Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ChordFlow updated to v2.5.0

Hi guys! I just released ChordFlow v2.5.0. Here is the list of changes:

• Velocity automation tool added. You can now adjust notes velocities in melody and arpeggio.
  • Track mixer added. You can now adjust volume and pan of each track.
  • Added an option to export a song as a single MIDI file.
  • When you export a song as multiple MIDI files, one per section, each file is now prefixed with the song name.
  • Bug fixes

Would be nice to hear your thoughts on the update.

In the next iteration I am planing to work on sequence editors(melody and arpeggio). So it will also be great to get some feedback and suggestion on this matter.

Comments

• Those sound like great updates. Will have a play with it later :)

• Thanks for the update, and it's a great app. Funnily enough I was revisiting it yesterday - and the thing that struck me was that despite the name, the app doesn't provide a simple way to generate chords. That would be a useful future addition if possible.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Thanks for the update, and it's a great app. Funnily enough I was revisiting it yesterday - and the thing that struck me was that despite the name, the app doesn't provide a simple way to generate chords. That would be a useful future addition if possible.

That confused me too. But it does do chords. You just need to draw solid lines with the second pencil in the arpeggiator, one colour for each note and it will play those against the chords you set under the end section(marked chords) .

• edited November 2018

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Thanks for the update, and it's a great app. Funnily enough I was revisiting it yesterday - and the thing that struck me was that despite the name, the app doesn't provide a simple way to generate chords. That would be a useful future addition if possible.

That confused me too. But it does do chords. You just need to draw solid lines with the second pencil in the arpeggiator, one colour for each note and it will play those against the chords you set under the end section(marked chords) .

Thanks - that just adds a solid line though (unless I'm doing it wrong, highly likely), so you'd still have to manually make a chord up using all your four sound channels.

What would be good, is if you could draw a single line with one sound channel, and that line would play the chord of your choice. Sorry if it does this and I've missed this, though it'd be good to know how to do it if it does.

• I’ve always kept an eye on this app being a very poor musician. I simply need apps to help me make the music that is in my head.

Eventually I’m hoping to see much greater integration of generative and helpful chord, note, sequence apps into the DAW environment. At the moment we have lots of apps that help to some degree, but then give you an extra step to getting what they produce into the rest of the song.

I have high hopes for AU midi eventually. At this time though, there is still a big disconnect between the two stages. So, little additions like choice of multiple or single midi file etc are welcome. Eventually I would love to see this app have AU midi extensions. For now though, I can see that the DAW makers need to sort their AU midi games out.

• Sounds good, @Dmitry_Klochkov, especially the midi export stuff — that'll be useful. Looking forward to checking it out later. Thanks for your hard work!

• @MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

Thanks - that just adds a solid line though (unless I'm doing it wrong, highly likely), so you'd still have to manually make a chord up using all your four sound channels.

What would be good, is if you could draw a single line with one sound channel, and that line would play the chord of your choice. Sorry if it does this and I've missed this, though it'd be good to know how to do it if it does.

Ha ha, I went and had a look on my phone and was wondering how the demo song had several notes in the same colour. Then I noticed on the right there is an octave selector then number of voices. Brilliant.

• @Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

Ha ha, I went and had a look on my phone and was wondering how the demo song had several notes in the same colour. Then I noticed on the right there is an octave selector then number of voices. Brilliant.

Yeah I saw that on Doug's demo, and I can see it displayed in the demo tracks - but how do we get it to appear on a new track? @Dmitry_Klochkov ? When I use that tool it just draws a single line, and the voices option isn't displayed.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

Yeah I saw that on Doug's demo, and I can see it displayed in the demo tracks - but how do we get it to appear on a new track? @Dmitry_Klochkov ? When I use that tool it just draws a single line, and the voices option isn't displayed.

I only bought it today and am looking on my phone but it is there in the bottom right hand corner has the number 1 with voices below. Only in the arpeggiator section, not in melody.

• Really nice update. How about swing?

• @MonzoPro said:

Try selecting the Arpeggio section instead of the Melody.

• @Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

I only bought it today and am looking on my phone but it is there in the bottom right hand corner has the number 1 with voices below. Only in the arpeggiator section, not in melody.

@_mwallace said:

@MonzoPro said:

![](https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/uo/

Ah great, thanks guys - missed that.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@_mwallace said:

@MonzoPro said:

This is ENORMOUS (for me). Had completely missed/given up on it because etc etc.

This also looks like a serious update @Dmitry_Klochkov and thank you for that. So good to see a developer further developing etc.

• Great updates of late, @Dmitry_Klochkov. Really useful additions. The only thing I can mention is that you may want to tell users the mixer only works with built-in sounds.

I haven’t tested it yet, but do volume and panning settings make it into exported midi files? I assume velocity does.

• Awesome app to get ideas flowing! Thanks for the update!

• edited November 2018

Love this app.

I’m not sure what selecting a key signature in the chord section does. After selecting a key, selecting chords in every key is still possible

I also wish I better understood the clever music theory that is baked into the chord page.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@_mwallace said:

@MonzoPro said:

This is ENORMOUS (for me). Had completely missed/given up on it because etc etc.

