Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New iPad Pro Sample Rate Problems.

2»

Comments

• @YZJustDatGuy said:

@stormbeats said:

@nerVe said:
    It's not so much a problem with Apple...
    It's developers not coding their IAA's and AUv3's to lock to the host app rates. You can read about it here: http://lijon.github.io/iaa_sample_rates.html

I have been having this problem since day one but in the other direction 96khz. So, I'm glad Apple is forcing hand on it...looks like we finally got a pro piece of hardware...it will get solved but developers will have to update their apps...for Flexible sample rate!

Ok cool i may have misread the earlier posts and was thinking the new Pro does not playback any 44.1khz files through the internal speakers

Yea that’s super false. Just went through a bunch of samples in AudioShare. Perfectly fine

Cool dude cheers for info

• Are there specific apps that you notice are causing this problem? Tera Synth and Syntronik have been mentioned. Any others?

• edited November 2018

@Slam_Cut said:
    Are there specific apps that you notice are causing this problem? Tera Synth and Syntronik have been mentioned. Any others?

You can bet it's all apps by any said developer of an app....and it's not just synths...effects too...

• @Ryan_IK @ikmultimedia
    Are you working on a fix to Syntronik so that I can run the auv3 plugin at the host sample rate? I'm using BM3 latest version.

• @nerVe said:

@Slam_Cut said:
    Are there specific apps that you notice are causing this problem? Tera Synth and Syntronik have been mentioned. Any others?

You can bet it's all apps by any said developer of an app....and it's not just synths...effects too...

A lot of apps have been updated v.recently with ‘sample rate fix’, so some devs are aware of this

• iPad Pro 2018 here.
    Turning volume completely down will cause the speaker still make the sound, but super duper low...

Cracklings are now somehow gone?!? Hugh....

• This is the same thing we’ve had to deal with on iPhones with their built-in speaker/mic for many years, and we developers have had a long time to fix this locked 48k sample rate issue. I’m surprised you are having problems, honestly! I suppose if these are iPad-only apps, it could be the first time they’ve been bitten.

• @sonosaurus said:
    This is the same thing we’ve had to deal with on iPhones with their built-in speaker/mic for many years, and we developers have had a long time to fix this locked 48k sample rate issue. I’m surprised you are having problems, honestly! I suppose if these are iPad-only apps, it could be the first time they’ve been bitten.

I’ve been bitten too. A lot actually until I figured out what the problem is.

The fix I’ve tried it either passing a nil format when connecting audio engine nodes or getting the session format when it changes.

Are you doing anything else in particular?

• @sonosaurus said:
    This is the same thing we’ve had to deal with on iPhones with their built-in speaker/mic for many years, and we developers have had a long time to fix this locked 48k sample rate issue. I’m surprised you are having problems, honestly! I suppose if these are iPad-only apps, it could be the first time they’ve been bitten.

Right, back in 2015 the iPhone 6S was the first model to only support 48kHz (except if external hardware is connected). Here's what Apple posted back then, maybe this info is useful to someone:
    https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/22197

• So, just to get an end of thread summary, is the crackling issue on the new iPad Pros (2018) solved for the most part? Is it possible to change the sample rate or are apps being released that address this issue?

• edited March 2019

Hi,
    I really hope it's fixable. For me, the whole reason to get an iPad is for music making.

dafont 192.168.l.lfilehippo

• I see the 2018 Mac book pros are having audio and keyboard problems aswell. For the price you pay for Apple products it’s pretty dim to say the least. Won’t be buying anything new from Apple this year.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    I see the 2018 Mac book pros are having audio and keyboard problems aswell. For the price you pay for Apple products it’s pretty dim to say the least. Won’t be buying anything new from Apple this year.

Yup. Off the bandwagon round these parts

• Yes i notice thag Audio Share says it is converting files from 48k to any other rate you may choose and if you go under the hood and see hidden Hardware setting you will find preferred settings will turn green if you match 48k but red if you are out, and if you try to change it you get the nasty message(hardware is locked to 48k)

So it used to be peopke bitching 44.1 was not professional...my dat recordere and all pro film was 48k

So now i assume every app amd fx app ypu use must be coded. So write your app to make sure they ar not obsolete. And yes if its converting on the fly you will get a pitch change subtle but you will go bonketd!!

The korg ims20 is obsolete unkess you know how to repitch your file back to match originally

But back to the maddening truth
    I get confised wiyh audiobus as a daw
    Because it always seems that one chain part dcrews the rest of t he machine from pkayimg and recording.

So its easier to not use audiobus
    And just use q multitrack app or GarageBand a n d record there.

My new ipad air will lock many apps together without even opening audiobus just via the apps themselves and i assume core midi and audio virtual settings
    And i end up recording test to audio share or akai impc or other apps out lije to reason in

Its not midi recordijg its realtime so it makes me decide

But going back to audiobus i find it too buggy

Maybe its my fx chain
    And audiobus never locks as master properly
    Each update makes it more difficult as others have to assume updates
    Some apps are quicker to update others are MIA which pusses me off! I end up usimg ipad like a synth but not a real workstation because glitches in state saving are rolling dice

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm curious if IOS 13 will allow switching host sample rate to 44.1 kHz? All the projects on my desktop are 44 so would be nice to not have to worry about it...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.