Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Outta Bass iOS App. from FSRS apps

Comments

• @RedSkyLullaby said:
    Amazing App. Here’s my AppJam with it

Nice. What are you triggering the new bass app with?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Can you modulate the parameters in AUM, ApeMatrix ?

It has a huge list of parameter CCs. I haven’t tried them yet, though.

• edited November 2018

@MonzoPro said:

@RedSkyLullaby said:

My left index finger

• edited November 2018

I imagine all these are exposed in AUM, Stagelight (when it hosts IAA, or this app goes AUv3)

• @RedSkyLullaby said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RedSkyLullaby said:

My left index finger

Ah right, is it AU?

• This thing is crash central in a host right now. And you have you do the 'open the app before you load it in host' thing to get it to work in the first place. It's pretty cool, but after my third crash in about 10 minutes, I figure I'll wait for an update.

• I will add that I really like the drag and drop menu function. Never seen it used quite like this. Definitely breaks the monotony of swiping or switching pages.

• I was the of the lucky few to get a voucher code for it - I’m really impressed with it!

The delay modulation effects are really wild, when you start digging into them.

The drag and drop is awesome, especially being able to expand many modules out to fill all three slots (I’m intrigued to see it on a 12 inch Pro - apparently you can have up to 7 module slots showing at once!).

Had a few questions for the dev, and he got back to me super quick, which bodes well for future development

• Ok I’m confused. I go to settings page and there is no toggle for background audio? Where is it?

• @Chaztrip said:
    Ok I’m confused. I go to settings page and there is no toggle for background audio? Where is it?

MIDI panel > Settings tab. At the bottom.

• @anickt said:

@Chaztrip said:
    Ok I’m confused. I go to settings page and there is no toggle for background audio? Where is it?

MIDI panel > Settings tab. At the bottom.

Thank you.

• Is no one else having super crashing problems when loaded into AUM or apeMatrix?

• @oat_phipps said:
    Is no one else having super crashing problems when loaded into AUM or apeMatrix?

Yes mine crashes all the time. Even in Stand alone.

• edited November 2018

@oat_phipps said:
    Is no one else having super crashing problems when loaded into AUM or apeMatrix?

After re-loading I can get it to open in AUM, but despite having background audio checked etc not getting any sound out of it.... :(

Works fine for me in Audiobus :)

• edited November 2018

Don't be put off by the interface. After spending 30 minutes in it, I've found that it's more efficient than most ..one of the quickest iOS synths to program amazings sounds. Best sounding bass-centric synth on iOS, imo

• I love it!

• Hello everyone!

I'm the developer of Outta Bass so I though I should come out from the shadows and introduce myself and give everyone a chance to ask me questions and work though any issues.

I started this app over a year ago, and set out to create something that was all for the touchscreen (glass and light and movement) - ie if the synth was invented today, how would it be implemented on todays technology? After a year though you begin to wonder if it is the right thing to do, reinventing the wheel. So its been relief to see it being used the way it was intended - eg play the entire instrument, not just notes.
    Plus I have a weakness for distorted bass.

so first cab off the rank:

@oat_phipps said:

OK this is a concern.

• @FSR Will Ableton Link be implemented?

• edited November 2018

@FSR said:
    Hello everyone!

I'm the developer of Outta Bass so I though I should come out from the shadows and introduce myself and give everyone a chance to ask me questions and work though any issues.

I started this app over a year ago, and set out to create something that was all for the touchscreen (glass and light and movement) - ie if the synth was invented today, how would it be implemented on todays technology? After a year though you begin to wonder if it is the right thing to do, reinventing the wheel. So its been relief to see it being used the way it was intended - eg play the entire instrument, not just notes.
    Plus I have a weakness for distorted bass.

so first cab off the rank:

@oat_phipps said:

OK this is a concern.

Have been using it for a while in AUM. No issues. Air 1 latest iOS. Love it!

• @FSR

If it helps, I've always used it with an external MIDI keyboard. Dunno if that could cause problems.

Also had the 'no sound' problem others mentioned if I don't open the app first before loading into AUM.

Hope you can get it sorted out soon, really enjoyed my snippets with it so far!

• Welcome @FSR. Congrats on the app and thanks for coming by :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Welcome @FSR. Congrats on the app and thanks for coming by :)

You forgot to direct @FSR to the punch and cookies... :D

• @anickt said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Welcome @FSR. Congrats on the app and thanks for coming by :)

You forgot to direct @FSR to the punch and cookies... :D

True, there may be the odd ill-mannered punch, but the cookies are always in greater profusion and most smart devs end up getting far more than they give if their skin is thick and their ears are open :)

• edited November 2018

BPM needs a numerical entry current method is painfully slow.

• @RJB said:
    @FSR Will Ableton Link be implemented?

My plans are to stabilise what I have with whats left of this year and plan for the next major release in late summer (southern hemisphere) - so roughly Feb? It would include AUv3 too.

@anickt said:
    Have been using it for a while in AUM. No issues. Air 1 latest iOS. Love it!

The brief testing today with AUM showed that while it has a few quirks launching, its not crashing.
    I'm also on an iPad Air1 IOS11. I'll update to 12 and see if that makes any difference.

for anyone crashing with AUM could you message me with some details of your environment? ie iPad model / iOS version / hardware attached etc.

@hacked_to_pieces said:
    BPM need a numerical entry current method is painfully slow.

ha ha, you should have seen what it was like a week ago...
    what i'm trying to avoid is popping up keyboard that hides part of the app and potentially stutters the audio, something you can change while playing live without fear of glitching.
    I think I need a new sort of control that can support coarse adjustments.

time for some of that punch now I think.
    cheers
    F.

• Another question maybe I missed. Is there a latch or hold button feature. This is useful when playing at times. Great sounding app though!!!

• @FSR

I tried to private message you, but the forum wouldn't find your username for some reason.

Anyway, the app crashes in AUM and ApeMatrix like clockwork after about 5 minutes. Plus, it has to be pre-opened for it to load in either app.

I have a MIDI keyboard attached, 10.5" Pro on iOS 12.1.

Thanks

• Didn't hear any proper low end . Sounds buzzy and harsh without depth like a very early VST - stock in Cubase pre 5! I'

• Yeah, I just deleted and got a refund. Maybe I'll repurchase in the future if things get sorted out.

• OK, I've got a version awaiting review with Apple for beta testing which should have fixed up the worst issues relating to no sound with IAA, failure to complete launching from AUM / Audiobus and a potential audio engine crash root cause. They all stemmed from the same thing.

So if anyone has the time and wants to test let me know you test flight email: https://outtabass.app

cheers,
    F.