Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stagelight is live on the App Store!

Comments

• edited November 2018

@Samu said:

@gregsmith said:

@gregsmith said:

@Rodolfo said:

@gregsmith said:

@Rodolfo said:

@gregsmith said:
    Does anyone else have an issue with Zeeon being out of tune in SL? I play a D and it’s not D. This doesn’t happen if I try exactly the same thing in AEM.

That happened to me when changing the sample rate to 48KHz, some other apps went out of tune too (about half step difference). Try setting it to 44KHz and it should sound fine.
    I’m not sure if the problem is StageLight or the specific apps, but it’s a problem that has been affecting several apps since IOS 11 as far as I can remember.

Thanks! One question: Where do I change the sample rate? :smile:

There should be an option in the Settings page, but I see that StageLight just informs the sample rate with no option to change it. You can open AUM and change the sample rate in settings, it is a system wide setting so that should do the trick.

Thanks, but I don’t have AUM. Odd that SL doesn’t let you set it?

@OpenLabstechsupport @MatthewAtStagelight

Just tried setting it in AEM and got the following.

I’m on iPhone X

And the 'lightning -> 3.5mm' dongle is locked at 48Khz.
    So the only way to use 44.1 is to attach an audio-interface...

Strange, in my experience with the iPhone 7 Plus speaker is locked to 48khz but lightning EarPods and lightning to jack adapter both can work at 44.1 and 48 kHz. What are your devices?

• @Janosax said:

@Samu said:

@gregsmith said:

@gregsmith said:

@Rodolfo said:

@gregsmith said:

@Rodolfo said:

@gregsmith said:
    Does anyone else have an issue with Zeeon being out of tune in SL? I play a D and it’s not D. This doesn’t happen if I try exactly the same thing in AEM.

That happened to me when changing the sample rate to 48KHz, some other apps went out of tune too (about half step difference). Try setting it to 44KHz and it should sound fine.
    I’m not sure if the problem is StageLight or the specific apps, but it’s a problem that has been affecting several apps since IOS 11 as far as I can remember.

There should be an option in the Settings page, but I see that StageLight just informs the sample rate with no option to change it. You can open AUM and change the sample rate in settings, it is a system wide setting so that should do the trick.

I’m on iPhone X

Strange, in my experience with the iPhone 7 Plus speaker is locked to 48khz but lightning EarPods and lithtning to jack adapter both can work at 44.1 and 48 kHz. What are your devices?

I don’t care about sample rate tbh, just want my damn au’s to be in tune with each other! I have 3 songs that I can’t progress until this is fixed

@OpenLabstechsupport

• @gregsmith said:

@Janosax said:

@Samu said:

@gregsmith said:

@gregsmith said:

@Rodolfo said:

@gregsmith said:

@Rodolfo said:

@gregsmith said:

I’m on iPhone X

Strange, in my experience with the iPhone 7 Plus speaker is locked to 48khz but lightning EarPods and lithtning to jack adapter both can work at 44.1 and 48 kHz. What are your devices?

I don’t care about sample rate tbh, just want my damn au’s to be in tune with each other! I have 3 songs that I can’t progress until this is fixed

@OpenLabstechsupport

Does the problem occur just when opening the project, or are you changing audio devices/sample rate after you open a song? Also is it only occurring with Zeeon, or are there other AU plugins that have this behavior?

• @MatthewAtStagelight said:

@gregsmith said:

@Janosax said:

@Samu said:

@gregsmith said:

@gregsmith said:

@Rodolfo said:

@gregsmith said:

@Rodolfo said:

@gregsmith said:

I’m on iPhone X

@OpenLabstechsupport

Does the problem occur just when opening the project, or are you changing audio devices/sample rate after you open a song? Also is it only occurring with Zeeon, or are there other AU plugins that have this behavior?

I haven’t done anything with the sample rate apart from try to change it in Audio Evolution, which I can’t because I’m on iPhone X.

It’s happening with Zeeon and Audiolayer. I’ve tried closing and opening the app and song, it’s still the same.

• Isn't this all related to the "new" bug in iOS that the developers of Aum, LayR and AudioKit synths are talking about?
    Basically there is a fault in iOS that can't be "app-developed" around, we just need to wait for an iOS update to fix it...

