Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Polyphonic Synths: UNDER $900

2»

Comments

• @syrupcore said:

@LeonKowalski said:

@syrupcore said:

@LeonKowalski said:
    I own a KingKorg, which of course isn‘t „the real thing“ for many purists, but it is very very versatile and I use it on live gigs (classic rock stuff).

It is a fantastic sounding synth. I just wish it had the synth controls and effects controls positions switched.

yes right. no problem for me, as I don’t make synth music, but rock music with presets that I tweak in advance, but for the live knob twisters it‘s a bit awkward indeed.

Not that I'm complaining. I bought it used from some 20-year-old that got it as a gift from his grandma and didn't want it because it didn't have one button dub step master maker controls, bro. For 200 bucks (with a case and shitty practice amp). :)

Wow that‘s almost criminal... Congrats, don‘t tell the grandma 😇

• I’ve been meaning to say - looking at your drum machine post too -, at this price point it’s also super tempting to go with a few different more affordable boxes for soun. We know the gazillion awesome budget mono synths, but this fresh off the press modal skulpt review makes a strong case for the price point on poly going way down too: (Coming from iOS, it’s striking to me how hands on they have managed to make the hardware UI with the rotary encoders, the lights for metering and quick to navigate switches and led.)

If that kind of direction is appealing, Nick Batt’s 2016 live setup is a great starting point for ideas about what options open up with a brain like the beatstep pro (and this setup doesn’t even use the drum sequencer for much, so that’s just the tip) :

• I have wanted a Dreadbox Erebus ever since Nick's review. Just such a juicy sound. Love it.

• not poly but at the price of a bag of chips you could run 3