Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apps you wanna like but visually can’t

It gets fustrating reading/watching reviews of an app, buying it and then realizing it’s just too challenging on the eyes to enjoy, regardless of how great it sounds. This criticism is solely in the hopes that if adjustments are made, you would be likely to reach for it more often.
So please share and lets help eachother out. I’ll start.....

Volt- text is way to tiny and dark
Reason compact (Europa)- too dark

Comments

• edited November 2018

Reason Compact or Disappointment XL whatever it is.

• Different Drummer.
    Great app, but what a mess!
    :)

• edited November 2018

Unfortunately, there are way too many, LOL :smile:

• FLSM (this one stands on the TOP for its masterpiece desktop counterpart!!)
    • Kauldron
    • bs-16i
    • Sound Canvas
    • Synth & Drum Pad
    • ThumbJam
    • BeBot
    • BeatHawk
    • Heavy Brass
    • Music Memos (minimalist and hidden controls)
    • Samvada (but free)
    • ChordMaps 2 (a powerful mess!)
    • Arturia iSEM (dated)
    • Zeeon (average UI)
    • And many more that I don't own (fortunately)

FL Studio 12 | Launch Video
    Scalable Vectorial Interface up to 8K resolution!

FL STUDIO 20 | Launch Video

• Model 15.
    Too damn realistic.
    :D

• @MobileMusic said:
    Unfortunately, there are many, LOL :smile:

• FLSM (this one stands on the TOP for its masterpiece desktop counterpart!!)
    • Kauldron
    • bs-16i
    • Sound Canvas
    • Synth & Drum Pad
    • ThumbJam
    • BeBot
    • BeatHawk
    • Heavy Brass
    • Music Memos (minimalist and hidden controls)
    • Samvada (but free)
    • ChordMaps 2 (a powerful mess!)
    • Arturia (dated)
    • Zeeon (average UI)
    • And many more that I don't own (fortunately)

FL Studio 12 | Launch Video
    Scalable Vectorial Interface up to 8K resolution!

FL STUDIO 20 | Launch Video

BeBot?? :D

• @brice
    I chuckled at that one, too.
    B)

• Oh korg monopoly- too tiny/cramped

• Apesofts apps, with the exception of iVCS3...

• @breilly said:
    Oh korg monopoly- too tiny/cramped

iMS-20 is beautiful but too tiny fonts on like the mini :neutral:

• Bebot? Bebot!

Makes violently sarcastic note in Book of Judgment, Thunder, and Likely Future Revenge etc.

• edited November 2018

Audulus on complex patches. (it's beautiful, but painful)

Different Drummer.

both very powerful apps though.

(i still wish to see nord modular app one day :( )

• Stroke Machine, I get a headache looking at it :s

• Beatonal - it has a handy figure style sequencer that I was looking for and I came close to unlocking the full version after jamming on it for a while but the look is so dated and uninspiring.

• SynthMaster One. I just find myself repulsed by the way that one looks. Why doesn’t it look like the desktop version?

• @Beathoven said:
    SynthMaster One. I just find myself repulsed by the way that one looks. Why doesn’t it look like the desktop version?

Funny isn't it? Really is strokes for folks. I like the SM1 look, find it straightforward and if anything calming...Stroke machine on the other hand; can't last more than two minutes with.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Beathoven said:
    SynthMaster One. I just find myself repulsed by the way that one looks. Why doesn’t it look like the desktop version?

Funny isn't it? Really is strokes for folks. I like the SM1 look, find it straightforward and if anything calming...Stroke machine on the other hand; can't last more than two minutes with.

I guess it’s why we don’t all fancy the same person. :p

• @Beathoven said:

The desktop GUI is indeed quite nice (the dark blue one). Also confusing is that desktop plugin has a skin named “iPad.....” but it doesn’t look like the current iPad version at all. Skin mysteries.

• Other than some mentioned, which I won’t mention, there’s this:
    Beat-Machine by Primitive Digital Software
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/beat-machine/id505825861?mt=8

Although visually it grates, it’s bad in a nice way, and doesn’t at all stop me from liking using it (although it isn’t currently loaded on my iPad).