This also looks like a serious update @Dmitry_Klochkov and thank you for that. So good to see a developer further developing etc.

Got to agree on all of that but mostly @Dmitry_Klochkov on how almost perfectly composed the interface is.

As you asked for feedback, the one item that would make me even happier would be the ability to set the number of repeats for each row. Play the first row 3 times then the second 97 times etc..

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@_mwallace said:

@MonzoPro said:

The reason I was checking this out yesterday was to see if it could do chords, just in case there was an overlap with Navichord. Looks like there was, kinda, but no matter I'm happy with that one, and good to see this can do more stuff too. I'm still a bit confused why the chord section is titled 'arpeggio', but there you go.

• The part that was lost on me at first was the steps/beats/rate settings, accessed at the top left of the piano roll (press on the 32/16 eg. to open it). These allow you to change time signature, speed and length of the editing area. You can find happy accidents by fiddling with these. I tend to shorten the arpeggio section, then lengthen the melody, so that they aren't so in lock-step.

@Dmitry_Klochkov One thing I would like to see changed, and which relates to the above, is for changes to the beats and steps etc. to be non-destructive. When I am playing with a sequence by making it shorter, then think better of it and lengthen it out again, all those previous notes are gone. Currently, I clone the row before messing with those settings, but it seems like there would not be a great deal of overhead in simply remembering those notes instead.

• @ecamburn said:
    Love this app.

I’m not sure what selecting a key signature in the chord section does. After selecting a key, selecting chords in every key is still possible

I also wish I better understood the clever music theory that is baked into the chord page.

It constrains the melody section to the scale notes.

Also, just in case anyone is wondering about chords, in the arp section turn on more voices, up to 6 note chords.

• Amazing app and thanks for the new features. I live this. For me, the only missing feature will be a « humaniser » to have less this robotic feeling. But I can use a script in StreamByter to do that!!

• I case you didn’t buy enough apps this past week don’t forget to check out @Dmitry_Klochkov other apps like Chord Up

• @cuscolima said:
    Amazing app and thanks for the new features. I live this. For me, the only missing feature will be a « humaniser » to have less this robotic feeling. But I can use a script in StreamByter to do that!!

+1 one on that! A simple humanize slider would be good, but having a per-note Shift, drawn in the editor similar to how Velocity is handled, would be really fun to play around with, not only to humanize, but for lope and swagger. I've become enamored with using it in Cream to get away from the player piano effect.

• @aaronpc said:
    Great updates of late, @Dmitry_Klochkov. Really useful additions. The only thing I can mention is that you may want to tell users the mixer only works with built-in sounds.

I haven’t tested it yet, but do volume and panning settings make it into exported midi files? I assume velocity does.

Yes, mixer volume and pan values are not exported to the midi file. And I am not sure if it is possible at all.
    But mixer not only works for internal sound engine. It also works for midi destinations. It sends standard CC MIDI messages: CC#7 for volume and CC#10 for pan. But the destination should be able to handle this messages. I checked on several apps and some handle both while some only the volume but not pan.

@ecamburn said:
    Love this app.

When you select a scale type and a scale key(by rotating the wheel) the notes that matches the scale are highlighted. Also chord types buttons are colorised correspondingly. So the app does not restrict you to select only in-scale chords but show you which chords match the scale and which do not.

Colors of chord buttons mean the following:
    Green - all notes of chord match the scale
    Yellow - 1 note of chord is off scale
    Red - 2 or more note are off scale

@aaronpc said:

@cuscolima said:
    Amazing app and thanks for the new features. I live this. For me, the only missing feature will be a « humaniser » to have less this robotic feeling. But I can use a script in StreamByter to do that!!

+1 one on that! A simple humanize slider would be good, but having a per-note Shift, drawn in the editor similar to how Velocity is handled, would be really fun to play around with, not only to humanize, but for lope and swagger. I've become enamored with using it in Cream to get away from the player piano effect.

I am thinking about remaking the sequence editors so it would be possible to draw notes of any length not bound to the grid.

• @Dmitry_Klochkov said:
    I am thinking about remaking the sequence editors so it would be possible to draw notes of any length not bound to the grid.

Looking very much forward to it, whatever it ends up being. I guess a shuffle slider would be helpful, too. The tendency to sound robotic is the last real issue I could have with this app, and this latest update goes a long way to fixing that already.

• @Jocphone said:

As you asked for feedback, the one item that would make me even happier would be the ability to set the number of repeats for each row. Play the first row 3 times then the second 97 times etc..

This is a big one for me also.

• @Dmitry_Klochkov Many thanks, your App gets more and more capable!

• Would love to see an option within the chord selector that limits the chords to the ones in that scale (circle of fifths style). Humaniser sounds good too :)

• Humanizer, swing, whatever you want to call it. This app needs it!

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Humanizer, swing, whatever you want to call it. This app needs it!

Yup. Spent 90 minutes enjoying this all over again (now I know about the chords :)) and a little bit of swing would go an awfully long way......