Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Model 15 background battery usage? [SOLVED, I think...]

HELP! I have no idea wtf is going on here. I literally opened Model 15 once to have a jam in ApeMatrix and that was it. I noticed my battery was down to like 14% overnight, which is crazy.... check out these screen caps:

I've since rebooted the iPad, it didn't occur to me until this morning... but have you guys seen this and is there some way I can just turn off background activity for it?

Comments

• edited November 2018

Thanks @blakkaz for the tip on Bram's good write up on battery life and iOS. I believe the issue is because I opened Model 15 as IAA in error while playing in ApeMatrix.... ended up dumping out the whole session when I was done but I'd bet the app was still running (in the background, as it says).

Moral of the story? Reboot your devices :) and don't use IAA unless totally needed?

• Good for any iOS version really, just good housekeeping. I just realized my phone and iPad were both set to download app updates automatically and I don't recall setting it to do that...