Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stagelight is live on the App Store!

Comments

• Sonar was a free give away recently and has loads of SFZ instruments.

Anyone any idea how to get them into Stagelight on iOS?

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Sonar was a free give away recently and has loads of SFZ instruments.

Anyone any idea how to get them into Stagelight on iOS?

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/29603/stagelight-sfz-tutorial

• edited November 2018

Did a quick remix of the previous piece and removed a few things i didn’t like:

• @mannix said:
    Does anyone know how the store credits system working.
    Do you get $1 additional for every $1 that you buy? Or does it function a different way.
    What also is unclear to me is how the sign up works and can you change sign up email after you signed up. I use a different account for Appstore/ iTunes than on my other devices.

Hello,

The in app credit system is one to one. After you install Stagelight, you will be able to use any email that you would like to login as well log out and use a different email if you like. If you have any issue logging in DM me and I can get it sorted out for you.

• edited November 2018

You beat me to it, Jumper!!!!!!
    @OpenLabstechsupport , @MatthewAtStagelight , I’m gonna thank you guys every time I see one of these . I’m a full fledged Store Passed unlocked member and I love this app.. I switched over from Garageband ios which has literally hundreds of tutorial videos in its favor so I really appreciate these. Please keep them coming and know that they’re GOLD to some of us!

• Thanks for the video
    This all is truly awesome!

• @MusicMan4Christ @Telstar5 @Jumpercollins

Thanks! Right now I'm focused on SampleVerse videos, but I'm open the suggestions on what else I should make videos on.

• edited November 2018

@OpenLabstechsupport said:
    @MusicMan4Christ @Telstar5 @Jumpercollins

Thanks! Right now I'm focused on SampleVerse videos, but I'm open the suggestions on what else I should make videos on.

@OpenLabstechsupport : Anything you
    wanna make videos on is appreciated. Sampleverse is such a standout part of Stagelight that that’s fine by me ..
    I’ll repeat what I said on the YouTube comment section. I’d like to see a video A to Z guide but I know that’s time consuming and expensive so perhaps a clearly written manual a la FL Studio would more than suffice (or both). . . There are many folks on here who can kinda just figure stuff out on their own and I’m not one of those . The best examples of this comprehensive video A to Z is the video content available for Logic Pro X (Music tech Help guy) and Garageband for iOS (Pete Johns and Dan Baker )where there is literally a video available for anything one might wanna look up . Gadget’s pretty good in this regard also. Just my 2c which somehow turned into 75. Lol

• Latest beta dropped overnight good to see more fixes coming,

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Latest beta dropped overnight good to see more fixes coming,

Yeah, just got it .. Jist keeps getting better and better

• Hey Everyone: Some of you have seen we have a new patch out in our beta channel.

Here's the official change log for this build.

Stagelight 4.0.3 beta Change Log
    -Fixed a potential crash during mix down
    -Fixed Drum Sound Automation Crash
    -SampleVerse: Fixed LFO sync issues
    -SampleVerse: Recalling Oscillator gains correctly
    -Sequencer: Fixed Pitch Wheel recording issue
    -Freeze: Fixed unfrozen drum tracks recalling the correct sounds
    -Freeze: Fixed unfreezing for 3rd party plugins
    -Freeze: Fixed audio playback on frozen track on timeline
    -Plugins: Fixed plugin delay compensation

The official 4.0.3 will have a few more small fixes too.

Regarding the issue of slow track freezing and rendering with AU plugins: As noted above, we have fixed some freeze track issues, but we are still working on the slow render/mix down times when using multiple AU plugins. We'll keep improving this until we get it right!

Thanks to all of you for reporting the issues and helping us make things better.

• @MatthewAtStagelight said:
    Hey Everyone: Some of you have seen we have a new patch out in our beta channel.

Here's the official change log for this build.

