Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Chord Arranger

2»

Comments

• Some findings in this field alongside thanks for show me some chords builders :blush:

Xmure can load iReal pro xml

Also works as bandinabox and has real instruments. The sad part is hardware dependant for some functions (Dexibel Vivo keyboards) and not so developed since a year ago. Huge potential, few development...

Also has this:

@SpookyZoo said:

@ronaldobc said:
    Hi, which iOS apps would have the function of generating rhythmic accompaniment from a chord sequence? Ex. I play sax and I have a playlist to present (Bon Jovi, The Police, Beatles, etc) but depending on the occasion the arrangement needs to be different. Like bossa nova style, jazz, piano only, more dance, more reggae, or more rock. Would any app have that power? Thank you!

Yeah, this certainly sounds like a job for iReal Pro.

But a bit limited. The app is free afair so take a look to see if fits someone needs. I ended with Prime and backing tracks and also hardware arrangers due the lack of these in iOS.

ITOH someone could point me for any app doing this chording but show it in piano keys?
    I’m using Midiculous to see them when I play but it’s trial and error until I learn rightly how to build them (I’m attending theory course but learning slow...)
    Thanks!

• @Harro said:
    No.

Thank you. Then it can only be partially compared with Band in a Box.

• @klangsulfat said:

@Harro said:
    iReal Pro is made for this! You can use all kind of styles, songs in playlists, your own chord progressions, etc. etc. It's like Band in a Box...

Does it respond in real time to incoming chords played on a MIDI keyboard?

Not real-time. But you could export the iRealPro files as midi or xml and use those in a midi synced player for accompaniment?

Certainly ticks the boxes for styles and chord charts but maybe not everything you need in your setup?

• edited November 2018

I highly recommend Luis Martinez’s or Lumbeats iBassist. It does do Auto Chord recognition as one would do in an arranger keyboard. And when linked to your external keyboard, it works amazingly fast! It auto generated bass lines according to the chord I played on my external keyboard. But if you don’t have one, it also works with any app that sends midi out from the onscreen keyboard such as my favorite Navichord!

When you pair all this with Lumbeats Rock Drummers or his other drum apps you can have a whole virtual band rocking away in realtime!

Seriously, Luis Martinez apps are with every penny you spend on them and more!

Oh and you can also send Chord midi out data to trigger full accompanying chords from other Synths in IOS!!

Awesome!

• Okay friends, thank you. iReal Pro seems to be as close as I need to.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    I highly recommend Luis Martinez’s or Lumbeats iBassist. It does do Auto Chord recognition as one would do in an arranger keyboard. And when linked to your external keyboard, it works amazingly fast! It auto generated bass lines according to the chord I played on my external keyboard. But if you don’t have one, it also works with any app that sends midi out from the onscreen keyboard such as my favorite Navichord!

If this is the same as selecting the lowest note from any chord, you can also use StreamByter or MidiFire!

http://audeonic.boards.net/attachment/download/94

See https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/27908/streambyter-inspiration-thread-autobass-lowest-note and http://audeonic.boards.net/thread/523/lowest-chord-different-midi-channel

Not sure if StreamByter was fixed for AU MIDI yet, or if you need MidiFire instead.

• Well, a doubt about iReal Pro ... does it accept sf2 soundfonts or any way to improve the timbre of the instruments? 🤔

• edited November 2018

@ronaldobc said:
    Well, a doubt about iReal Pro ... does it accept sf2 soundfonts or any way to improve the timbre of the instruments? 🤔

If it has midi out, you could use any midi sound module type apps you have. If it exports midi, you can play it back in a sequencer and drive those midi sound module apps. Or sound module hardware.

I use ChordBot, and it also has the cheesy midi sounds built in. I have to export a midi file to Cubasis or Xequence to play it back using the sounds I prefer.

• @tja said:

@CracklePot said:

@tja said:

I just noticed, that Guide Track is from the Different Drummer developer and got it for 2 Euro as part of a bundle :)

Looks really cool. I would be interested to hear how you like it after you have a bit of time checking it out. I can get it for $5, which seems really cheap and totally worth it if it has a smart workflow and is quick to use.

I am not sure yet.
    Maybe this helps:

It looks useful and easy to use. Thanks.

• @CracklePot said:

@ronaldobc said:
    Well, a doubt about iReal Pro ... does it accept sf2 soundfonts or any way to improve the timbre of the instruments? 🤔

If it has midi out, you could use any midi sound module type apps you have. If it exports midi, you can play it back in a sequencer and drive those midi sound module apps. Or sound module hardware.

I use ChordBot, and it also has the cheesy midi sounds built in. I have to export a midi file to Cubasis or Xequence to play it back using the sounds I prefer.

Ex. iReal Pro -> bs16i??? 🤔

• Good morning.

I have seen that Casio Chordana Comoposer is on sale right now ($2.99 from $4,99).

Is this just a toy or is useful for...something?

Thanks.

• @fjcblanco said:
    Good morning.

I have seen that Casio Chordana Comoposer is on sale right now ($2.99 from $4,99).

Is this just a toy or is useful for...something?

Thanks.

Seems useful.
    Trying to analyze it compared to YouCompose, iSongwriter, etc