Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Which (Black Friday) Sales are you buying? and Why?

Comments

• edited November 2018

Eeeeep. Impulse bought a few things without doing enough research, and that turn out not to be useful for me. Tips on asking for refund without blaming devs?

Edit: called apple, told them exactly what I wrote here ^. (I didn’t want to report accidental purchase because that wasn’t true.) And they just set up the refunds no problem. Nice!

• Bought Oscilab , burnt some braincells , jammed for more than an hour .... <3 <3 <3

• Anyone interested... @Zaubrer recommended Ops (modular), and it's on sale

• Tried a bit Quanta last night and I must say I am impressed. This thing can make incredible sounds!

• @ohwell said:
    Eeeeep. Impulse bought a few things without doing enough research, and that turn out not to be useful for me. Tips on asking for refund without blaming devs?

just say you bought accidentally

• Weird, I'm not seeing the new piano in Module at a discount, even though the Korg UK site says it should be on sale.

• I think I’m done. Already had most things that fit me before the chum hit the water, but I got Kleverb and PhaseThree anyway (and I’m not sorry I did - they’re both a joy to use).

Quanta was an impulse buy with a twitchy finger. I’d held off earlier in the year because I like Reason’s Grain for this kind of stuff and I thought it was on the way. Losing faith that we’ll get a satisfying port of that one, though. Anyway, I like the look of Quanta’s envelopes and the mod matrix.

What else?

Xequence’s ‘multitrack record’ IAP was not on sale, (I don’t think) but I needed that one for productivity.

And Stockholm, finally. Because Reason. I’m spending more and more time in Reason. Reason’s a really creative environment. Playful and adventurous and capable and mature. I think I prefer it to Ableton, Logic etc. - I can make Rex loops over there and bring them into Gadget, which I’ll get around to doing at some point. Honest.

I think that’s it.

Was hoping for sale prices on Pro-Q2 and AudioLayer, but they haven’t dropped. I guess I’ll be paying full price for those two, but next week, because never know... Cyber Monday’s coming after all.

What I really need to get is a new Mac.

• None. I've not even taken the plunge on the recent new releases either. I'm feeling puzzled but equally satisfied at the same time :)

• Picked up Quanta...amazing presets...why do many of them pop and click? On iPad Pro 10.5 with nothing else running.

• STATUS REPORT:

Luis Martinez (Lumbeat) iBassist 50% off. Yes. #1 on my wishlist since $18 Apps are never impulse buys but 50% gets my attention and $10 seems to be the line for me.

Animoog down from $30 to $10 triggered the same reaction.

Gestrument Pro got close enough at $12 because I had never even listen to the demo until it hit this sale. Amazing approach to making the iPad screen a great music making tool. Slowly move about in the Orchestra instrument and you'll think you're @Cib for a moment of pure musical genius. The genius, of course, is in the app. But the feeling of that creative power is there. You think this chord should move now and it does and the new chord is a great choice with some really sophisticated "voicing" decisions being made for you. I think this one is pretty deep and a real labor saving device for scoring videos and podcasts.

Altispace Reverb shows me why everyone wants a great IR (Impulse Response) Convolution Reverb. Most reverb's over do the effect: if a little reverberation is good then a lot of reverberation is killer. Maybe it's not... like too much salt. This is the Reverb from the ----scaper dude. Damn... I should apply the $10 rule to the synthscaper it's just that the video scares me.
    But rules should NOT be broken right?

Turnado for $9? Rule #1.

Moebius Lab for $6!

Mood, Phosphor 2... Quanta! It's like Spacecraft but more of a playable synth and less sequenced sounding.

Audulus 3? $10 rule.

KB-1 at any price. An real AUv3 keyboard with every type of keyboard approach including MPE and scales? Just make it you default on iPads.

Shoom... Now I don't feel like taking a Loop Recorder into the subway for those weird rumbles of the Balrog coming. Should be called 'shrooms.

Bark Filter. Those @Virsyn folks are smart. Got anything below $10.

Grand Finale.

OK. Synthscape before it goes back up.

• edited November 2018

From what I can tell - and I don't own it because I don't use an iPad - KB-1 is a somewhat modified version of the keyboard from the Volt synth ($10 rule?). From what I've read, KB-1 will get even better over time.

