Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SynthMaster One on Sale - 50% off (11/16/18)

Just a heads up, Synthmaster One is on sale @ 50% off!

Comments

• Super stable in latest BM3, have used it for a couple hours with no issues.

I so want the expansion packs for this... :)

• I don't have it yet, think I'll grab it now. Great to hear about the stability.

• BenBen
    edited November 2018

I bought it a while ago when it went on sale briefly. Wasn’t sure how much of an upgrade it would be from the player version in terms of presets but boy is it meaty.

• @AudioGus said:
    Super stable in latest BM3, have used it for a couple hours with no issues.

I so want the expansion packs for this... :)

oh yes it's time to implement the IAP support for at least the additional presets. We're gonna add around 300 more presets for the desktop version until the end of 2019. (100 already done, 100 on the way)

• How CPU intensive is it as an AU? Say comparable to Model 15.

As much as I love Model 15 its often the poly buckaroo of my projects

• edited November 2018

@Calverhall said:
    How CPU intensive is it as an AU? Say comparable to Model 15.

As much as I love Model 15 its often the poly buckaroo of my projects

On my 2017 in BM3 I have been running three safely and just got used to that. Given the latest iOS AU memory tweaks and optimizations for a while i felt the ceiling was four... but not so stable. Since that test both BM3 and Synthmaster One seem to have received memory improvements so I would not be surprised that the ceiling is now four for me but that is untested. I will have a better idea after the weekend. Honestly though, it does not seem like CPU is the core issue for me so much as iOS AU memory allocation (being a non-Pro ipad) . So I can get 3 (4?) Synthmaster Ones and then sometimes two or three more other synths, ala a Zeeon, Mood or Model 15 and then a whole wack of FAC and ProQ2s.

• It's just a whole lot of lovely. Very happy with this object, even at full price...

• Yeah it finally seems quite stable now on my 12.9 pro and getting to enjoy how good it sounds :)
    Will also look forward to getting proper preset bank importing.

• edited November 2018

@AudioGus said:
    Super stable in latest BM3, have used it for a couple hours with no issues.

Patience wins :smile:
    Great progress with usability and stability in just a couple of months.
    Kudos to the dev - @kv331audio_bulent !!

• edited November 2018

@AspectRatio said:
    I don't have it yet, think I'll grab it now. Great to hear about the stability.

For $9.99, it's a STEAL for a desktop-class synth ported to iOS as-is - can't get any better than this!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/synthmaster-one/id1254353266

Each day you don't buy it - you don't have it :neutral:
    That is lost time and lost fun you can never get back!

• @MobileMusic said:

@AspectRatio said:

For $9.99, it's a STEAL for a desktop-class synth ported to iOS as-is - can't get any better than this!

Manditory iOS synth. Further AB forum posts by non purchasers will be denied all credibility, sorry.

• last thing I need is a new synth, but you know it’s on sale and the weekend so I bought it like a good boy

• edited November 2018

@AudioGus said:

@MobileMusic said:

@AspectRatio said:

Manditory iOS synth. Further AB forum posts by non purchasers will be denied all credibility, sorry.

Great design and well organized layout - it can be used to produce easy tutorial videos on synthesis and sound design!

The 3 horizontal divisions are designed to readily fit an iPhone (like those responsive, mobile-first Bootstrap websites) - it’s just a matter of coming up with a layout for small screens before it is ready on iPhone (not a lot of work)

• @Carnbot said:

That's the next goal, along with -if I can figure out- cloud sync support + sharing presets.banks publicly with other users online in the cloud.

• @kv331audio_bulent
    Really loving this synth. Had a blast with it today👊🏼™️ 6 instances of it used to compose this track:

• edited November 2018

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@Carnbot said:

That's the next goal, along with -if I can figure out- cloud sync support + sharing presets.banks publicly with other users online in the cloud.

@brice created some presets for SM1 a few months ago and wanted to share them - also posted a question to you on how to share presets.

Cloud sync sounds very interesting. Thanks for considering the suggestions.

• edited November 2018

And that is lost time and lost fun you can never get back!

• @MobileMusic said:
    @brice created some presets for SM1 a few months ago and wanted to share them - also posted a question to you on how to share presets.

Brice is actually gonna create 50 factory presets for us :wink:

• @kv331audio_bulent said:

@Carnbot said:

Is there any tutorial about how to import my user samples?
    Thanks...

• Somehow I haven’t got this.

• edited November 2018

@rs2000 said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@Carnbot said:

Thanks...

You can drag and drop wavetables into SM1 from Files in iOS 11 (one at a time for now) - see Doug's video on this

• @MobileMusic said:

@rs2000 said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@Carnbot said:

Thanks...

You can drag and drop wavetables into SM1 from Files in iOS 11 (one at a time for now) - see Doug's video on this

Yes, but I was talking about using my SFZ programs and WAV files from Synthmaster...

• edited November 2018

@MobileMusic said:

Thank you B)

I really want to ditch iCloud, and looks like I'm on the right path. figured out how to get a list of files in the cloud (y)

user/app/FavouritePresets.txt
    user/app/Presets/BigTone Analog Basics 02.smar
    user/app/Presets/BigTone Analog Basics 02.smpb
    user/app/Presets/BigTone Analog Basics.smar
    user/app/Presets/BigTone Analog Basics.smpb

The above is the folder structure in the cloud. We're gonna store user's presets, waveforms, samples, scales and favourite presets/ratings.

• edited November 2018

@rs2000 said:
    Yes, but I was talking about using my SFZ programs and WAV files from Synthmaster...

SynthMaster One doesn't support samples/SFZs, only waveforms/wavetables (the number of samples in the wave file must be a multiple of 2048 for the file to be imported into SM1)

• Why do I need this? I’ve got a ton of synths (though still surprisingly struggle to find the right sound at times) already, yet 90% of the time I just open Ripplemaker.

Is this a proper all-rounder workhorse, or just a pretty sparkly thing I’ll put back in the drawer a week later?

• @kv331audio_bulent said:

@rs2000 said:

SynthMaster One doesn't support samples/SFZs, only waveforms/wavetables (the number of samples in the wave file must be a multiple of 2048 for the file to be imported into SM1)

Ok, thank you!

• edited November 2018

I bought it yesterday. It sounds nice but the AU interface is truly aweful! It is a real pain to scroll left and right, you have to drag several times just to change a parameter and be really careful not to adjust something else accidentally while doing it. It also scrolls often when you are trying to turn a knob. Also in the expanded view the bottom of the interface is cut off with no way to adjust parameters. This truly is an example of how not to design an AU interface.

• @MonzoPro said:

Why do I need this? I’ve got a ton of synths (though still surprisingly struggle to find the right sound at times) already, yet 90% of the time I just open Ripplemaker.

Is this a proper all-rounder workhorse, or just a pretty sparkly thing I’ll put back in the drawer a week later?

You don't need it.

But it seems for a number of us it falls into that 'top three or four' that you end up using, going to. So, while there's many (many) I would either give back or want to hold onto but would have to admit I never use, this fellow (for iOS) seems to have a bunch of noise that's from the higher echelon. For all of that, you have the Komplete thingie and therefore I'm not sure you don't already have lots of all the noises.

For me it's a 'must have', whether I'll think that/use it much after the Mk3 arrives, we'll see. I still suspect so however because I have a weakness for pretty things.