Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

nanoKEY Studio user remote script for Ableton Live - updated with tutorial and files link

edited November 2018 in Other

I’ve just finished an Ableton Live remote script for my nanoKEY Studio. Works perfectly, famous blue hand is there!! I haven’t seen any signs of this on internet, anybody is interested? I make a little check before taking a little time for a tutorial and files sharing.

Edit: here is the tutorial and files
https://www.saxloops.fr/2018/11/19/tutorial-korg-nanokey-studio-ableton-live-blue-hand-remote-script-and-ios-goodies/

Comments

• I’m curios about this! Thanks!

• Absolutely.

• Ok cool I will do that today :)

• How great is that? :)
    A year ago I searched a half eternally for such a script.

• edited November 2018

@klangsulfat said:
    How great is that? :)

Oh yes, I’ve searched too!!!

All screenshots are made, a little writing and Dropbox hosting and we’re done!! :)

You will be able to control Live devices, 16 drum pads with scrolling, and mixer with only two NKS scenes. NKS preset allow also to play 16 drum pads in Gadget, and some scenes are configured to play a third bass octave with pads in various scales B)

• Nice opportunity to plug a great Ableton scripting software, the guy is a genius

https://www.nativekontrol.com/

• edited November 2018

@Janosax said:

@klangsulfat said:
    How great is that? :)

Oh yes, I’ve searched too!!!

All screenshots are made, a little writing and Dropbox hosting and we’re done!! :)

You will be able to control Live devices, 16 drum pads with scrolling, and mixer with only two NKS scenes. NKS preset allow also to play 16 drum pads in Gadget, and some scenes are configured to play a third bass octave with pads in various scales B)

Sounds great. Can't wait :)

• edited November 2018

@scadet @mgmg4871 @ExAsperis99 @klangsulfat @[Deleted User]

Here is the tutorial and files on my blog, it was longer to do that I thinked, glad I asked before for any interest about this.
    :D enjoy ;)

https://www.saxloops.fr/2018/11/19/tutorial-korg-nanokey-studio-ableton-live-blue-hand-remote-script-and-ios-goodies/

• @Janosax said:
    @scadet @mgmg4871 @ExAsperis99 @klangsulfat @[Deleted User]

Here is the tutorial and files on my blog, it was longer to do that I thinked, glad I asked before for any interest about this.
    :D enjoy ;)

So guys have you tested it, does it work on your side?

• Oh shit! Thank you so much!!!

• @shiftsynth1 said:
    Oh shit! Thank you so much!!!

Cool!! Have you tried it? I need to know if my instructions works :)

• edited November 2018

@Janosax said:

@shiftsynth1 said:
    Oh shit! Thank you so much!!!

Cool!! Have you tried it? I need to know if my instructions works :)

I actually just traded in my Macbook because I'm getting a new one on Black Friday. I seriously just spent like 2 full days trying to find something like this about 2 months ago though so I will for sure try it out as soon as I'm up and running again. I'll let you know then.

• edited November 2018

@Janosax Thank you so much for your efforts.

At the moment my spare time is limited. Because of this I'll try your script coming weekend. Of course, your script is very customized to your personal preferences. I would probably implement other functions, such as transport remote or using the pads as switches for special functions in Ableton. However, I will definitely try your script soon.

So far I've only read your tutorial. I have two remarks: 1. The Nanokey Studio is class-compliant. You don't have to install the Korg driver, the Kontrol Editor actually works without any driver. 2. Maybe you should place a big heading between the installation guide and the user guide :wink:

• edited November 2018

@klangsulfat said:
    @Janosax Thank you so much for your efforts.

At the moment my spare time is limited. Because of this I'll try your script coming weekend. Of course, your script is very customized to your personal preferences. I would probably implement other functions, such as transport remote or using the pads as switches for special functions in Ableton. However, I will definitely try your script soon.

So far I've only read your tutorial. I have two remarks: 1. The Nanokey Studio is class-compliant. You don't have to install the Korg driver, the Kontrol Editor actually works without any driver. 2. Maybe you should place a big heading between the installation guide and the user guide :wink:

Thanks for those suggestions. Of course the script and preset can be tweaked as desired, this is why I added script screenshots to show where values can be changed, as I suppose it’s not that easy to understand for some users, or that script had there been on the net for a while. It wasn’t the case for me at least. About drivers, it seems to me it’s necessary for BT support with Windows at least, I will check that. And I will see if I can separate installation and user instructions too.

• Hello @Janosax, do you still have these script files? It’s no longer on your Dropbox. Im trying to get my nanokey to work with Ableton to avoid buying another midi controller. Let me know, I would greatly appreciate having it.

• @jdwig87 said:
    Hello @Janosax, do you still have these script files? It’s no longer on your Dropbox. Im trying to get my nanokey to work with Ableton to avoid buying another midi controller. Let me know, I would greatly appreciate having it.

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, I've udpated links, you can now download them.

Let me know how this works for you :smile:

• Nice! Much appreciated.

• Hi @Janosax !
    I wanted to thank you for this work you’ve done. So far, it has helped greatly.
    However, I’m unable to get the pads (upper right, chord pads) to respond in Ableton.
    Any tips you can offer?
    Thank you!
    -kinkujin

• edited October 2021

@kinkujin said:
    Hi @Janosax !
    I wanted to thank you for this work you’ve done. So far, it has helped greatly.
    However, I’m unable to get the pads (upper right, chord pads) to respond in Ableton.
    Any tips you can offer?
    Thank you!
    -kinkujin

Hi, glad it’s useful for you. Sometimes when pads don’t work, it’s because Ableton drums pads device are not selected properly in the vertical pads grid. The script uses blue hand, so it’s adaptative to Ableton devices.

Move this:

• Hmmm, I did try that and all it revealed was an empty grid, with each move. I suspect I’ve missed something.
    I did load to same kit as you.
    All else seems as predicted. Thanks again @Janosax !

• edited October 2021

@janosax I've just got this up and running, thank you, happily the thread resurfaced at the right moment for me.

• Got it rolling! Guess I needed 2 reboots to get it working. Thanks again!

• edited October 2021

@kinkujin said:
    Got it rolling! Guess I needed 2 reboots to get it working. Thanks again!

Cool!!!! Glad you made it working.

@steve99 said:
    @janosax I've just got this up and running, thank you, happily the thread resurfaced at the right moment for me.

You’re welcome, glad it’s useful for some users!!

• One more question if I may …
    Is there any way to edit the chords at all? Always 4 note chords? If anyone can point me to a resource where I can find out that would be nice too. Thanks!

• @kinkujin said:
    One more question if I may …
    Is there any way to edit the chords at all? Always 4 note chords? If anyone can point me to a resource where I can find out that would be nice too. Thanks!

You can’t edit them, they will follow the NKS scale setting. You can use Ableton chord device as another solution.

• edited October 2021

@Janosax
    “You can use Ableton chord device as another solution.”

I’m unsure what you mean.

• @Janosax said:

@kinkujin said:
    @Janosax
    “You can use Ableton chord device as another solution.”

I’m unsure what you mean.

Here are some ideas:

https://quadrophone.com/composition/using-the-ableton-chord-plug-in/

https://www.macprovideo.com/article/ableton-live/midi-chain-racks-in-ableton-live

Thanks again!!