Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Noir Celebration! With a little XOX

Wanna blow yer damn mind?

Hook up @brambos XOX to Noir...

Set XOX's note map like this:

BD=10
SD=30
CP=50
LT=70
MT=90
HT=110
CH=120
OH=127

You now have 8 polymetric (sync'd or unsync'd) lines/paths (i.e. each "drum is a note/pitch) with which to send variable velocity triggers (overall vel set by track/instrument/note) each assigned to a different pitch!

Of course you have 6 modulation targets for both vel and pitch...

This setup gives you pretty much **limitless **control over triggering and modulation, in a totally controllable setup. You have total control over the velocity at each pitch, plus with accents a way to pop the value.

AND... you have 8 patterns you can trigger via midi...

Oh man...

Comments

• @MonkeyDrummer an audiobus preset would be nice :)

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    @MonkeyDrummer an audiobus preset would be nice :)

Give a fish vs. teach to fish...

Snatch the pebble grasshopper

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

I'm saying this as a person who's made countless presets. I know how to make my own lol. But if you really want to help people on the forum the presets help them to see how it's done. Just a wall of text usually scares people away.

• nice @MonkeyDrummer well done and useful.

• Add a Rozeta Particles to the lane for some lazy boy randomness. B)

Audiobus preset 'Ripe Lizard': http://preset.audiob.us/58S0wveRk1ftOrJ

Thanks for the inspiration @MonkeyDrummer

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

I'm saying this as a person who's made countless presets. I know how to make my own lol. But if you really want to help people on the forum the presets help them to see how it's done. Just a wall of text usually scares people away.

I’m afraid to admit here, on this forum no less, that I don’t actually own a copy of the eponymous app... 😕

• No harm in that. But your loss fer sure.

Though from what I’ve seen you go so deep with AUM you’d probably be scratching your head a bit over the benefit of adding AB3.

• wimwim
    edited November 2018

Oh man, just added Rozeta Bassline + Model D and been just sting here listening to the magic for 10 minutes. It really is like listening to someone else composing music. Someone good at it rather than me. ;)

Audiobus preset 'Light Tulip': http://preset.audiob.us/19PlUOmqTU9ofT6

• Thank you Tulip boy :) Appreciated....was going to bed, but figure not now...

• Wow. Just wow.

• Thanks a lot for both supercool Audiobus presets - really nice base for jamming around. i‘ve added some kleverbs two model Ds, one driven by Cells for pads and the second for addional jamming via keyboard :)

• Really amazing stuff!

Would it be useful if I add that key template to X0X?

• _ki_ki
    edited November 2018

+1 for a „Ruismaker Noir“ Rozeta Xox template

• That would be awesome @brambos. Also I love the triplet rhythms in Noir. Can we do that in X0X as well? I couldn’t see it.

• wimwim
    edited November 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Thank you Tulip boy :) Appreciated....was going to bed, but figure not now...

You gotta thank / blame Monkey Boy, not me. It was his idea. ;)

Gonna try this out with Rozeta rhythm. Less control, but I think it’ll easier to see where there are overlapping notes. @brambos, presets for both XOX and Rhythm would be good.

Humm ... I wonder what happens when LFO is hitting some of dem knobs. :#

• _ki_ki
    edited November 2018

Yeah, praise the idea of @MonkeyDrummer !

But it would haven taken some time to set this up myself and therefore would be delayed till some spare time in the evening... Using your preset it only took ‚one button press‘ on the link to a 100% funky and supercool running jam.

I also just tried with Rozeta Rythm - the higher notes/instruments shadow lower notes (as with XoX) but the default randomizer seems to generate a lot open & closed high hats by its defaults.

• wimwim
    edited November 2018

Humm ... thinking about this a little bit more, for a Rozeta XOX and Rhythm preset, it might make sense to figure out the closest values to hit C notes across the octaves when the oscillators are tuned to 50%

Maybe something like one of the below?

• 12, 24, 48, 60, 72, 84, 96, 108
    • 0, 12, 24, 48, 84, 96 , 108, 120
    • 24, 48, 60, 72, 84, 96, 108, 120 (my vote)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @wim said:
    Humm ... thinking about this a little bit more, for a Rozeta XOX and Rhythm preset, it might make sense to figure out the closest values to hit C notes across the octaves when the oscillators are tuned to 50%

Maybe something like one of the below?

• 12, 24, 48, 60, 72, 84, 96, 108
    • 0, 12, 24, 48, 84, 96 , 108, 120
    • 24, 48, 60, 72, 84, 96, 108, 120 (my vote)

Yeah that last one makes the most sense to me too (because it will make the best use of the Pitch Mod settings) :)

• +1 !!!

@brambos said:
    Really amazing stuff!

@brambos said:
    Really amazing stuff!

• @d4d0ug said:
    Thanks for the inspiration @MonkeyDrummer.

Just had some fun with 2 x StepPolyArps, the first one with a chord sequence, the second one as an arp then feeding noir, using both pitch and velocity variations to modulate.

This game keeps getting better and better!

SPA seems perfect for this. I’ll have to try that.

• @brambos said:
    Really amazing stuff!

You could, but I just save an empty preset with the note mappings and call it Noir Spread. It's like Nutella, but more Noir.

What I'd LOOOVE is on the apps that have the note settings if you displayed note names along with the midi numbers so I can stop having to look them up every time . :)

• @wim said:

@d4d0ug said:
    Thanks for the inspiration @MonkeyDrummer.

Just had some fun with 2 x StepPolyArps, the first one with a chord sequence, the second one as an arp then feeding noir, using both pitch and velocity variations to modulate.

This game keeps getting better and better!

SPA seems perfect for this. I’ll have to try that.

I tried StepPolyArp as well, especially since you can have variable lengths for each row, you can use the 1,2,3,4, steps to control pitch,, non-sync'd transmission of velocity, CC's etc. It's WAYYY more powwa, but I spent too much time fiddling with it. XOX seemed like a better mix of control and immediacy.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited November 2018

ok i set this up and not sure what im supposed to be doing here but techno seems to be coming out

Edit: I put a scaler between xox and noir to keep things in tune, wasn’t sure what notes those numbers gave.

• Nice job @MonkeyDrummer and @wim, thanks for my lack of future sleep! 🤪 👌

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

Can we hear the fish on soundcloud? I really want to hear something that makes me cave in.

• If a fish sings alone in the forest does it make a sound?

• @wim said:
    If a fish sings alone in the forest does it make a sound?

not for very long... :)