Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Using the effects slot of AB like a guitar pedal board?

I want to be able to use my guitar and amp, with the ipad and digital interface and AB in between, processing effects and functioning as a pedal board. Is it possible run my guitar through AB using only an app in the effects slot? It seems to me that when I tried this before it required me to use a guitar modeling app like Tonestack, Bias, and the like as the input source.

Comments

• edited November 2018

Yes, you can:
    guitar -> interface -> CCK -> iPad -> interface -> amp (presuming you can use a line out from your interface to an input off your amp). In AB3 you can select your guitar (system Audio Input) as Audio Input, then put effect-app(s) in the Effect-slot(s) and choose your System Audio Output as Output, etc.

• You can do that and select Audio Input as your input and Audio Output for the Output slot in AB.
    What app are you thinking of using?

• thanks! And with v3.2 it's now possible to use my Behringer FCB1010 to change presets within AB3?

• I use AUM like a pedal board and it works like a charm. I have audio units set up such as chorus, delay, etc set up in my signal chain and can rearrange them however i need.

I do have it coming out of Tonestack first though. Why wouldnt you want to use tonestack? It sounds great. You can use a clean tone.

My audio interface does have a direct monitor button on it and I know I could run it through that way as well if I desired. Maybe the guitar settings in tonestack arent as good as the bass amps? (i primarily use it for bass)

• Do you right from the interface output to the input on the amp? When I do that it sounds like crap. Very thin and weak.

• @Coloobar said:
    thanks! And with v3.2 it's now possible to use my Behringer FCB1010 to change presets within AB3?

Not yet but I'm working on that right now; out soon.

• @Michael said:

@Coloobar said:
    thanks! And with v3.2 it's now possible to use my Behringer FCB1010 to change presets within AB3?

Not yet but I'm working on that right now; out soon.

Whoa, that'll be a game changer for us guitarists with pedalboards for sure.