Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Steinberg ur22 mk2 question...RESOLVED.

I need a powered hub to use my iPad Pro with a .Kawai VPC1 controller. First I was considering the IRig Pro I/O but saw recs for the Steinberg AI. Watching a review of the ur22 mk2 it seemed like they were saying the headphone out only gives a mono signal! Is that True, or were they talking about the knob that adjusted the hp mix?

Also, do you think this will solve the problem (just the iPad prompted a "device does not have enough power" pop up) to get the Kawai working? I like the Steinberg better for build and functionality... anything to recommend the IRig?

Also, I will need to get a power brick for either and not certain if I can get that in Turkey.
Help! Thanks!

Comments

• iconnect audio4+

It is a power midi hub, an audio device which has a special powered iPad lightening connector so you don’t need to use the CCK.

I won’t lie it is a total bitch to set up due to all the routing possibilities so that is something you would need to consider.

• Headphone out is stereo. You can power it by using some android phone charger for example via its smaller usb input or just hooking it to a powered hub

• Headphone output is mono if you are using it as a reference guide, not connected to the ipad. For example i wanted to use it to commect my guitar amp sim and stereo fx pedals without my ipad, but you lose stereo. Once you connect an ipad/computer you get full stereo.

• Digital audio will be monitored in stereo but analogue inputs via L and R will be monitored mono (even though actual Digital output will be stereo). This configuration is kind of helpful if you were say using a guitar in L and mic in R. With powered hub you can Power your keyboard, iPad and Steinburg and will have no problem getting stereo headphone monitoring.

• @Reuben said:
    Digital audio will be monitored in stereo but analogue inputs via L and R will be monitored mono (even though actual Digital output will be stereo). This configuration is kind of helpful if you were say using a guitar in L and mic in R. With powered hub you can Power your keyboard, iPad and Steinburg and will have no problem getting stereo headphone monitoring.

Also you can choose input 1&2 as a sinle stereo pair or as separate mono channels in any app that lets you select inputs

• Thanks @[Deleted User] , @ToMess , @vpich and @reuben.
    I saw the UR today and had to walk a mile in the music section of Istanbul to get a 5v charger. ( Turkey!) But when I tried the Kawai VPC1 the action was way too sluggish and heavy for me, so I got an MP11 instead which runs an iPad without an AI, no problem. But thanks, as always.

@[Deleted User] it was a two month ordeal but I really love the Kawai. Worth the Byzantine struggle... Famous last words in Turkey... "No Problem!"

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thanks @[Deleted User] , @ToMess , @vpich and @reuben.
    I saw the UR today and had to walk a mile in the music section of Istanbul to get a 5v charger. ( Turkey!) But when I tried the Kawai VPC1 the action was way too sluggish and heavy for me, so I got an MP11 instead which runs an iPad without an AI, no problem. But thanks, as always.

@[Deleted User] it was a two month ordeal but I really love the Kawai. Worth the Byzantine struggle... Famous last words in Turkey... "No Problem!"

Congratulations sir, that is a mighty fine keyboard!

• @Reuben said:
    Digital audio will be monitored in stereo but analogue inputs via L and R will be monitored mono (even though actual Digital output will be stereo). This configuration is kind of helpful if you were say using a guitar in L and mic in R. With powered hub you can Power your keyboard, iPad and Steinburg and will have no problem getting stereo headphone monitoring.

• Thanks @[Deleted User] and happy holidays to you!