Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

If you have any interest in Modular on iOS get Audulus (sale)

$10 for the holiday. Worth it. If you need help the forum is active and helpful and they have lots of presets you can load.

Comments

• Isn’t the new one just around the corner? A new app, not an update?

• I’m afraid Audulus will be extremely time consuming to get into it, isn’t it?
    I know I will never go the modular way in Hardware because of the huge amount of money I need to spend for it. But a software to experiment with modular stuff looks interesting for me...

But my spare time is limited... 😎

• I had the original version, and I'm afraid I never really got into it. The dev was really helpful though.

To clarify: is it AUv3 yet?

• No, but I don't know if you could, or would want to run too many really complicated patches (despite it being CPU friendly). Depending on how you patch you can get drums and several voices out of one patch, with FX.

• Audulus is an amazing environment and does have a substantial learning curve. It isn't for everyone. And, it is way more than a modular synth -- I'd say it is more akin to MAX or Reaktor than a Moog. It is geared towards deep-hacking.

@chandroji said:
    I’m afraid Audulus will be extremely time consuming to get into it, isn’t it?
    I know I will never go the modular way in Hardware because of the huge amount of money I need to spend for it. But a software to experiment with modular stuff looks interesting for me...

• Not AU as yet. It’s meant to be added at some point.

• Does Audulus have a randomization button or any other help for creating patches? Because I would like to try it but have no clue how to operate modular synths.

• Ableton Link?

• edited November 2018

@chandroji said:

That really depends on how much you know about synthesis.
    If you can draw and connect the blocks required to build a synth or effect on paper, it won't take you much time to draw it in Audulus.
    It's not as difficult as I often hear, just dive into it and start editing a pre-made patch.
    I rarely spend more than half an hour when I have a new idea.

• @Calverhall said:
    Ableton Link?

zMors Modular does Ableton Link. On sale too atm.

• This stuff is WAY above my head... tempting but throwing pearls before swines in my case ;)

• @rs2000 said:

@Calverhall said:
    Ableton Link?

And AU I think. I'm also thinking about buying one of these. Bram also has one of course. Maybe that one's a bit easier to start with...

• Is zMors Modular an AU Plugin or can it host AU plugins?

• @david_2017 said:
    Is zMors Modular an AU Plugin or can it host AU plugins?

it can host AUs

• @david_2017 said:
    Is zMors Modular an AU Plugin or can it host AU plugins?

It can only act as an IAA synth or effect. It can host AUv3 though.
    I've been in touch with the dev this spring and I remember him being not too excited about making it an AUv3 plugin.

The Audulus dev has Audulus V3 ready as an AUv3, he's just trying to fix a few issues in certain DAWs/hosts before release. From what he wrote I would say it will be a feature added to Audulus 3 soon.

I wouldn't mind if he already released it as-is, even if it doesn't work correctly in all hosts.

• @rthr said:

@rs2000 said:

@Calverhall said:
    Ableton Link?

And AU I think. I'm also thinking about buying one of these. Bram also has one of course. Maybe that one's a bit easier to start with...

If you want a real easy (and cheap) one to start with, try S-Modular by designbypaul. It has no real manual or explanation and the connectivity is pretty limited, but it has everything you need on one simple page and makes patching fairly easy.

Ripplemaker is more like a West Coast, Buchla flavored modular which deviates from the more "conventional" East Coast, Moog synthesizers which Model 15 represents.

There even is one completely free modular synth on the App Store, though it lacks any connectivity whatsover. "Klankwelle" it is called.

• Audulus is another universe.

For me, it's beyond modular thing. It is soo deep....I love because is one step further about traditional modular point of view.

There is more same distance from modular to Audulus than BeBot to modular

You choose

• Audulus is completely mad. I’ve never actually used it for anything, but I do like to look at it occasionally. It’s like a really complicated sum.

• @rs2000 said:

@chandroji said:

That really depends on how much you know about synthesis.
    If you can draw and connect the blocks required to build a synth or effect on paper, it won't take you much time to draw it in Audulus.
    It's not as difficult as I often hear, just dive into it and start editing a pre-made patch.
    I rarely spend more than half an hour when I have a new idea.

Thanks a lot for your feedback @rs2000 ! 😊
    I was close to trigger the Buy-Button but I remembered my experience with NI Reaktor. I think I’m not a developer, just a simple user...

@david_2017 said:
    This stuff is WAY above my head... tempting but throwing pearls before swines in my case ;)

I think I’m with @david_2017 😎
    Better I spend my time with all the other amazing IOS apps I own already! 🎶

Have a lot of fun with Audulus @rs2000 ! 👍