Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

riffer vs steppolyarp

Due to spending a lot on all these sales, I still want one of these two, I want both, but should only get one cuz I've beem on a spending spree lol..

I want to create some down tempo pad, bass and lead patterns but it's hard to decide which way to go here, they both look awesome, would like some random generation as well as programmable stuff....

Help me choose ! 😂

Comments

• SPA for the win, if you’re trying to make multiple pattern chains for songs easily. But they are pretty different.

• @reasOne said:
    Due to spending a lot on all these sales, I still want one of these two, I want both, but should only get one cuz I've beem on a spending spree lol..

I want to create some down tempo pad, bass and lead patterns but it's hard to decide which way to go here, they both look awesome, would like some random generation as well as programmable stuff....

Help me choose ! 😂

They're both good at different things.

The strength of StepPolyArp for me is that it can be triggered via a keyboard - so you can have a bunch of synths, all triggered by SPA sequences or arp's, and change key just by pressing a note on the keyboard. Latch the keyboard to all your SPA instances and all your synths stay in key.

Riffer, as the name suggests, is very good at creating usable little sequences, or riffs. The random factor seems to generate better results than the randomiser in SPA, and the interface is a bit more fun for jamming.

I use one or the other, dependig on the project requirements.

• @ALB said:
    SPA for the win, if you’re trying to make multiple pattern chains for songs easily. But they are pretty different.

I deff want to do that

• @MonzoPro said:

@reasOne said:

Help me choose ! 😂

The strength of StepPolyArp for me is that it can be triggered via a keyboard - so you can have a bunch of synths, all triggered by SPA sequences or arp's, and change key just by pressing a note on the keyboard. Latch the keyboard to all your SPA instances and all your synths stay in key.

Riffer, as the name suggests, is very good at creating usable little sequences, or riffs. The random factor seems to generate better results than the randomiser in SPA, and the interface is a bit more fun for jamming.

Good word.... How long can your sequences be in riffer ?

• Is Riffer in sale too?

• @reasOne said:

@MonzoPro said:

@reasOne said:

Help me choose ! 😂

64 steps I think. One thing against it is the controls are far too small, impossible to see on the iPhone version when I just checked. Results are really good though.

• I'm not sure but it's like 6.99 right now I think > @david_2017 said:

Is Riffer in sale too?

• I'm not sure but it's like 6.99 right now I think > @david_2017 said:

Is Riffer in sale too?

• @MonzoPro said:

@reasOne said:

@MonzoPro said:

@reasOne said:

Help me choose ! 😂

64 steps I think. One thing against it is the controls are far too small, impossible to see on the iPhone version when I just checked. Results are really good though.

Man I just can't decide lol...
    But I'll use it a lot more on iPad than iPhone

• I don't think SPA is going on black Friday sale tho 😬😡

• @reasOne said:
    I don't think SPA is going on black Friday sale tho 😬😡

I have both, but I honestly think that SPA is the more useful app just in generating finished progressions with 16 per preset that can be easily chained/sequenced. Meaning that you could actually make songs without much difficulty. Riffer is the more capable app for jamming and generative stuff.

• @reasOne said:

But, it’s only Thursday where I am.

My 2¢, SPA is better if you kinda know what you are going for and want to set it up.
    Riffer is better if you want good auto sequencing that can evolve on its own, or not.

• @ALB said:

@reasOne said:

I have both, but I honestly think that SPA is the more useful app just in generating finished progressions with 16 per preset that can be easily chained/sequenced. Meaning that you could actually make songs without much difficulty. Riffer is the more capable app for jamming and generative stuff.

@CracklePot said:

@reasOne said:

My 2¢, SPA is better if you kinda know what you are going for and want to set it up.
    Riffer is better if you want good auto sequencing that can evolve on its own, or not.

You guys just sold me on SPA!
    And it's Thursday here as well so maybe I should wait n see... But I'm getting anxious cuz it's my last day off today!

• @reasOne said:

@ALB said:

@reasOne said:

@CracklePot said:

@reasOne said:

And it's Thursday here as well so maybe I should wait n see... But I'm getting anxious cuz it's my last day off today!

I disagree with their assessments, I don’t think one is better than the other - as they both excel in different ways.

SPA has more features, but I find Riffer produces more musical results. Really depends on what you’re looking for.

• @MonzoPro said:

@reasOne said:

@ALB said:

@reasOne said:

@CracklePot said:

@reasOne said:

I disagree with their assessments, I don’t think one is better than the other - as they both excel in different ways.

SPA has more features, but I find Riffer produces more musical results. Really depends on what you’re looking for.

Isn’t that what I just said?
    Maybe I should have said ‘better suited for’?

• Me, having been away for just about a year, and now coming back into it all, have been well confused with the difference between SPA (which I had to the old one, one of my most used apps, so figured I kind of know it) and the new kids on the block like Riffer and Autony. Also, I'm not sure on what they can do melody wise that SPA (as I remember it) can't do. Or Quantum for that matter. Apart from being AU of course.

Have the same conundrum regarding QuantiChord vs Scalebud vs Rozeta Scaler vs Midiflow-thingy (which I've noticed ONLY runs under AB, and not as I thought, under all AU midi enabled hosts). Having good fun exploring though. :)

• @MonzoPro @CracklePot @hellquist
    I deff see that one isn't better than the other as far as apps, but I am looking for one to lay out full songs with and get a little complicated, but I'm not sure that either one is going to excel in that other than SPA may give more ability to change longer patterns on the fly... Looks like we just need em both and all 😂😂😂

• @hellquist said:
    Me, having been away for just about a year, and now coming back into it all, have been well confused with the difference between SPA (which I had to the old one, one of my most used apps, so figured I kind of know it) and the new kids on the block like Riffer and Autony. Also, I'm not sure on what they can do melody wise that SPA (as I remember it) can't do. Or Quantum for that matter. Apart from being AU of course.

Have the same conundrum regarding QuantiChord vs Scalebud vs Rozeta Scaler vs Midiflow-thingy (which I've noticed ONLY runs under AB, and not as I thought, under all AU midi enabled hosts). Having good fun exploring though. :)

That's what I'm wondering, if one can do something that much better than the other, I feel over whelmed with apps so I'd like to just get one and use it a while you know

• @CracklePot said:

@MonzoPro said:

@reasOne said:

@ALB said:

@reasOne said:

@CracklePot said:

@reasOne said:

Isn’t that what I just said?
    Maybe I should have said ‘better suited for’?

No my bad,I didn’t read your second sentence. It’s been a long day!

• Hoping it goes on sale at midnight 😂 still waiting...