Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• just realized I have some other apps by this guy, I use his Enumero all the time what a great Dev.... this is why I love ios

• App Store?

Link?

• edited November 2018

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id961772600?mt=8&uo=8&at=11l4Kv

Contender for the too ugly to ever open thread though

• I've always wanted an Omnichord, so I'll be getting it, as ugly as it is. At least the colors are configurable.

Will report back.

• GREAT find !!!
    The tuning stuff is so cool....
    Purchasing

• whilst glancing over to my Omnichord and winking to it, that it will never be replaced by an app :)
  • @BiancaNeve said:
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/id961772600?mt=8&uo=8&at=11l4Kv

Contender for the too ugly to ever open thread though

haha, ugly is beautiful....

• @aaronpc said:
    I've always wanted an Omnichord, so I'll be getting it, as ugly as it is. At least the colors are configurable.

Will report back.

inquiring minds will want to know how stable, and smooth it might me ?

• Ahh - this is the Droneo Dev.
    (I'm a fan!)
    Maybe he has time to do his promised Droneo mods now this has come out

• Interesting app, the polyphony is impressive. The midi out is a bit unstable (I had one or two crashes). I like that the volumew is controlled by the movement (faster = louder). It make the expression really natural. There are a lot of things I haven’t understood, I’m going back to read the manual. And yes, the app is ugly.

• My previous comment is a bit unfair. If you want to control a very expressive instrument (a piano for exemple) then you can really produce wonders with this app. I was as close to Rachmaninov as possible (I don’t play keyboard). Ugly but good, like a pizza

• edited November 2018

So far I like - but the one awesome thing that you can do on an Omnichord is also play the individual notes plus strumming - and variations of the two. (ChordPolyPad does this too)
    Unfortunately this seems to be only about strumming and chords (and all the great tuning stuff)
    No single note melodies to play :(

• @Mayo said:
    So far I like - but the one awesome thing that you can do on an Omnichord is also play the individual notes plus strumming - and variations of the two. (ChordPolyPad does this too)
    Unfortunately this seems to be only about strumming and chords (and all the great tuning stuff)
    No single note melodies to play :(

Actually, that's not the case, though I can understand how you would get that impression. There's a button near the bottom right labeled Strum. If you press it, it toggles between Strum, Slap and Tap. Slap plays a giant chord all at once, and Tap let's you play note by note or strum. It works well enough, but I've found the strings hit area to be a bit too stingy, so I've pinged the dev about some improvements that could be made there. Once this is sorted out, I would probably leave it in Tap all the time, since you can still strum if you want. I guess he's going for authenticity, since you don't tend to play a real autoharp note by note.

• OK - thanks. Tap seems to be what I need.

• Fantastic app! Great sounds with controls and customization much deeper than I anticipated.

• I wish he could fix Droneo to not have a glitch/audio cut out when switching screens & apps

• There has never been an uglier app

• edited November 2018

or beautiful :)

besides Samplr with panning or Playground with sample import

• edited November 2018

wow!

Gotta say, this is one incredibly lovely thing. Despite what you might think about the look (I really like it, personally - appeals to a lover of all things outsider in me) this thing is very unique and really deep. I hope that the internal synth gets more attention, but as for a customizable microtonal strumming autoharp app, it's pretty good. The developer seems off in left field (I was a fan of droneo as well) and I like it. I mean yeah I'd prefer to see it in the shape of an Auv3, and with the ability to microtune other instruments, but that's a tall order..

bottom line, if you're into microtuning, this is one to look into!

There are far too few microtonal apps. Wilsonic, Scalegen (sadly abandoned and not very functional), Thumbjam, Sunrizer, Synth One, Dhalang MG, Ribbons, Geoshred, (did I miss any?) and now POLYHARP!

• Here is a song I have made using PolyHarp (controlling Ravenscroft via MIDI out). It is far less impressive than what is explained in the video above but it maybe gives you an exemple of what can be (easily) done with this marvelous app.
    Other used apps are Gestrument pro and Noir. Hope you enjoy it.

• edited December 2018

Dev Tutorial

• omg I love him.

A bit concerned that it’d sit unused beside Yonac’s Steel Guitar, though (I remember having high hopes that I’d learn to play this).

Still tempted, I will admit.

• yeah, he grooves with his real harp

• It’s very well done, and if you’re into strumming it like a real autoharp it’s great, but when I try to play quickly (tapping rather than strumming) I miss the intended string about 1/3 of the time. Tapping with a plucking motion increases the accuracy but slows down the playing. I’d like the option to have the active strings’ hit areas stretch dynamically over the inactive, dampened strings and forgive my missed hits, like a lot of iOS keyboards, but i’m not sure the dev is into something so inauthentic to the instrument.

• he might, he likes options...

• Hiya AudioBusters!

I'm slowly putting up tutorials on PolyHarp Use over on YouTube, but it's easier to find them on the PolyHarp website. http://polyharp.com . I put in a few more synthesizer presets - more to come later.

I've had success plugging PolyHarp into Audiobus' MIDI workflow, so you can take the MIDI it makes and warp it with MidiFlow tools, etc. PolyHarp also can stick its buttons on AudioBus Remote screens (up to whatever its limit is).
    It's probably lots more fun on devices that aren't 5 years old like mine, where you can take full advantage of the 1,000 note polyphony.

Have fun folks, while it's on sale; I want to put it up to Tier 8 in January!

• edited December 2018

@palm said:
    wow!

Gotta say, this is one incredibly lovely thing. Despite what you might think about the look (I really like it, personally - appeals to a lover of all things outsider in me) this thing is very unique and really deep. I hope that the internal synth gets more attention, but as for a customizable microtonal strumming autoharp app, it's pretty good. The developer seems off in left field (I was a fan of droneo as well) and I like it. I mean yeah I'd prefer to see it in the shape of an Auv3, and with the ability to microtune other instruments, but that's a tall order..

bottom line, if you're into microtuning, this is one to look into!

There are far too few microtonal apps. Wilsonic, Scalegen (sadly abandoned and not very functional), Thumbjam, Sunrizer, Synth One, Dhalang MG, Ribbons, Geoshred, (did I miss any?) and now

Gestrument Pro does it too ;) also, we’ve put a lot of scalegen’s features into GPRO, so if you’re a fan you should definitely check it out :)

• Just got it. It is very intricate and brilliant so far. Hyperspace tuning and harmonic mayhem. MIDI works for basic stuff so far so good. Intense app.