Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPad pro 11 + anker usb hub + usb cable, will it work ? (please help :) )

Comments

• It should work as a hub, but it won’t power the iPad. You’d need a USB-C hub with Power Delivery for that.

• edited November 2018

@Liquidmantis ah...thanks...
    I made a mistake, I have this usb hub
    https://www.anker.com/products/variant/usb-3-0-superspeed-10-port-hub/68ANHUB-B10A

It does not have this "Power Delivery" feature...does it ?...

• edited November 2018

No, traditional hubs don't pass power to the host. Try this article for some ideas. https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-usb-c-hubs-and-docks/

I'm still waiting for my iPad to get here but I grabbed a cheap Aplomb hub that works great on my MacBook.

• Hmm...Seems it doesn't...So, is there at least a 6 usb hub with Power Delivery available ? All I can see is a mix of different ports, but 3 usb max... :(

• edited November 2018

Good find! I might have to try that one, too. I don't need the variety pack of ports either.

• The problem with many of these USB-C hubs is that they have short cables. If you use your iPad in a stand, the hub dangles from its USB-C port, instead of laying on the desk.

• I plan on using an extension for that reason.

• @Liquidmantis said:
    I plan on using an extension for that reason.

That should be possible... ;)
    Still wrapping my head around new stuff with usb c. We will see what will work

• Yeah, I’m excited for the change. Need to buy some new hardware and cables, but it should make for much cleaner cabling and easier setup. I can replace my CCK, hub, multiple cable, battery back solution with a simple USB-C hub and battery pack. Hopefully the battery power will be less of a requirement now, too. Given that the Akai mini works without a powered hub, it’s promising. Verizon was supposed to ship my 11” on the 21st and they still haven’t, though.

• @Liquidmantis said:

AFAIK, extension cables aren’t supported by USB-C spec. I’d be interested to see how you get on with one.

• I already like USB C > Lightning. For one it provides more power to USB devices than lightning did. I can use my Zoom u24 and MPK Mini at the same time without powering my iPad or using a powered hub. I can just plug it up anywhere. Also my iPad doesn’t lose any battery when those two devices are connected and I’m connected to a wall outlet like it did when using the CCK. So far everything works the same if not better. I was never skeptical of things that worked with lightning (unless it’s a lightning only device) not working with USB C

• @YZJustDatGuy said:
    I already like USB C > Lightning. For one it provides more power to USB devices than lightning did. I can use my Zoom u24 and MPK Mini at the same time without powering my iPad or using a powered hub. I can just plug it up anywhere. Also my iPad doesn’t lose any battery when those two devices are connected and I’m connected to a wall outlet like it did when using the CCK. So far everything works the same if not better. I was never skeptical of things that worked with lightning (unless it’s a lightning only device) not working with USB C

Thanks for the info! Sounds promising.

Are you able to enable +48V phantom power on the Zoom u24 (without powering your iPad or using a powered hub, and with the MPK Mini attached too)?

• @mistercharlie said:

@Liquidmantis said:

AFAIK, extension cables aren’t supported by USB-C spec. I’d be interested to see how you get on with one.

Maybe just get a USB-C hub with a detachable cable, and get a longer USB-C cable?
    For USB-C, 1m (3.3') I believe is the maximum length for USB-3.1 10gb/s speeds and 5 amps power delivery. 2m (6.6') with 3 amps power delivery. But there are USB-2.0 (480mb/s) USB-C cables that are short too, so good idea to check first before buying.

https://superuser.com/questions/961176/usb-type-c-power-delivery-profile-max-length
    https://www.monoprice.com/pages/usb_31_type_c

• @ocelot said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:
    I already like USB C > Lightning. For one it provides more power to USB devices than lightning did. I can use my Zoom u24 and MPK Mini at the same time without powering my iPad or using a powered hub. I can just plug it up anywhere. Also my iPad doesn’t lose any battery when those two devices are connected and I’m connected to a wall outlet like it did when using the CCK. So far everything works the same if not better. I was never skeptical of things that worked with lightning (unless it’s a lightning only device) not working with USB C

Are you able to enable +48V phantom power on the Zoom u24 (without powering your iPad or using a powered hub, and with the MPK Mini attached too)?

Yup. Just tested it works fine. iPad battery is at 78% as well

• @mistercharlie said:

@Liquidmantis said:

No extension cords?!? Wtf?! But you can get those on amazon... time will tell. My dongle will arrive on Friday. I take it from there

• edited November 2018

I did some more digging this morning and results with extensions look hit or miss, with a bias toward miss... The short 1.5’ seem to offer the best odds.

Verizon is finally shipping my 11” so I should be able to test soon.

• I tried using my USB C to USB A cable that came with my Nintendo Switch Pro Controller to transfer data from my Mac to my ipad and it didn’t work. It’s pretty long cable so it must be for charging only

• @YZJustDatGuy said:

@ocelot said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

Yup. Just tested it works fine. iPad battery is at 78% as well

Thanks! That's really convenient.

• I've bought this hub:
    https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B0719J17BM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just to use it to power the iPad and to connect my "old" usb 3 perfectly working with previous lightning connection.

So it's pluged as a chain from iPad > this hub delivering power > usb 2 host connector of the other usb hub.

Works perfect, it's the less expensive way I found to keep my previous hub with 10 usb ports !
    Only issue is that I can't use a usb C / usb 2 cable to power the usb c hub from the usb 2 hub.( 2 power usb plugs not delivering enough power for usb c...too bad...)

This hub is also interesting as you can get an HDMI out for the same price, and as you only need 1 usb port to connect your other hub.
    https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B07JZ6YG9X/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=A3QHI8DWAR39DN&psc=1