Or it could be something else of course. Just throwing it in there in the mix. :)

• wimwim
    edited November 2018

@hellquist said:
    Isn't this all related to the "new" bug in iOS that the developers of Aum, LayR and AudioKit synths are talking about?
    Basically there is a fault in iOS that can't be "app-developed" around, we just need to wait for an iOS update to fix it...

Or it could be something else of course. Just throwing it in there in the mix. :)

I thought that was only with some of the the new IPad Pros.

• anyone else has issues with midi controller only operating on selected track in Stagelight ?
    i have BSP and the sequencer on sequence the track that is marked in Stagelight. i hope iam doing something wrong.

• @wim said:
    I thought that was only with some of the the new IPad Pros.

Ah yes, you are right.

• edited November 2018

@wim said:
    Hi @OpenLabstechsupport and @MatthewAtStagelight, I mentioned earlier that the only complaint I have with StageLight is the lack of contrast on the grids, which makes it very, very difficult and unpleasant for me to edit notes. No one else chimed in, so I thought I’d reason check it over on another thread, without mentioning StageLight by name. Not a whole bunch of reaction over there either to be honest, but you might find the reactions I did get interesting. I won’t harp on it any more after this. -cheers

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/577683/#Comment_577683

Agree 100%.and if you working on a project at night with all the lights off,its quite hard to look after a while since you have dark area under the tracks and if you pull the keyboard up it becomes more hard coz it’s all white and above it is dark and then your tracks with colours.i think the project page should be the same colour in all.

• @Paa89 said:

@wim said:
    Hi @OpenLabstechsupport and @MatthewAtStagelight, I mentioned earlier that the only complaint I have with StageLight is the lack of contrast on the grids, which makes it very, very difficult and unpleasant for me to edit notes. No one else chimed in, so I thought I’d reason check it over on another thread, without mentioning StageLight by name. Not a whole bunch of reaction over there either to be honest, but you might find the reactions I did get interesting. I won’t harp on it any more after this. -cheers

Agree 100%.and if you working on a project at night with all the lights off,its quite hard to look after a while since you have dark area under the tracks and if you pull the keyboard up it becomes more hard coz it’s all white and above it is dark and then your tracks with colours.i think the project page should be the same colour in all.

Noted, thanks for the feedback!

• I’m really enjoying this app so much! It’s really clicking with me and I’m on the iPhone SE little screen :D :#
    But can’t wait to try it on my iPad.

• @MatthewAtStagelight said:

@Paa89 said:

@wim said:

Thanks for making the app.please keep updating and make it big ✌️🔥

• @Paa89 said:

@MatthewAtStagelight said:

@Paa89 said:

@wim said:

Thanks for making the app.please keep updating and make it big ✌️🔥

That's the plan! Thanks for the support!

• @MatthewAtStagelight : I’m 66 years old and although my reading glasses are not so bad/strong at 1.50 I have to agree . Having said that I’m delighted with my Black Friday Store Pass/ultimate unlock purchase as well as your prompt response to all queries . Here’s hoping there’s a GUI re-do in Stagelight 5, if not before. Other than that what a great app. With the recent addition of “Sampleverse” Stagelight is finally running w the big boys . Great work!

• @sdesign said:
    Anyone using SampleVerse? I have a couple questions...

1) Where you set the destination of the LFO?

You can set the LFO to any parameter that has a dot at the bottom, Just long press the dot to bring on the assignment settings here's a quick video that will show you how.

https://streamable.com/04zsk

2) Each oscillator has a modulation envelope, but I can’t understand what is being modulated? I can’t hear difference to the sound when adjusting the envelope.

We have a couple of modulation to clean up, once this is done we'll make a video to clear up how the mod env and a few other function work.

Thanks!

• @sdesign said:

You can set the LFO to any parameter that has a dot at the bottom, Just long press the dot to bring on the assignment settings here's a quick video that will show you how.

2) Each oscillator has a modulation envelope, but I can’t understand what is being modulated? I can’t hear difference to the sound when adjusting the envelope.

We have a couple of modulation to clean up

Thanks!

@Korakios said:
    Anyone has any info for the push/pull automation?

The Push/Pull automation offset the notes off the grid, it acts a nudge or per note swing.

