Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Samplist goes universal

1235»

Comments

• @aaronpc said:

@alecsbuga said:

@rs2000 said:

@alecsbuga said:
    I'll give RubberBand a try. Sounds good. But I need to see how to implement it.

Have you had a look at the time stretching alternatives yet?

Nope

Hurry. You're going to need time stretching alternatives once the baby arrives.

Hahahahahah. Man. You killed me with this one !

• edited September 2018

@aaronpc said:

@alecsbuga said:

@rs2000 said:

@alecsbuga said:
    I'll give RubberBand a try. Sounds good. But I need to see how to implement it.

Have you had a look at the time stretching alternatives yet?

Nope

Hurry. You're going to need time stretching alternatives once the baby arrives.

:D (my kind of humor -- nobody getting it! ;))

• @alecsbuga said:
    Hey guys. Sorry for being absent. New baby on the way :) I'm gonna be a dad :)

I want to give you a heads up on what's Coming next:
    A fix for Bluetooth headphones and speakers
    Started working on the grid sequencer. The idea is to lay down some beats and export as a loop. I'll probably

All good news thanks for the updates congrats on the new arrival.

• It hasn't arrived yet. But thanks

• This is a nice app. Can the slices be looped? Just to create sounds with sustain. If not, anything you could consider adding to?

• @tiantong said:
    This is a nice app. Can the slices be looped? Just to create sounds with sustain. If not, anything you could consider adding to?

@tiantong said:
    This is a nice app. Can the slices be looped? Just to create sounds with sustain. If not, anything you could consider adding to?

Yes. I have a rewrite in the process which doesn't use Apple sampler. It uses audio buffers and it will allow me to do nice stuff like looping

• @alecsbuga said:

>

Yes. I have a rewrite in the process which doesn't use Apple sampler. It uses audio buffers and it will allow me to do nice stuff like looping

Cool. Just to be clear, I mean looping a clip, not creating loops like in, say, Loopy.
    Like in Logic's Alchemy synth:

• @tiantong said:

@alecsbuga said:

>

Cool. Just to be clear, I mean looping a clip, not creating loops like in, say, Loopy.
    Like in Logic's Alchemy synth:

I mean looping the slice to create long notes. Hope this clarifies

• Yes, thank you @alecsbuga
    Looking forward to it.

• Guys I just wanna share some exciting news:
    I've made the fist step into making Samplist an AUv3
    Right now I'm testing with 4 loops to see if it works. And it works on all the hosts I have on my iPad.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wiW3Ldh5UobxAR2h8

• @alecsbuga said:
    Guys I just wanna share some exciting news:
    Right now I'm testing with 4 loops to see if it works. And it works on all the hosts I have on my iPad.

Fantastic, great news!

• @alecsbuga said:
    Guys I just wanna share some exciting news:

Go cat! Go!!

• So I've just pushed an update to Samplist today.
    • Made the Slice Delete button more visible and reachable.
    • Added a small label that shows you can scroll the controls area to access time stretch settings
    • Added a link to an online manual. Will be live shortly.
    • Bug fixes and improvements

The manual link right now will lead to the Samplist website, but I'm currently writing it and will be up until Apple approves the update.

Also, I'm working on Sample Loop & Filter Envelope :D
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/HoTd1hnVz6vXias59

• @alecsbuga
    This is great news. If you need beta testers, there are plenty of willing people around here.
    Well, at least one willing person. :)

• @CracklePot said:
    @alecsbuga
    This is great news. If you need beta testers, there are plenty of willing people around here.
    Well, at least one willing person. :)

It will take me a while since I need to rewrite some stuff. But it’s getting there

• @alecsbuga : I have been having fun exploring the app. Do you prefer feedback here on the forum or via private message?

• @espiegel123 said:
    @alecsbuga : I have been having fun exploring the app. Do you prefer feedback here on the forum or via private message?

Thanks. Use the Send Feedback button from the app. I have an Inbox folder which gathers all that feedback ;)

• :)

@alecsbuga said:

@espiegel123 said:
    @alecsbuga : I have been having fun exploring the app. Do you prefer feedback here on the forum or via private message?

Thanks. Use the Send Feedback button from the app. I have an Inbox folder which gathers all that feedback ;)

• @alecsbuga said:

@espiegel123 said:

Fancy name for junk mail filter. ;)

• Awesome. AUv3 has several flavors:

1. AU Instrument
    2. AU Generator (for sending out MIDI I guess)
    3. AU FX

Are you just doing #1 or are you also doing #3 so we can record from our other apps right into your Sampler? I find that to be really useful in sampler rather than having to record a wave and import it into the sampler.

Just curious. I'm also keen to see if you can loop for sustain of notes beyond the limits of the one-shot recordings and have the MIDI engine respond to the use of the sustain pedal for MIDI keyboard control.

• At the moment I’m focusing to get a freaking AU working. iOS and documentation is a bitch regarding this matter. I’ll see along the way what the options are. Not sure if #1 and #3 can be combined.

• I would like to sample live input into Samplist directly..hopefully that will come when AU support happens ? Also a way to overlap slices ?

• @alecsbuga said:
    At the moment I’m focusing to get a freaking AU working. iOS and documentation is a bitch regarding this matter. I’ll see along the way what the options are. Not sure if #1 and #3 can be combined.

Thanks. I don't envy you digging into Apple's documentation. I noticed another developer was waiting to see if using AudioKit made adding an AU easy.

If adding MIDI sustain is possible I'd love it but keep working. There's a lot to like about your app as it is. I'll watch for updates.

I just bought so many Apps on sale I've got weeks of experimentation ahead of me trying them all out.

• @thepinkelefant said:
    I would like to sample live input into Samplist directly..hopefully that will come when AU support happens ? Also a way to overlap slices ?

You can already do that

• edited November 2019

I just wanted to chime in because of the timestretching debate.

I tried Rubber Band, ZTX and Soundtouch mainly for pitching. ZTX sounds amazing and is also the easiest to implement. It is considerably faster than Rubber Band. What I really like about ZTX is that you don't need to split the buffer into different chunks but can just feed the processing algorithm with one frame per channel.

I was interested in comparing Superpowered 2 with ZTX regarding the performance. From what I've heard so far Superpowered sounds pretty awesome but isn't as easy to setup. Also it might not be that interesting anymore since they've stopped offering it for free.

Has anyone compared the ZTX PRO algorythm with stereo channel support to the Superpowered algorythm in terms of speed? I would like to know which one is faster. Superpowered mentions it would be much faster than Rubber Band or others while not mentioning ZTX at all. Maybe due to the fact that the guys from Zynaptiq apparently did a pretty good job overall?

• edited February 2021

Hi @alecsbuga did you ever get anywhere with the auv3 version? (Kids take all your time away don’t they!)

Edit: ignore me, just found the other thread