I almost got Synthscaper, but... it just looks like a lot of work. And I just want to make music. Same with Gestrument (spelling?) and anything similar. I'm down to $6 on my allocated gift card I got myself... much drained after KORG. Also decided against Mood, since I have Model D, DRC (Black Friday!) and a hardware synth also similar. Maybe on the next sale :)

• edited November 2018

Thanks @McDtracy for iBassist :)
    I am watching Luis Martinez's apps , very long time too , as they are more than my 10E limit....
    Wish all his apps were on sale <3

• My haul so far is SYnthMaster, kronecker, AD quanta, adverb, ratshack and the phaser, iBassist, GoToEQ, kb-1 and re-1, apesoft VCS synth and stagelight4!

Now I just need to decide on the desktop side :#

• Synthscaper before it goes back up.

Unlocked the Reason Compact Europa Synth for $5. Such a great sounding synth for $5. (Let the Propellerheads bashing begin... 3-2-1). "So disappointing." Not for me. Such a cool sounding $5 synth with a great set of IAP's at reasonable prices. I get that the Desktop product is awesome but IOS getting a little of their skill is not a bad thing.

• edited November 2018

@ruggedsmooth said:
    My haul so far is SYnthMaster, kronecker, AD quanta, adverb, ratshack and the phaser, iBassist, GoToEQ, kb-1 and re-1, apesoft VCS synth and stagelight4!

Now I just need to decide on the desktop side :#

I'm not sure I'll be able to NOT get Kronecker. Fighting the urge now and losing :) It's just so different.

Desktop side note:
    Clearly Ableton Live has some special love here and Link works well. If Link isn't needed, then I'd like to plug Tracktion Waveform (on sale today for 50% off), though it's BYOFX for the most part. Bring your own effects, as the built-in ones are.... minimal. But that's a big reason why it's inexpensive. If you need built-in effects because you don't have any 3rd party ones - and you need more than the cost difference. I'd definitely check Ableton and Studio One. Or Logic if on Mac as that seems quite a bargain for what you get if you are OK with the workflow.

• edited November 2018

I didn’t realize I needed Phasemaker because I got KQ Dixie first and I’m happy with its sound. However, I’m not spending much time with Dixie because I do most of my synth exploration on my phone the UI is a PITA to navigate in that size.

Enter my favorite Black Friday surprise: phasemaker! Besides the fantastic macros, the process of navigating the whole synth even on a tiny screen is so smooth that I see this getting play for me every day. The icing on the whole cake is the extra goodies like all the oscillator shapes, the fuzz, the generative patches, etc. Oh my...

My only problem: the more brambos I use the less I enjoy most non brambos apps. 🤭

Some things end up the way they should be:

• edited November 2018

So I’ve bought all of the AD universal apps that I didn’t already have, Lorentz, Laplace, ivcs3, Mood, Reslice, Ripplemaker, Kosmonaut (even though not reduced!).

Think that’s about it.

Oh, and Syntronik.

I’d already bought SL, Samplist and Poisin recently. It’s been an expensive month!

• Kinda funny being an app-o-holic. This Black Friday I've hardly purchased anything.
    So far 2 IAPs for Korg Electribe Wave and later I might get KB-1...

Maybe some new apps will drop on Cyber Monday but we don't know that yet :D

• edited November 2018

Just bought an iPad and I'm looking to buy some essential apps while they are on sale. Currently my list is

Audioshare
    One of Cubasis/Auria Pro (Can't decide which lol)
    Borderlands Granular
    Elastic FX
    Fugue Machine
    GlitchBreaks
    KRFT
    Quanta
    Moog Filtatron
    Samplr
    Sector
    Zeeon

The thing I'd like most is a standout reverb plugin (not fabfilter pro-r because I want to buy a few apps at once).

I'm very keen on apps that have cool user interfaces like Borderlands/Sector/Samplr. I'm aware of Aphelian but that isn't out yet.

Just to confirm - is there any particular reason why I'd need AUM/Audiobus 3 if I'm willing to use Cubasis as a way to interconnect my apps?

Thanks in advance. I know my post is long winded but I want to get my purchases in before Monday lol!

• edited November 2018

@mukiw said:
    Just bought an iPad and I'm looking to buy some essential apps while they are on sale. Currently my list is

Audioshare
    One of Cubasis/Auria Pro (Can't decide which lol)
    Borderlands Granular
    Elastic FX
    Fugue Machine
    GlitchBreaks
    Impaktor
    KRFT
    Master Record
    Modstep
    Quanta
    Moog Filtatron
    Samplr
    Sector
    Zeeon

The thing I'd like most is a standout reverb plugin (not fabfilter pro-r because I want to buy a few apps at once).

I'm very keen on apps that have cool user interfaces like Borderlands/Sector/Samplr. I'm aware of Aphelian but that isn't out yet.

Just to confirm - is there any particular reason why I'd need AUM/Audiobus 3 if I'm willing to use Cubasis as a way to interconnect my apps?

