Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Best flexible sequencer for ios

I'm playing live - keyboards with ios synths, and I would like to add sequencer with song mode to launch there some beats, basses, and additional synths/fxs.
Best would be with easy accesible ( midi mappable? ) song mode. Is there anything like this?

Comments

• Modstep....if used purely as a sequencer. Many would not agree though ;)

• @MAtrixplan said:
    I'm playing live - keyboards with ios synths, and I would like to add sequencer with song mode to launch there some beats, basses, and additional synths/fxs.
    Best would be with easy accesible ( midi mappable? ) song mode. Is there anything like this?

It depends how you work. I’d choose Patterning 2 for this (most intuitive UI for me) but be aware that you’d have to sequence parts with the Patterning interface, rather than entering notes with a keyboard or importing MIDI loops. Not sure how modstep handles midi mapping but that’s worth a look too.

• @tomato_juice said:

@MAtrixplan said:

It depends how you work. I’d choose Patterning 2 for this (most intuitive UI for me) but be aware that you’d have to sequence parts with the Patterning interface, rather than entering notes with a keyboard or importing MIDI loops. Not sure how modstep handles midi mapping but that’s worth a look too.

Isn't P2 only a drum machine? Modstep is ok, but is changing scenes mappable there?

• @MAtrixplan said:

@tomato_juice said:

@MAtrixplan said:

Isn't P2 only a drum machine? Modstep is ok, but is changing scenes mappable there?

It does 8 channels of monophonic MIDI with a full range of CCs per step. Probability etc. You can randomise velocities and fine tuning just a little bit to ‘humanise’ your patterns. I find it great for melodic stuff but like I say, you’re bound to the interface and drawing notes in, rather than playing them on a keyboard.

I might just agree with @AndyPlankton that modstep takes the most flexible sequencer crown, but I don’t know about remote triggering loops. Patterning suits me better, so I thought I’d put it out there as an option for what you want to do.

• @MAtrixplan
    Are you sure you want a song mode rather than patterns that can be triggered live via MIDI?

• @rs2000 said:
    @MAtrixplan
    Are you sure you want a song mode rather than patterns that can be triggered live via MIDI?

Yeah, song contains few instruments with few different patterns - as I said on the beginning I want to launch extra synths, beats and drums

• Modstep - via midi learn - will let you trigger individual patterns, or whole scenes....and scenes can be set to infinitely loop or loop a certain number of times before moving onto the next (song mode)

• Genome Midi is another option.

• It sounds to me like you'd need a combo of Keystage + Sequencer.

• @hellquist said:
    It sounds to me like you'd need a combo of Keystage + Sequencer.

Does keystage conects also apps? Not only hardware synths?

• edited November 2018

@MAtrixplan said:

@hellquist said:
    It sounds to me like you'd need a combo of Keystage + Sequencer.

Does keystage conects also apps? Not only hardware synths?

To my understanding it is an app to control the programs, banks and presets of other apps, to be used during a performance. It keeps track of "intro", "verse", "chorus", "outro" etc (whatever you call your song sections) and what instruments should have what sound for that section etc.
    Do note I'm saying this based on watching youtube clips of it, I don't own it myself, but it looks like a great piece of software. I'm just not in the "playing live" situation so for me it'd be overkill.

• edited November 2018

For now, Modstep.
    While Xequence will get a proper live mode, if it's good, I'd say Xequence.

• GarageBand has live loops too

• edited November 2018

Re Modstep...song mode might not be super obvious at first glance. Basically, default for scenes is infinite. To make it play in semi linear fashion, long press the scene and specify repeats. Definitely midi mappable, I run scenes mapped to a midi Footswitch

For live of course, you want serious stability. I find it quite stable with AUs. Had initial trouble with Iaa though I was able to replicate all those issues independently of Modstep. Sequencing hardware has been easy peasy. And overall it doesn’t give you a cpu readout so know your apps and keep it reasonable.