Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Patterning 2 is here now

Comments

• @AudioGus said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Anybody else have trouble getting Patterning 2 to reliably switch drum kits during playback? I'm not using the multiple feature, just trying to load from the kits screen. The new samples show they've loaded up on the sample screen, but the previous kit just keeps playing. @benkamen If it helps, it's always when I'm using it in Apematrix or Auria, I haven't tried it standalone though.

Yes, I get the issue of trying to load samples and having them not load in. If I save the drumkit and load the song it then shows up. It becomes very crash prone for me if it sits in this non loaded state too long.

Also, my individual track export does not work for me and I get either blank tracks or each track is a copy of the master output.

:(

Yeah - still actual issue.
    When running standalon this seems to work for me.
    Running Patterns/Song-Mode when hosted as IAA the Drumkit-Changing is somewhat unreliable.
    Some values seem to change but it is not working alright.
    @benkamen ?? News on this?

• edited November 2018

I’m still having trouble importing samples from iTunes into a user created folder 😔

• @MrBlaschke said:

@AudioGus said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Anybody else have trouble getting Patterning 2 to reliably switch drum kits during playback? I'm not using the multiple feature, just trying to load from the kits screen. The new samples show they've loaded up on the sample screen, but the previous kit just keeps playing. @benkamen If it helps, it's always when I'm using it in Apematrix or Auria, I haven't tried it standalone though.

Yes, I get the issue of trying to load samples and having them not load in. If I save the drumkit and load the song it then shows up. It becomes very crash prone for me if it sits in this non loaded state too long.

Also, my individual track export does not work for me and I get either blank tracks or each track is a copy of the master output.

:(

Yeah - still actual issue.
    When running standalon this seems to work for me.
    Running Patterns/Song-Mode when hosted as IAA the Drumkit-Changing is somewhat unreliable.
    Some values seem to change but it is not working alright.
    @benkamen ?? News on this?

Hmmm, I have only ever tried Patterning2 as IAA. Maybe it will work for me as standalone/midi slave. Thanks, will try it next time I am in that setup/neighborhood.

• patterning is the G.O.A.T., looking forward to the incredible, fantastic, phantasmagorical, insanely samplerific next major update of this app, until then will continue to be one of the most use apps on iOS

• @kobamoto said:
    patterning is the G.O.A.T., looking forward to the incredible, fantastic, phantasmagorical, insanely samplerific next major update of this app, until then will continue to be one of the most use apps on iOS

Are you using it standalone primarily or as IAA?

• primarily stand alone

• Still have to restart most of the time to get samples to actually replace the previous ones. I guess there hasn't been an official update since I last complained, but I figured this would be one of the quicker things to fix.

• Hey!

Much better to email me at [email protected] than to post here. It'll get the issue into my hands much faster and is better for sorting out the issues. Please send more info (to email) so I can reproduce the problems reported here. Thanks!!

• @benkamen said:
    Hey!

Much better to email me at [email protected] than to post here. It'll get the issue into my hands much faster and is better for sorting out the issues. Please send more info (to email) so I can reproduce the problems reported here. Thanks!!

Problem is pretty simple to describe; samples are only imported to the root from Itunes file sharing
    It's impossible to load any number of samples into a specific folder.
    I tried also creating the folder, closing the app, reopening it and do the import...same result.
    I made also a post on the olympia support forum but had no answer yet.

• Contacted you on olympianoiseco forum, the problem should be fixed with latest update (last week), look at forum for details, and let me know if it's not fixed.

• @benkamen
    Just wanted to say your app is hands down my favorite midi controller for drums in ableton. It makes writing drum parts so much fun. Thanks for everything.

• @benkamen said:

Contacted you on olympianoiseco forum, the problem should be fixed with latest update (last week), look at forum for details, and let me know if it's not fixed.

Nice Thanks ! updating and testing later .

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It works :) ! Tested with some transfers and the file implementation is really good. I can load multiple audio files from any ipad location like AUM or Audioshare folder. Thanks !

• @d4d0ug said:
    Still hoping for expanded choke group functions... would like to optionally have a sample be able to choke itself, and more choke groups. This would make it much more usable in the case of longer samples which contain rhythm. What do say @benkamen - any chance?

I really hope it too!
    Essential for some long 808 basses and jungle breakbeats

• @benkamen
    Small bug.
    When P2 hosted in AUM (haven't tested in other hosts) IAA transport panel remains active 'behind' sample library when opened.

• Yes please, really want to have it seamless with audiobus.

• I would love to see more ability to use patterns from previous files or projects on new or existing projects. Basically, I'd love to see more like a BM3 style file browser, where you can import patterns the same way you can import kits.

I understand that you can save patterns with kits, but this would be more of an independent sort of use of patterns rather than tying them to kits.

I have mentioned before, as well, have in the file browser sort by # of patterns, kits, date, etc... as many categories as possible imo

• Just lifting up an old thread to ask what the 'logic' behind choosing AIFF for the export in Patterning 2 was since most apps use *.wav... (Cubasis for example has never supported AIFF on iOS and I doubt we'll see support for that).

• @Samu said:
    Just lifting up an old thread to ask what the 'logic' behind choosing AIFF for the export in Patterning 2 was since most apps use *.wav... (Cubasis for example has never supported AIFF on iOS and I doubt we'll see support for that).

Yep, excellent point, i like wav files.

Also as i mentioned before please can we have 24/32 bit files at 48/96 khz option. Why we have to use 16 bit files is a bit baffling and not comparable to PC/Mac.

• Using loops finally possible. Should be interesting!

• @scottsunn said:
    I would love to see more ability to use patterns from previous files or projects on new or existing projects. Basically, I'd love to see more like a BM3 style file browser, where you can import patterns the same way you can import kits.
    I understand that you can save patterns with kits, but this would be more of an independent sort of use of patterns rather than tying them to kits.
    I have mentioned before, as well, have in the file browser sort by # of patterns, kits, date, etc... as many categories as possible imo

+1 :)

• @benkamen any chance of patterning becoming an iphone app? i’d love to have this while out on the go.

• @eross said:
    @benkamen any chance of patterning becoming an iphone app? i’d love to have this while out on the go.

please please please....

• AU for me pls ;)

• edited August 2019

Sorry if this was answered before... Is there an option to import a whole folder of samples at once (from Audioshare)?
    I could only manage to import sample after sample

• You can import multiple files from Dropbox or Files. There is not an option to do so from AudioShare.