Thanks in advance. I know my post is long winded but I want to get my purchases in before Monday lol!

Audiodamage effects are all on sale and are amazing.

Adverb 2 for instance. I had some already but at 2.99 a throw I bought all of them this weekend.

AudioReverb by virsyn is great too and I think on offer.

• @mukiw I second the AudioDamage recommendation, their EOS2 reverb is quality and Discord4 gives some nice depth as well. For strange interface check out their Axon drum machine.

Elastic FX sounded bad to me, I’d find something better.

For granular I’d recommend SpaceCraft over the others but they all have their own flavour.

• I got Turnado as a great multiFX but it crashes every time under AUM if You want to look for list of presets of the single FX - rest of the app is great :)

• @gregsmith @1nsomniak Thanks. I listened to the EOS2 and that pretty much does exactly what I want.

Any additions to my list in regards to the crazy interface request I had (similar to sector/samplr etc)?? Cheers.

• @mukiw said:
    @gregsmith @1nsomniak Thanks. I listened to the EOS2 and that pretty much does exactly what I want.

Any additions to my list in regards to the crazy interface request I had (similar to sector/samplr etc)?? Cheers.

The only essential app is Audioshare. Can’t do shit without that one.

It’s a lot to get all at once, that list.

I’d encourage you to go for just a few good things. The absolute best, most exciting stuff that you want the most and that connects with you, personally. Learn them well. Then, when you’re getting confident, look around for just one new thing at a time, and do the same thing. Rinse and repeat. This panic-buying frenzy gets everybody stirred up.

I’m a massive hypocrite of course. A voice of reason, chained to a moron.

As for your crazy interface request, I’d say TC-11 and TC-Data tick that box. Lemur too. They can be intimidating apps.

Samplr is amazing.

I love the Patterning interface.

Just... Be careful.

• @MAtrixplan said:
    I got Turnado as a great multiFX but it crashes every time under AUM if You want to look for list of presets of the single FX - rest of the app is great :)

Ummm, is the app stable? In ApeMatrix, ModStep? I’m wanting to pick this up but ...

• @kinkujin said:

@MAtrixplan said:
    I got Turnado as a great multiFX but it crashes every time under AUM if You want to look for list of presets of the single FX - rest of the app is great :)

Ummm, is the app stable? In ApeMatrix, ModStep? I’m wanting to pick this up but ...

Works like a dream for me, possibly my favourite fx.

Probably needs a reboot after installing.

• @MonzoPro said:

@kinkujin said:

@MAtrixplan said:

Works like a dream for me, possibly my favourite fx.

Probably needs a reboot after installing.

Thanks Monzo. I’m going to pick it up .... been waiting for the sale.

• @tomato_juice

Cheers. To be honest I'm the kind of person that likes to learn daunting apps so I'll be ok lol.

• @MAtrixplan said:

I’ve never had a crash and I use it in AUM all the time. You might want to have a chat with SugarBytes and see if they can troubleshoot with you.

• What i got yesterday:

RE-1 Tape Machine - cool tape echo/looper thing, though i hoped for more
    (i would love to have imitation of more advanced tape stuff so you can apply more Musique Concrete techniques described here - http://designingsound.org/2016/07/20/michel-chions-analog-tape-techniques/ )

BitWiz Audio Synth - great lo-fi noise making app, with script language

StepSequencer ST-S01 - impulse purchase from me, ah. Basic sequencer in style of classic analog stepseqs. Would be nice for Berlin School patterns. Includes ratcheting as well. I should try sequence my Dark Energy Doepfer with it or smth.

..still can't make myself get Model 15 :( Even during sale, i hesitate. Sound, you say? I witnessed dawn of ios synth from 2009 or smth, so that's not most important thing for me (though looks like it sounds better than Ripplemaker, for example, subjectively). Functionality? EXCUSE ME, but after tasting Audulus 2 (cant buy Audulus 3 as i'm ios 10 only).. or even my favorite app of all time (Jasuto).. i need some stuff from modular/semi-modular, which i don't see in Model 15. I also fear it would have similar "problem" as iVCS3 (which i got though, cause i really love Synthi, hahahaha) - when you wish you could have all those panels at same time at big size, which you cant (at least on 9.7" ipad). So, even now, i still dont get it. Which is weird, as Animoog and Filtatron were day 1 purchases or smth. And i got stuff like TC-11 for full price back in days. And i love Korg iMS-20. etc etc. But every time i look at model 15, it tells me "not worth it".

Speaking of "i'm stuck on ios10 for a while", too bad i cant get new electribe and Rozeta Suite either, heh.