Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What are you watching? Is it good?

Comments

• About to start watching El Chapo on Netflix
    Been reading a lot on the Mexico drug wars and it is some crazy stuff to say the least
    Love true crime

• edited November 2018

Just binged S2 of The Sinner. Another twisting story this season

Can see Bill Pullman playing this enigmatic character for at least another 3 seasons.

Good stuff!

• the news, and no it's not good >:)

• Started rewatching The Killing.
    Mireille Enos...yes!

• I watched the Paul Auster-penned ‘Smoke’ last week and it was pretty great.

• Rewatching Jericho, and recently 11.22.63, which I adored.

re: Black Mirror was great...one of the best things since Twilight Zone, which I've loved ever since I was a wee tot... Also been getting into Rod Serling's Night Gallery for the first time, since hearing it was another influence on the creators of Black Mirror. Some are top notch episodes, some just so-so. Serling was dealing with a lot of interference from program managers not letting him call the shots, leading to his early exit from the show.

Oh and if you have kids or like good family movies in the vein of Escape to Witch Mountain, The Last Mimzy was excellent.

• @ZenKier said:
    Rewatching Jericho, and recently 11.22.63, which I adored.

re: Black Mirror was great...one of the best things since Twilight Zone, which I've loved ever since I was a wee tot... Also been getting into Rod Serling's Night Gallery for the first time, since hearing it was another influence on the creators of Black Mirror. Some are top notch episodes, some just so-so. Serling was dealing with a lot of interference from program managers not letting him call the shots, leading to his early exit from the show.

Oh and if you have kids or like good family movies in the vein of Escape to Witch Mountain, The Last Mimzy was excellent.

New season of Black Mirror out soon! There was talk of them doing a "choose your own adventure" style episode - which could be interesting!

• @Halftone said:

@ZenKier said:
    Rewatching Jericho, and recently 11.22.63, which I adored.

New season of Black Mirror out soon! There was talk of them doing a "choose your own adventure" style episode - which could be interesting!

Can't wait :) .. As for the interactive bit ..that could be a neat novelty if it's just a one-off .. YMMV, but I hope it doesn't start a trend. I prefer my TV time to be hands-off, relaxation time, as what little I watch is when I'm needing a break from constantly interacting with computers & just wanting to kick back.

• Season three of Daredevil has been getting a lot of screen time here. Great show, and I'm not normally into super hero movies at all.

Latest season of Walking Dead is.... interesting. :/ :/

• @Tarekith said:
    Season three of Daredevil has been getting a lot of screen time here. Great show, and I'm not normally into super hero movies at all.

Latest season of Walking Dead is.... interesting. :/ :/

Never watched anything like this, but would love to watch a really good thing like this AND the only comic I bought loyally as a kid was Daredevil....is it a good thing?

• I don't know anything about the comics at all, but it's a good story and I think the characters are really well done and don't get old over time like some shows. The villian especially isn't that one-dimensional and has some interesting motivations that make you not hate him. Usually.

• wimwim
    edited November 2018

Daredevil is really well done. I never was into this genre, but got hooked enough to take in some of the other Marvel series too - and to read some of the old comics for the first time as well. Our library offers them to check out on iOS. It’s been interesting seeing at how different a level I appreciate comics now than when I was a kid.

Jessica Jones is done well too. There’s something cathartically refreshing about a heroine self described as being an asshole.

• Godless. Burned through it.

• edited November 2018

My favourite show all time and i think one of the best written shows and best acted, The Wire.

• @Tarekith @Wim thanks guys, will take a run at it .

• wimwim
    edited November 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @Tarekith @Wim thanks guys, will take a run at it .

Caveat - he takes a couple seasons to develop fully into his Daredevil persona a la the comics. (Which is cool IMO)

• edited November 2018

My current favourite TV watching habits are extremely low rent: Salvage Hunters, Masterchef, Sky Landscape Painting Challenge and the usual soaps.

YouTube is another matter: last night was Stockhausen, obscure Gong and Faust gigs, and men with beards playing modular synths.

• “...and men with beards playing modular synths.” Hysterical!

Here it’s OZARK on Netflix. So good.

