.

We are at 51 so far as I lost a shed load of mine :s

Should we post the ‘done so far’ pack?

I just sent a new batch to 'hello@'

Just in case:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dZgy7Etvy8B_GEMyZdbEBTqDihsYBal-

FYI, this is my third batch. Let me know if you have them all...

• @analog_matt said:

@reasOne said:
    So do you have to add a sample to d1 or something to create a brand new patch?? What is the process ?

There's a couple of different ways to create an init patch. One is to press the "New Preset" button. Another is to start with an init patch in the "Init Bank"

Awesome!!!!

@Sander_Roscoe_Wolff said:
    Yesterday, I recorded a live looping (Frippertronics) demo of the patches I've created, so far.

http://sanderis.com/audio/D1_Loop_Patch_Demo.mp3

BTW, I used AltiSpace on the mix... I don't know why...

Man this is really nice!! Did you use a sequencer or just record all the audio live playing keys

• @reasOne said:

Man this is really nice!! Did you use a sequencer or just record all the audio live playing keys

Thank you. Yes, everything was done live, on the fly. Robert Fripp and Brian Eno collaborated on several albums where they used a looping system that became known as Frippertronics. The original system used two reel to reel machines. The audio was recorded on the first, with the tape from it stretched across a gap to the 2nd machine, which played it back, and fed the audio playback into the first machine, along with whatever else got played. This would create an ever-evolving musical tapestry where parts, once played, would slowly fade out after 20-30 repetitions. Since then, digital pedal systems replaced the tape machines, and several iOS apps offer similar capabilities. If you're so inclined, check out Fripp & Eno's albums No Pussyfooting, Evening Star, and Fripp's album Let The Power Fall.

• Here's a very short demo of 9 new patches, created after the extended modulation update. I used AUM to record one track at a time, and just sort of noodled. There's no added effects, this time, and the balance is more or less as it was recorded.

http://www.sanderis.com/audio/D1_SRW_Demo_3.mp3

@reasOne said:

Thank you. Yes, everything was done live, on the fly. Robert Fripp and Brian Eno collaborated on several albums where they used a looping system that became known as Frippertronics. The original system used two reel to reel machines. The audio was recorded on the first, with the tape from it stretched across a gap to the 2nd machine, which played it back, and fed the audio playback into the first machine, along with whatever else got played. This would create an ever-evolving musical tapestry where parts, once played, would slowly fade out after 20-30 repetitions. Since then, digital pedal systems replaced the tape machines, and several iOS apps offer similar capabilities. If you're so inclined, check out Fripp & Eno's albums No Pussyfooting, Evening Star, and Fripp's album Let The Power Fall.

That's awesome! I'd love to try my hand at that technique, any iOS apps you would recommend???
    I'll deff listen to their albums!

• @reasOne said:

The one I like most is Loopy HD but it will only run, i believe, inside AB3. I've tried to use it as an effect in AUM without success. I should try again. The thing about Loopy HD is that there are some hidden functions that require specific gestures to access them. One can, however, turn the phrase looping into an overdub system, with a gradual fade-out with each loop. (I use about 15%).

For the recording, above, I used Kosmonaut but, since it only supports 8 bar loops, I dropped the tempo of AUM down to 30 bpm, I think. It isn't an ideal solution, though, because some of the tempo-sync'd patches didn't sound right.

There are others, but Loopy HD is, so far, the best for me.

s

@reasOne said:

The one I like most is Loopy HD but it will only run, i believe, inside AB3. I've tried to use it as an effect in AUM without success. I should try again. The thing about Loopy HD is that there are some hidden functions that require specific gestures to access them. One can, however, turn the phrase looping into an overdub system, with a gradual fade-out with each loop. (I use about 15%).

For the recording, above, I used Kosmonaut but, since it only supports 8 bar loops, I dropped the tempo of AUM down to 30 bpm, I think. It isn't an ideal solution, though, because some of the tempo-sync'd patches didn't sound right.

s

You know I've always wondered why kosmonaut had a Looper haha I've really been able to wrap my mind around how it works and to make it sound good.... With what you're talking about it makes sense that it is there, now, just you figure it out...
    I forgot that loopy HD could do that I haven't used it in a while, cool ideas man I wanna try this!!

• We are nearly there now.

Anyone want some more time?

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    We are nearly there now.

I have a few more in the works, but nothing earth-shaking (unless one uses a subwoofer.)

Let me know if you still want them. If you've moved on, no worries.

S

@reasOne said:

s

Hidden trick @Sander_Roscoe_Wolff - if you hook up an external controller and map a knob to the tape length in Kosmonaut, you can get 32 bars instead of 8!!! Great huh!?

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    We are nearly there now.

I have a few more in the works, but nothing earth-shaking (unless one uses a subwoofer.)

Let me know if you still want them. If you've moved on, no worries.

S

Yep if you want to email them to me I will include them

• @brice has a whole bunch of presets he's made

• @analog_matt said:
    @brice has a whole bunch of presets he's made

If he can email them to me that would be best. @_ki has been helping me order them, so we will need to add them and when I’ve got everyone’s, going to just check levels so none are way too hot and then we should be done :)

• A heads up that the Preset Description text is not saving properly in the version of D1 in the app store. However, the fix should be available by Friday or Monday (there is one more update in the Queue for Apple to review before they get to the fix).

Folks may want to wait if they want to have custom descriptions in the presets. Sorry about the delay. And, thanks for your patience. This bug is my fault. Sorry about that.

• @analog_matt said:

A heads up that the Preset Description text is not saving properly in the version of D1 in the app store. However, the fix should be available by Friday or Monday (there is one more update in the Queue for Apple to review before they get to the fix).

Folks may want to wait if they want to have custom descriptions in the presets. Sorry about the delay. And, thanks for your patience. This bug is my fault. Sorry about that.

Oops lol. We may have to figure a way around if people want to change them as just sending the preset packs again will require a lot more sorting etc again. I can however add description after the app is sorted if people want to send what they want in a message.

We will have a pack eventually lol

• I used the main save feature to save the descriptions when i realized that the ‚save preset‘ button below the description does not seem to work.

I just checked that the descritions (mine and of some others) are still included in the sorted preset bank’s json i send to fruitbat.

• Some sneaky code snuck into the latest builds of D1 making some of the presets sound weird.
    Working on a fix now. Stay tuned.

• @analog_matt said:
    Some sneaky code snuck into the latest builds of D1 making some of the presets sound weird.
    Working on a fix now. Stay tuned.

Cool.......staying tuned....