Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stagelight is live on the App Store!

Comments

• @Telstar5 said:
    @ecamburn : Yes! Love the minor chord swell at 1:28.. Wait. Your second track just came on. I even like that better . These sounds are just the free version, correct ? I def recognize the drum sounds . Good music and good points you made . I agree

Thanks. No I popped for the ios and PC versions. Pricing is another plus in my book. Total cash outlay has been about $54 USD I think. But I still somehow have $32 in store credit.

• @ecamburn said:

@Telstar5 said:
    @ecamburn : Yes! Love the minor chord swell at 1:28.. Wait. Your second track just came on. I even like that better . These sounds are just the free version, correct ? I def recognize the drum sounds . Good music and good points you made . I agree

Thanks. No I popped for the ios and PC versions. Pricing is another plus in my book. Total cash outlay has been about $54 USD I think. But I still somehow have $32 in store credit.

Oh then you did’t get store pass”?

• @Telstar5 said:

@ecamburn said:

@Telstar5 said:

Oh then you did’t get store pass”?

No I didn’t get the Ultimate Unlock. I got the iOS unlock and the PC Unlock. I didn’t want all the sample and loop content, just access to program features.

• 4.0.2 update is in the AppStore. Does anyone have the release notes?

• @Telstar5 said:
    @OpenLabstechsupport ; Thanks! The first one was excellent .Please keep ‘me coming. Stagepass for iOS will be my Xmas present to myself .

You're Welcome!

• @AtticusL said:
    I know this is a dumb question, but I can't find where to log on to Stagelight to buy the Mac version. I have credits from buying the iOS one so would like to put those towards it. Would appreciate anyone pointing me towards the right place.

Hello,

You should be able to log in by going the Menu, choosing Store and pressing the log in button in the top right corner. Please let em know if this works for you.

• @soundshaper said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@soundshaper said:
    Is it possible to sequence external MIDI gear? Can you choose a specific MIDI input and output for MIDI tracks? Can you record and edit MIDI CC?

Not sure about cc yet, haven’t delved

I’m still not able to receive any MIDI from a track sending to my Sub 37. I’ve included its port in the Outputs, but I can’t find where to specific the MIDI out port for a specific track.

Hello,

MIDI output has not been enabled on your mobile versions. This is on our list and we hope to get this enabled in an update soon.

• @Paa89 said:
    @OpenLabstechsupport hello there. How are you all doing over there?
    I have a couple of issue over here.
    1. It looks like sometimes I can’t change the Oder of my tracks.for example if I have an audio unit under a drum track,it looks like I can’t move the audio unit up.this has happen different times.
    Please watch the video for better understanding

I was not able to reproduce this issue fully. It looks like if you will need to make sure that he green line is above the tracks before you take your finger off the track, it it is not in place, the track will not move, we will look into making this smoother.

1. when I create a user drum kit,and load it then duplicate the track,I can’t hear my samples on the duplicated track.i have to open the drum editor and then reloaded the drum kit.is it supposed to be like that?
      Please watch the video for better understanding

This issue has been report and will will look into it.

And thanks in advance for the reply

• @gregsmith said:
    Does anyone know if you can change the assigned midi note on a drum in the drum track? My mpk mk2 controls the top row fine but not the bottom row. By default SL goes from c3 upwards I believe.

Hello,

This is a feature that has been requested and it is on our list.

• edited November 2018

@Rodolfo said:

@gregsmith said:
    Does anyone else have an issue with Zeeon being out of tune in SL? I play a D and it’s not D. This doesn’t happen if I try exactly the same thing in AEM.

That happened to me when changing the sample rate to 48KHz, some other apps went out of tune too (about half step difference). Try setting it to 44KHz and it should sound fine.
    I’m not sure if the problem is StageLight or the specific apps, but it’s a problem that has been affecting several apps since IOS 11 as far as I can remember.

Thanks! One question: Where do I change the sample rate? :smile:

• @OpenLabstechsupport said:

@gregsmith said:
    Does anyone know if you can change the assigned midi note on a drum in the drum track? My mpk mk2 controls the top row fine but not the bottom row. By default SL goes from c3 upwards I believe.

Hello,

This is a feature that has been requested and it is on our list.

Awesome thanks!

• @gregsmith said:

@Rodolfo said:

@gregsmith said:
    Does anyone else have an issue with Zeeon being out of tune in SL? I play a D and it’s not D. This doesn’t happen if I try exactly the same thing in AEM.

That happened to me when changing the sample rate to 48KHz, some other apps went out of tune too (about half step difference). Try setting it to 44KHz and it should sound fine.
    I’m not sure if the problem is StageLight or the specific apps, but it’s a problem that has been affecting several apps since IOS 11 as far as I can remember.

There should be an option in the Settings page, but I see that StageLight just informs the sample rate with no option to change it. You can open AUM and change the sample rate in settings, it is a system wide setting so that should do the trick.

• @Rodolfo said:

@gregsmith said:

@Rodolfo said:

@gregsmith said:

There should be an option in the Settings page, but I see that StageLight just informs the sample rate with no option to change it. You can open AUM and change the sample rate in settings, it is a system wide setting so that should do the trick.

Thanks, but I don’t have AUM. Odd that SL doesn’t let you set it?

@OpenLabstechsupport @MatthewAtStagelight

• @djjuniorpops said:
    @OpenLabstechsupport . @MatthewAtStagelight is there a way to side chain

I couldn’t find a way internally but I bought the Woodpressor Compressor/limiter/saturation AU3 this weekend and it will do it.