Stagelight 4.0.3 beta Change Log
    -Fixed a potential crash during mix down
    -Fixed Drum Sound Automation Crash
    -SampleVerse: Fixed LFO sync issues
    -SampleVerse: Recalling Oscillator gains correctly
    -Sequencer: Fixed Pitch Wheel recording issue
    -Freeze: Fixed unfrozen drum tracks recalling the correct sounds
    -Freeze: Fixed unfreezing for 3rd party plugins
    -Freeze: Fixed audio playback on frozen track on timeline
    -Plugins: Fixed plugin delay compensation

The official 4.0.3 will have a few more small fixes too.

Regarding the issue of slow track freezing and rendering with AU plugins: As noted above, we have fixed some freeze track issues, but we are still working on the slow render/mix down times when using multiple AU plugins. We'll keep improving this until we get it right!

Thanks to all of you for reporting the issues and helping us make things better.

Perfetto..hope it hits AppStore soon.👏🏽

• Hey @MatthewAtStagelight and @OpenLabstechsupport !
    Just wondering if you have considered making the mixer part adjustible for the screen size?
    On my 12.9 screen it uses 1/4 of the screen only (when having 5-6 tracks), with the rest being filled with empty black nothing-ness. Seems like a waste of screen real estate.

This, combined with the fact my fingers cover the controls when adjusting them (for example the volume slider, which completely disappears under my finger, and I know for certain whatever number is displays on the screen is safely tucked away directly under my finger regardless of how I try to hold it) makes it very difficult to adjust things with any level of precision.

I might have mentioned this in a support ticket come to think of it, but that is another thing that would be great: now, if I submit a support ticket, I get an e-mail I have done so. That is fine. Then if the ticket is updated I get an e-mail saying I need to click a link to see the reply. Also quite common. I click the link and instead of getting to see the reply to the issue I get taken to a page where I have to fill in a issue number from the second e-mail. When I press submit on that I get sent ANOTHER mail with the direct link to the issue. A quite horrible user journey I have to say (fixing things like that is what I do for a living).

So I figured "ah, perhaps it is because I am not logged in, or have an account, on the support portal?" only to realise I actually can't sign up for it. There is a login, but no sign-up. That still doesn't explain why I didn't get sent directly to the issue on my second e-mail though, which would remove the need for the third e-mail.

Having said all that, I love Stagelight and am well impressed with your attentiveness here, as well as the speed with which you guys implement enhancements, bug fixes and information material. Great stuff.

• @hellquist said:
    Hey @MatthewAtStagelight and @OpenLabstechsupport !
    Just wondering if you have considered making the mixer part adjustible for the screen size?
    On my 12.9 screen it uses 1/4 of the screen only (when having 5-6 tracks), with the rest being filled with empty black nothing-ness. Seems like a waste of screen real estate.

Yes and it is on our road map for a future 4.x release.

This, combined with the fact my fingers cover the controls when adjusting them (for example the volume slider, which completely disappears under my finger, and I know for certain whatever number is displays on the screen is safely tucked away directly under my finger regardless of how I try to hold it) makes it very difficult to adjust things with any level of precision.

We're also working a solution to this issue as well. Especially for our knob controls.

I might have mentioned this in a support ticket come to think of it, but that is another thing that would be great: now, if I submit a support ticket, I get an e-mail I have done so. That is fine. Then if the ticket is updated I get an e-mail saying I need to click a link to see the reply. Also quite common. I click the link and instead of getting to see the reply to the issue I get taken to a page where I have to fill in a issue number from the second e-mail. When I press submit on that I get sent ANOTHER mail with the direct link to the issue. A quite horrible user journey I have to say (fixing things like that is what I do for a living).

So I figured "ah, perhaps it is because I am not logged in, or have an account, on the support portal?" only to realise I actually can't sign up for it. There is a login, but no sign-up. That still doesn't explain why I didn't get sent directly to the issue on my second e-mail though, which would remove the need for the third e-mail.

Noted: This does need to be better integrated, but we are currently more focused on expanding the core app capabilities. @OpenLabstechsupport and I will discuss some possibilities here soon though.