• @sdesign said:

Thanks!

@Korakios said:

The Push/Pull automation > @Telstar5 said:

@OpenLabstechsupport : I have a $5 credit . I wanna get the ultimate unlock/store pass thing for $99 before midnight tonight . However I don’t see how to apply it . It says “Enter code”.

Your credits should be applied automatically. You should see the amount of credit applied to the left of the total price. Are you not seeing this? You can DM me your stagelight user email address and I'll take a look.

• @OpenLabstechsupport said:

@sdesign said:

Thanks!

@Korakios said:

The Push/Pull automation > @Telstar5 said:

@OpenLabstechsupport : I have a $5 credit . I wanna get the ultimate unlock/store pass thing for $99 before midnight tonight . However I don’t see how to apply it . It says “Enter code”.

Your credits should be applied automatically. You should see the amount of credit applied to the left of the total price. Are you not seeing this? You can DM me your stagelight user email address and I'll take a look.

Issue solved . Got the storepass and loving it !

• edited November 2018

A great many thanks for visiting our neck of the woods :) I've been using the app for a couple weeks now, and have started to compile a few workflow enhancements, so I figured I'd sound them off here.

. I am noticing every now and then that when I go to create a New Instrument track, I end up with 2 Tracks instead of one. I'm trying to replicate the problem, but just know that there are ghost tracks being created at times.
    . The app has the tendency to shut down if left open in the background for an extended period of time. This is kind of annoying, because I have a habit of keeping apps open @ all times, and just switch to them as the mood strikes. Not sure why the app shuts down, but I suspect it's a Background Refresh issue
    . On the subject of Background...any chance we can get it to Play when in the Background. It's annoying that it stops if I switch to another app while listening to my composition
    . I would love...love...LOVE...a probability of Play %, 1:N, Elektron style Per Step conditionals to be available for the Drum tracks and Instrument tracks–please make this so :)–heck, just start with % and I'll be happy :)
    . AU Automation would be great directly on the AU instrument instead of having to load the Automation panel, and scroll to find the parameter you want to automate (try finding CUTOFF for SynthmasterONE - no can do)...just let us noodle the knob and record that automation to the track and auto populate the parameter for us
    . Midi Out – I want to drive my gear with StageLight
    . AU Midi Fx support
    . Midi In Record

That's about what I've been noticing and desiring since using the app. You've got a winner on your hands, and I personally look forward to the development of it.

May the 'verb be with you!
    -echo opera

• @OpenLabstechsupport @MatthewAtStagelight

Really enjoying watching the development of Stagelight on iOS. Have just purchased the unlock.

I would love to see pattern randomization in the drum sequencer! This combined with the great automation it already has would make a very powerful iOS drum machine.

Thx

• Does anyone know how the store credits system working.
    Do you get $1 additional for every $1 that you buy? Or does it function a different way.
    What also is unclear to me is how the sign up works and can you change sign up email after you signed up. I use a different account for Appstore/ iTunes than on my other devices.

• @echoopera : Thanks for your helpful suggestions to them.

• @mannix : Matt said that you need to keep your email address consistent sonas to enable it to work across platforms .

• edited November 2018

Guys what’s the best option to export loops from Groovebox and import into SL. I’ve got a really awesome song going in Groovebox and would love to have the loops in SL and compose as I wish and send to timeline. Thanks for any suggestions <3 :) on iPhone by the way.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Guys what’s the best option to export loops from Groovebox and import into SL. I’ve got a really awesome song going in Groovebox and would love to have the loops in SL and compose as I wish and send to timeline. Thanks for any suggestions <3 :) on iPhone by the way.

Well, you only have three export choices in groovebox. "Project files" which are the individual wave or acc files which would be the obvious choice. Section mix which is a single wave file or Ableton live export.

• so does this daw host au and iaa app, or is it all internal synths and effects?

• @hacked_to_pieces thanks!
    @eross , I’ve only been using AU Synths.

• @eross said:
    so does this daw host au and iaa app, or is it all internal synths and effects?

It hosts AUv3 audio apps only at this time. I think IAA, Audiobus, and AUv3 midi app support arenplanned though.

• edited November 2018

Having some fun over the lunch break with some new companions:
    StageLight + Quanta + SynthMasterONE