• @Paa89 said:

Hello guys how are you all doing?is it normal for the buffer size to be stuck on 256 ?before the update if I’m not mistaking , I could change the buffer size.but now I’m stuck on 256 no option to choose different size
    I am on iPad Pro 10.5
    Latest iOS version

I'm able to adjust buffer size on my phone and Ipad with current IOS store version, are you using an external audio device by any chance?

• @OpenLabstechsupport : I have a $5 credit . I wanna get the ultimate unlock/store pass thing for $99 before midnight tonight . However I don’t see how to apply it . It says “Enter code”.

• wimwim
    edited November 2018

This could also be because of other apps grabbing the buffer settings first. I think whichever app sets the buffers first determines it for others. Force quitting all apps, then starting Stagelight and / or a soft or hard reboot of the device may help.

• @Paa89 said:
    @OpenLabstechsupport
    Hello guys.is anybody facing this issue?
    So I have my own Drumkits made in Stagelight,when I freeze my drum track,the sample plays fine for the first loop after that it starts to delay.
    When I tap on unfreeze,I can’t hear my sample no more and need to reload the Drumkit and redo the effects I had on the sample.
    And I also notice that the frozen drum track is also quiter in volume
    iPad Pro 10.5 latest iOS version
    Please watch the video for better understanding.
    Thanks in advance for the answers

Refining freeze/ unfreeze function is on our list for the next patch. > @djjuniorpops said:

@OpenLabstechsupport . @MatthewAtStagelight is there a way to side chain

We do not have the able to route audio in this way currently.

• edited November 2018

@gregsmith said:

@Rodolfo said:

@gregsmith said:

@Rodolfo said:

@gregsmith said:

Just tried setting it in AEM and got the following.

I’m on iPhone X

• The sample rate setting is tricky on all apps since the last few iOS versions. For instance, in AUM it can be set, but it may seem not to do anything. I kept trying to set it to 441000 and it kept reverting. I finally discovered it flipped back whenever I plugged my Lightning headphones into my phone.

• @gregsmith said:

@gregsmith said:

@Rodolfo said:

@gregsmith said:

@Rodolfo said:

@gregsmith said:

I’m on iPhone X

And the 'lightning -> 3.5mm' dongle is locked at 48Khz.
    So the only way to use 44.1 is to attach an audio-interface...

• @Samu said:

@gregsmith said:

@gregsmith said:

@Rodolfo said:

@gregsmith said:

@Rodolfo said:

@gregsmith said:

I’m on iPhone X

Can stagelight fix the AU problem another way? It doesn’t happen in AEM with the same AU apps

@OpenLabstechsupport

• Hi @OpenLabstechsupport and @MatthewAtStagelight, I mentioned earlier that the only complaint I have with StageLight is the lack of contrast on the grids, which makes it very, very difficult and unpleasant for me to edit notes. No one else chimed in, so I thought I’d reason check it over on another thread, without mentioning StageLight by name. Not a whole bunch of reaction over there either to be honest, but you might find the reactions I did get interesting. I won’t harp on it any more after this. -cheers

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/577683/#Comment_577683

• @wim said:
    Hi @OpenLabstechsupport and @MatthewAtStagelight, I mentioned earlier that the only complaint I have with StageLight is the lack of contrast on the grids, which makes it very, very difficult and unpleasant for me to edit notes. No one else chimed in, so I thought I’d reason check it over on another thread, without mentioning StageLight by name. Not a whole bunch of reaction over there either to be honest, but you might find the reactions I did get interesting. I won’t harp on it any more after this. -cheers

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/577683/#Comment_577683

@wim : Agree 100%

• @Samu said:

@gregsmith said:

@gregsmith said:

@Rodolfo said:

@gregsmith said:

@Rodolfo said:

@gregsmith said:

I’m on iPhone X

@Samu: Noted.. Other than that , what are your thoughts on it now that you’ve worked with it some more?

• @Telstar5 said:

@Samu: Noted.. Other than that , what are your thoughts on it now that you’ve worked with it some more?

I've not even downloaded SL or AEM to be honest.
    Sticking to my trinity, Cubasis & BM3 with AUv3's and Gadget for the time being.

The sample-rate issues are a mess to be honest so I stick with using an external audio-interface to be 'safe'.

I just noticed that the 'suggestion' in the pop-up to use a headset to be able to use 44.1K and that only works on devices that actually have a built-in 3.5mm jack as the Lightning 3.5mm dongle locks the sample-rate at 48K...

• Howdy folks. No luck searching the forum for this: how to route instrument track audio to an audio track; ie, creating loops on the fly, like Loopy, but within the app.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bill

• @zilld2017 I’m pretty sure that kind of resampling isn’t possible currently. The dev suggested on another thread to export the audio either by freezing the track or mixing down to audio. SL stores this audio in folders that can be accessed via the iOS files app. The rendered audio can then be brought back into SL.

• @ecamburn said:
    @zilld2017 I’m pretty sure that kind of resampling isn’t possible currently. The dev suggested on another thread to export the audio either by freezing the track or mixing down to audio. SL stores this audio in folders that can be accessed via the iOS files app. The rendered audio can then be brought back into SL.

As an alternative you can long press the record button in clip (session?) mode and choose "record performance" This will record whatever you play and store the wav file in the "performances" folder and you can just drag it back into an audio track as a loop or on the timeline.

• @OpenLabstechsupport has stated that they’re in the process of creating a second Sampleverse video. Here’s hoping they address and explain the issue and the workaround there.