Having said all that, I love Stagelight and am well impressed with your attentiveness here, as well as the speed with which you guys implement enhancements, bug fixes and information material. Great stuff.

Thanks man! Don't hesitate to bring more stuff to our attention.

• edited December 2018

@OpenLabstechsupport @MatthewAtStagelight any news on the out of tune bug I posted? Is there somewhere I need to post a proper bug report? I think this will probably effect a lot of people as audiolayer and Zeeon are very popular. Unless it’s just iPhone X?

• edited December 2018

@gregsmith said:
    @OpenLabstechsupport @MatthewAtStagelight any news on the out of tune bug I posted? Is there somewhere I need to post a proper bug report? I think this will probably effect a lot of people as audiolayer and Zeeon are very popular. Unless it’s just iPhone X?

I didn’t followed your issue. Can you give me a summary and I will post a message on beta group for you.

Edit: can confirm Zeeon and AudioLayer are out of tune by a little more than a half tone. I’ve just reported the issue on bega group.

• Virtual midi in to Stagelight...anyone have success with this? Tried KB-1, No luck. Same with GeoShred. In both cases, the controllers show up in midi in stagelight, but not as midi out in the controllers. Thanks.

• @Janosax said:

@gregsmith said:

I didn’t followed your issue. Can you give me a summary and I will post a message on beta group for you.

Edit: can confirm Zeeon and AudioLayer are out of tune by a little more than a half tone. I’ve just reported the issue on bega group.

Thanks so much Janosax. Appreciated. I’ve been able to tune Zeeon for now using the ‘fine’ knob but it’s not the easiest thing to get right. Not sure if there’s a similar one for audiolayer

• @zilld2017 said:
    Virtual midi in to Stagelight...anyone have success with this? Tried KB-1, No luck. Same with GeoShred. In both cases, the controllers show up in midi in stagelight, but not as midi out in the controllers. Thanks.

Well, the thing is, Stagelight doesn't have "background audio" so unfortunately it has to be in focus, or be the active app, at all times. I've filed a "Feature Request" for this as it obviously limits usefulness of Stagelight.

• @zilld2017 said:
    Virtual midi in to Stagelight...anyone have success with this? Tried KB-1, No luck. Same with GeoShred. In both cases, the controllers show up in midi in stagelight, but not as midi out in the controllers. Thanks.

Beat me to it. B)
    Without background audio, only external hardware midi devices will work.

• @OpenLabstechsupport : Admit it, guys.. Porting this thing over to iOS really upped the ante!

• @wim said:

@zilld2017 said:

Beat me to it. B)
    Without background audio, only external hardware midi devices will work.

Bummer :o :o :o

• @hellquist said:

@zilld2017 said:

Well, the thing is, Stagelight doesn't have "background audio" so unfortunately it has to be in focus, or be the active app, at all times. I've filed a "Feature Request" for this as it obviously limits usefulness of Stagelight.

Many thanks.
    What a strange idea, a music App without background audio :o

• edited December 2018

At 24:41

He’s gonna review Stagelight in the next. Issue of “Sound on Sound”.. Sampleverse looks serious!

• @wim : What exactly is “background audio”?

• @Telstar5 said:
    @wim : What exactly is “background audio”?

Background audio means the app continues to produce sound even when it’s in the background (e.g. controlling StageLight with a MIDI app like GeoShred or TC-Data in the foreground).

• @Telstar5 said:
    @wim : What exactly is “background audio”?

Plays in background if you bring another app to view

• wimwim
    edited December 2018

@Telstar5, don’t listen to that nonsense.

It means that you can embed subliminal messages in reverse inside the audio. “Dog is dead”, “Like this video”, “Become a Patreon”, “Send naked pics” ... and the like.

They just want to keep this secret weapon to themselves.

• Hey, does anyone know if you can set start and end points, or loop points in your own samples that you load into Sampleverse? This does indeed look like a powerful hybrid synth, but so far I’m not seeing how to make decent use of imported samples.