• haunting of hill house was great

• @kinkujin said:
    “...and men with beards playing modular synths.” Hysterical!

Here it’s OZARK on Netflix. So good.

ENjoyed Ozark. Intelligent and entertaining.

• I thought it was going to be another breaking bad style of show but it was definitely not and definitely reallly good.

• I just watched this and it was 50 minutes of joy for me and yes it was good (at least for me):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=t98BP-S7Ock

• @Tarekith said:
    I thought it was going to be another breaking bad style of show but it was definitely not and definitely reallly good.

Yeah me too. There seem to be no weak spots at all -- writing, acting, direction ... a complete win for me.

• Super-Cheesy but I like it :)

• Understandably we are sharing things that we liked and so the 'is it good?' is affirmative. I WAS watching an episode of a show yesterday (The Blacklist) which isn't good and perhaps that sort of reporting is as valuable, potentially saving brethren from similarly wasting periods of their life etc.

• I’m waiting for Untouchables II starring Robert Mueller

• I'm looking for a recommendation. I don't watch much TV or many movies. The only series I've watched in the past 5 years or so are Stranger Things (loved s1, merely liked s2) and Glow (loved s1 and s2...Marc Maron...who knew??!) Other favorite shows are Seinfeld, Cheers, Frasier, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and The Wire. So I obviously skew towards the comedic side of things, but when something as good as The Wire comes along, I pay attention.

Is there anything out there currently that approaches the quality of these shows? Appreciate any thoughts.

• @oat_phipps said:
    I'm looking for a recommendation. I don't watch much TV or many movies. The only series I've watched in the past 5 years or so are Stranger Things (loved s1, merely liked s2) and Glow (loved s1 and s2...Marc Maron...who knew??!) Other favorite shows are Seinfeld, Cheers, Frasier, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and The Wire. So I obviously skew towards the comedic side of things, but when something as good as The Wire comes along, I pay attention.

Is there anything out there currently that approaches the quality of these shows? Appreciate any thoughts.

"Narcos: Mexico" just hit Netflix here in the UK. If it's anywhere near as good as the first 3 seasons of Narcos: Columbia then we're in for a treat.

Not many shows hit the heights of the Wire or Breaking Bad, but I have always been impressed by the magnificent production and performances in each Narcos season.

Ozarks has had 2 strong seasons.

Money Heist is an excellent thrill ride. Spanish, so if you don't mind subtitles it's worth a go.

There was a show called Quarry that got cancelled after 1 season. Crazy. Had high hopes for that one.

Comedy-wise, nothing has come really come close to the perfection of Frasier in years. I hear there's a new season of Curb in production, so looking forward to that.

• edited November 2018

Bloodlines was great for 2 seasons, rushed the 3rd but still worth a watch.

Black Mirror has several seasons made up of around 6 individual story episodes. Dark, satirical & awesome!

Big name shows... Game of Thrones, House of Cards, Westworld etc. All good and worth a watch.

Some great world cinema TV series... Spiral ("Engrenages" in french) , The Killing (Danish), Bron (Danish/Swedish), Trapped (Iceland), The Bureau (French), Tabula Rasa (Dutch), Dark (like a German "Stranger Things")

The Expanse is the best sci-fi show in a long time.

End Of The F**king World, is an interesting Brit drama with 22 min episodes. Bittersweet!

Lots more I could mention, but these are the few that come to mind.

Light comedy stuff I usually use as filler between the dramas, and humour is much more divisive in terms of opinion than good drama, so I'll just name a few that were fun mealtime fillers for me....

The Good Place, Love, Santa Clarita Diet, iZombie, Principals.

Oh, The Sinner, with Bill Pullman has had 2 great seasons too.

• @oat_phipps said:
    I'm looking for a recommendation. I don't watch much TV or many movies. The only series I've watched in the past 5 years or so are Stranger Things (loved s1, merely liked s2) and Glow (loved s1 and s2...Marc Maron...who knew??!) Other favorite shows are Seinfeld, Cheers, Frasier, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and The Wire. So I obviously skew towards the comedic side of things, but when something as good as The Wire comes along, I pay attention.

Have you seen Arrested Development?