Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to setup Rozeta in BeatMaker 3?

I’ve try everything that seems logical to me but can’t figure it for the life of me.

I simply want to play an external midi synth with Rozeta
The pad plays the synth fine, I then add a midi fx to the track with Rozeta
I can see Rozeta playing the pad but no sound...

Any kind soul to help a brother out?
Thanks in advance

Comments

• Without more details of your setup it’s hard to say for sure. But my first guess is you need to switch to keys mode on the pad that you’re trying to trigger.

• I feel like the messed up something with the midi routing with last update. It could be the way the implemented AUv3 midi.

• Hey thanks for prompt answer. I don’t think external setup matter here I can route rozeta fine to external gear in AUM my problem is to setup rozeta in BM3 with anything really, how would you set it up to trigger an au3 synth for example? Doesn’t seems to work.

• edited November 2018

@slcrz said:
    Hey thanks for prompt answer. I don’t think external setup matter here I can route rozeta fine to external gear in AUM my problem is to setup rozeta in BM3 with anything really, how would you set it up to trigger an au3 synth for example? Doesn’t seems to work.

I've just made a video but until that uploads...

Go to sampler section and load an AUv3 synth
    Then load a Rozeta midi FX in the MIDi Fx section
    Load a sequence in your rozeta eg. bassline
    hit play in bm3

it should work just like that. Check your midi preferences in BM3 settings and make sure things are powered on.

• @slcrz said:
    Hey thanks for prompt answer. I don’t think external setup matter here I can route rozeta fine to external gear in AUM my problem is to setup rozeta in BM3 with anything really, how would you set it up to trigger an au3 synth for example? Doesn’t seems to work.

Midi AU FX no longer go in pads. You insert them on a bank or pad using the new Midi FX button at the bottom-left of the screen. They only affect the pad or bank that they’re on. You can’t route the midi to other pads or banks. You also can’t record the midi to the timeline, though this is said to be coming at some point.

• That did work thanks, just have to try the same with external gear will confirm tomorrow thanks again for the help much appreciated

• I see thanks but if I can play my external gear from the pad adding a midi fx on it should affect it right

• @slcrz said:
    I see thanks but if I can play my external gear from the pad adding a midi fx on it should affect it right

This is where it doesn't work. If you choose an external synth from the MIDI routing options for that pad it will only send the pad notes, not the Rozeta ones.

You need to use RouteMIDI to send the Rozeta notes to external.

• @BroCoast said:

@slcrz said:
    I see thanks but if I can play my external gear from the pad adding a midi fx on it should affect it right

This is where it doesn't work. If you choose an external synth from the MIDI routing options for that pad it will only send the pad notes, not the Rozeta ones.

You need to use RouteMIDI to send the Rozeta notes to external.

Ok. RouteMIDI as in the midi setup from the bank rather than pad? I’m a bit confused.

• It’s a $2.99 app that will do the workaround for you.

• I see thanks all for your help.
    Hopefully BM3 will address this in a future update.

• Is it possible to use, say, insert a Rozeta XOX and have it play all the pads in a bank? I can get it playing a single pad but not the other pads.

The instructions for setting up BM3 with Rozeta are out of date and I can’t work out how to use rozeta to play a bank of samples.

As soon as you add any midifx plug-in none of the pads play back from any source. Keys mode is off. I’ve tried it both ways, makes no difference,

If you setup a rozeta plugin on pad A1, there’s no way of selecting it as a midi input in bank B (as the induction state).

BM3, as usual, is frustrating the hell out of me. I only wanted to use it for its sampler.

Might have to buy an auv3 sampler and have done with it.

BM3, your days on my iPad are numbered! Life it too short to put up with such a UX disaster.

• Forget about midi fx on BM3 (and any updates) . Just use another app and send midi to BM3 banks . And don’t spend much time on midi learn since all mappings are cleared when loading new project or replacing banks .

• @Korakios said:
    Forget about midi fx on BM3 (and any updates) . Just use another app and send midi to BM3 banks . And don’t spend much time on midi learn since all mappings are cleared when loading new project or replacing banks .

Why not just create a template project that has all your mappings?

• edited April 2019

@cian said:

@Korakios said:
    Forget about midi fx on BM3 (and any updates) . Just use another app and send midi to BM3 banks . And don’t spend much time on midi learn since all mappings are cleared when loading new project or replacing banks .

Why not just create a template project that has all your mappings?

How?

Edit: Even replacing a pad deletes any previous midi CC assignment .

• @Korakios said:

To be honest I think BM3 is not for me. It’s just a cause of frustration which is a shame because on paper it does everything.

In practice it fails at a lot of things.

Deleted.

• Hehe, reminds me of me, one year not being able to send MIDI to a AU plugin in BM3 at all.

Also, I seem to remember that the MIDI configuration got lost when you exchange the plugin.
    Cannot remember the details.

• While the features missing in Nanostudio are frustrating, I do find setting up this kind of thing way way easier. Pads in Beatmaker seemed like a really cool feature, but I could never really wrap my head around them in practice.