Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Contrast 4 Dummies: Reverb

EO2 vs Adverb2 vs AudioVerb vs Kleverb

Wtf is the difference dude?lol. Seriously. Besides price are we talking per instrument reverb vs send or is this one better than that one for Synth or voice versus you get where I’m going...wtf is the difference dude?

Comments

• Adverb is an 80s Plate reverb type. So it seems a little particular in its intended use, I suppose. EOS2 is kind of more ‘pro studio’ type, so better if you want nice quality, to use it on a master buss, etc.

I don’t have the other 2.

• @CracklePot said:
    Adverb is an 80s Plate reverb type. So it seems a little particular in its intended use, I suppose. EOS2 is kind of more ‘pro studio’ type, so better if you want nice quality, to use it on a master buss, etc.

Thanks.👌🏾 Just got AudioVerb...it’s cool I guess. Then I happen past @jakoB_haQ Kleverb video. Face plant. Wondering if I should get a refund or perhaps there’s a specific usage case.

• @WillieNegus said:

@CracklePot said:
    Adverb is an 80s Plate reverb type. So it seems a little particular in its intended use, I suppose. EOS2 is kind of more ‘pro studio’ type, so better if you want nice quality, to use it on a master buss, etc.

Thanks.👌🏾 Just got AudioVerb...it’s cool I guess. Then I happen past @jakoB_haQ Kleverb video. Face plant. Wondering if I should get a refund or perhaps there’s a specific usage case.

All of these reverbs have their own character. So, whether there is a specific use case probably depends on how you use reverb and your preferences.

If you use reverb sometimes for colors rather than realistic reverb, I imagine that both would have their uses over time.

I'd also be hesitant to over-use the refund request thing -- refund requests are generally supposed to be for apps that don't work.

• @WillieNegus Just use two of them together and you’ve got your own flavor of reverb!

• @mjcouche said:
    @WillieNegus Just use two of them together and you’ve got your own flavor of reverb!

Side note: I just picked up AudioReverb myself, with having purchased all of the others in the past.

• @espiegel123 said:

@WillieNegus said:

@CracklePot said:

All of these reverbs have their own character. So, whether there is a specific use case probably depends on how you use reverb and your preferences.

If you use reverb sometimes for colors rather than realistic reverb, I imagine that both would have their uses over time.

I'd also be hesitant to over-use the refund request thing -- refund requests are generally supposed to be for apps that don't work.

Right. Different flavors for different situations. I can’t go wrong for these prices.

• It comes down to personal taste but some reverbs here have more controllable parameters than others, slightly different character as well. I find EOS2 has a bit of a metallic sound which can work well with some things but I generally don't like the sound while Kleverb has a compressor built in with ducking and a really useful filter and I do think the sound is very usable across a variety of genres.

• @sysexual said:
    It comes down to personal taste but some reverbs here have more controllable parameters than others, slightly different character as well. I find EOS2 has a bit of a metallic sound which can work well with some things but I generally don't like the sound while Kleverb has a compressor built in with ducking and a really useful filter and I do think the sound is very usable across a variety of genres.

Thanks....Do you have any of the others?

• Just to add to the confusion, I just picked up GliderVerb. Looking at Reverb FDN, too.
    AltiSpace is another one that is on sale right now.

• @CracklePot said:
    Just to add to the confusion, I just picked up GliderVerb. Looking at Reverb FDN, too.

Damn you!

• @WillieNegus said:

@CracklePot said:
    Just to add to the confusion, I just picked up GliderVerb. Looking at Reverb FDN, too.

Damn you!

:D B)

• @WillieNegus said:

@sysexual said:
    It comes down to personal taste but some reverbs here have more controllable parameters than others, slightly different character as well. I find EOS2 has a bit of a metallic sound which can work well with some things but I generally don't like the sound while Kleverb has a compressor built in with ducking and a really useful filter and I do think the sound is very usable across a variety of genres.

Thanks....Do you have any of the others?

All except the virsyn one as i don't like virsyn apps. For me Kleverb was a revelation in ios reverb. To my ears it is far and away the best on the platform. Klevgrand did a superior job.

• That said alot of people, not anyone here in particular don't have an understanding of what is happening with tweaking reverb params, of recommend watching a general reverb tutorial on YouTube to know what makes a quality reverb although it still remains a subjective topic.

• @CracklePot said:
    Just to add to the confusion, I just picked up GliderVerb.

I think this one is more of a weird special effect than a realistic reverb right? Noticed I have it but wasnt sure how best to use it or why I have it.

• @1nsomniak said:

@CracklePot said:
    Just to add to the confusion, I just picked up GliderVerb.

I think this one is more of a weird special effect than a realistic reverb right? Noticed I have it but wasnt sure how best to use it or why I have it.

Yeah, it is pretty weird.
    I had it for a long time. It was free, with an IAP to unlock it. It was pretty cheap, so I bought it. It is pretty fun, but is a more ‘obvious’ sounding reverb.

• GliderVerb changes the size of the room to morph between several reverb outputs over time. Magic!

That's just a clever take on what can be done with software, right? All those Amazing Noises app are like a "new take" on a traditional Studio FX unit. I just love 'em. DubFilter mixes an echo unit with Filtering and all the settings get LFO'ed knobs tweaks.

Bram Bos Kozmonaut has a similar take on a Delay unit that becomes so much more than just delays.

Then there's Moebius Lab or Turnado which give you a rack of gear to configure and amaze.

It's all so much fun.

But AUM with several AUv3 FX in a channel and some LFO's on AU Parameter tweaking can do similar magic to a synth input.

AudioReverb wins (by the way) for me in that list of great reverbs. Grab it while it's discounted.

• @McDtracy said:
    GliderVerb changes the size of the room to morph between several reverb outputs over time. Magic!

That's just a clever take on what can be done with software, right? All those Amazing Noises app are like a "new take" on a traditional Studio FX unit. I just love 'em. DubFilter mixes an echo unit with Filtering and all the settings get LFO'ed knobs tweaks.

Bram Bos Kozmonaut has a similar take on a Delay unit that becomes so much more than just delays.

Then there's Moebius Lab or Turnado which give you a rack of gear to configure and amaze.

It's all so much fun.

But AUM with several AUv3 FX in a channel and some LFO's on AU Parameter tweaking can do similar magic to a synth input.

AudioReverb wins (by the way) for me in that list of great reverbs. Grab it while it's discounted.

I must say I’m happy with AudioReverb so far.👌🏾