• The icon from Werkbench is just awful and it really needs to be cool.

Blocs Wave's new icon is ugly compared to the nice one they used to have.

As far as the open app eyesore I can't bring myself to buy, Wretch machine and iKaossilator come to mind.

Sorry to the developers. Apps are cool though!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Bebot? Bebot!

Makes violently sarcastic note in Book of Judgment, Thunder, and Likely Future Revenge etc.

With you!
    I often open him up silently just to watch him smile and bow. He's irresistibly cute.

• edited November 2018

@JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Bebot? Bebot!

With you!
    I often open him up silently just to watch him smile and bow. He's irresistibly cute.

Come on - he looks like SpongeBob Square Pants. Not serious for a music app :neutral:

• Groove Rider gr-16. I love Electribe Wave, and I figured "Eh, I'd like to try GR and see how it compares." The price tag is fine, and it sounds like it puts out great sounds, but the GUI looks like a nightmare, lol.

• wimwim
    edited November 2018

@u0421793 said:
    Other than some mentioned, which I won’t mention, there’s this:

Although visually it grates, it’s bad in a nice way, and doesn’t at all stop me from liking using it (although it isn’t currently loaded on my iPad).

You forgot the dirty iPolySix. Or suppressed it as a bad memory.

• edited November 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Beathoven said:

Agree!

That was harsh to say SynthMaster One's looks are repulsing - that's like saying Cubasis is ugly or the baby is ugly :neutral: It is so well-designed and well-organized including the categorized popup menus that offer educational value, mini graphs for visual cues, intuitive drag-n-drop actions, powerful Browser, etc - cramming a full desktop app into an iOS app - all on a single screen and porting it as-is. It is very deep - deeper than other synths I've seen and fun to use. SM1 can be easily used to create tutorials on synthesis and sound design - it is so cleanly laid out and obvious with no ambiguity. It sets an example for other apps to follow.

As for the colors - I like its warm and calm looks - it's more soothing than other music apps that don't use a dark theme (eg: Primer, Syntorial, Zeeon). It's all in place already - you want a dark/blue theme - that's a low-priority TRIVIAL piece of cake for the dev to dish out in no time as colors are simple cosmetic/property changes and not major functionality changes! I've already suggested to keep the current theme and release a few more themes that could be switched from the Settings. I like dark theme too but, such tasks are low-priority (fully, half of it is already dark by the way :smile:). What you are asking is cosmetic color changes and that is actually trivial - themes will arrive when it is time.

SynthMaster Player UI is cool too - except for the center-aligned item names in the lists - they should be left aligned which would be easy on the eyes to read. Center alignment looks great if the items have fixed length data.

• @wim said:

@u0421793 said:

I’ve never actually had that (the real, or the app), but my real Mono/Poly was in far better condition a couple of years ago than the iOS app, I can tell you!

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Groove Rider gr-16. I love Electribe Wave, and I figured "Eh, I'd like to try GR and see how it compares." The price tag is fine, and it sounds like it puts out great sounds, but the GUI looks like a nightmare, lol.

You can change the GUI yourself in the settings

• @u0421793 said:

@wim said:

@u0421793 said:

I’ve never actually had that (the real, or the app), but my real Mono/Poly was in far better condition a couple of years ago than the iOS app, I can tell you!

I have a beloved Mono/Poly as well, really torn on buying the app or not. It’s the synth I know best and am curious about how close the app comes, also I know my way around it well. On the other hand it’s old hat and I could get something fresh like iwavestation instead.

As to the original topic, anyone remember Molten drum machine? Neon green and purple!

• wimwim
    edited November 2018

@u0421793 said:

@wim said:

@u0421793 said:

Oh yeh, that was the one. I still temper the posts. :D

• Mellotron XL, Kaspar and PPG Infinite are all hurting my eyes.

iOptigan too, but it should look exactly the way it does.

Nobody mentioned Cyclop? I really love it. The sheer beauty of ugliness.