Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

StageLight 4 for iOS Tutorial - Deep Editing & Programming the Drum Machine

You can do some really deep editing and automation with the Drum Machine in StageLight

Comments

• Nice! Looks like SL will finally do the trick for me. I wish AUv3 drums had evolved faster. But ‘twasn’t meant to be.

• @realdawei Yes, I keep being amazed at the the things it can do

• Some unwarranted negative comments on YouTube. This is a great app and thanks to Doug, I’m finding my way around it. ,

• @Telstar5 Yes, you do get the strange comments on YouTube😂, I think many of them are from people who don’t really know what it is, they don’t realise it’s been around for a long time and already has a huge user base across all platforms, in itself a remarkable achievement

• @thesoundtestroom : Also though this app is just now getting a sampler which is surprising being that it’s been around so long. But they’ve never encountered a community like this I don’t think and dare I say that AF has perhaps indeed encouraged them to kick it up a notch? At the moment you’re pretty much the sole source of getting around on this thing and we all appreciate it. I think it’s gonna supplant Gadget, at least for me. And it’ll be a good while until NS2 arrives fully formed w audio tracks etc. I think this is the one. Also I have no idea how you find your way around all these apps so quickly. Best to you in the upcoming year.

• Many of the color choices are a liability, but the workflow more than makes up for it.

• @realdawei said:
    Many of the color choices are a liability, but the workflow more than makes up for it.

Yeah, I bet you anything they’ll completely redesign the GUI on SL 5 . They’ve already done it once in SL3.

• I've run into problems trying to automate additional parameters, say adding reverb on a specific snare hit. It allows me to add the additional parameter (including au parameters) but when I go to automate, there's no "graph" per step and trying to use the paint tool crashes the app every time. Any ideas?