Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

User soundfonts in bs-16i au

Is it not possible to use any other soundfonts other than the ones included in AU? Have loaded my own but can’t access them....

Comments

• edited November 2018

Yep you can use you own soundfonts. Go to settings, click on wavetable and choose a library, scroll to the bottom and click on import wavetable from iCloud. You don’t need to use iCloud just choose what folder you like, I use Dropbox.

• Aha thank you!

• could anyone point me to some decent soundfont creation software for Mac?
    Tried Polyphone, but found it to buggy and difficult to use.

• @palm said:
    could anyone point me to some decent soundfont creation software for Mac?

That's a really good question.
    I have the same experience with Polyphone, it's not a bad program but not much fun to use.

The way I do it currently is to create a sample program on the old Kontakt V3 for Mac and then convert the nki + WAV to SF2 using Extreme Sample Converter.
    The good feature of Kontakt is auto-mapping based on file names.
    I suggested to @Virsyn to switch to an open file format like SFZ in AudioLayer, he found the idea interesting but I don't know if he's going to do it.
    One could reverse-engineer the program file but I dunno if it's really worth the hassle.
    If he did, converting SFZ to SF2 would be rather easy.

• Just be mindful that you can only use one soundfont per session. At least that’s my experience in BM3. If you change it in the same session in a different track it changes all of them once you reopen it

• @YZJustDatGuy said:
    Just be mindful that you can only use one soundfont per session. At least that’s my experience in BM3. If you change it in the same session in a different track it changes all of them once you reopen it

If I understand you correctly this is not an issue in AUM as Bs-16i is AUv3 so you can run multiple instances which are state saved with AUM project.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:
    Just be mindful that you can only use one soundfont per session. At least that’s my experience in BM3. If you change it in the same session in a different track it changes all of them once you reopen it

If I understand you correctly this is not an issue in AUM as Bs-16i is AUv3 so you can run multiple instances which are state saved with AUM project.

Can you load different sound fonts on each instance?

• edited November 2018

@YZJustDatGuy said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

yep but you have to use the soundfonts from the same library

• edited November 2018

@[Deleted User] said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

That’s what I meant lol

• edited November 2018

@YZJustDatGuy said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

That’s what I meant lol

Sorry my bad, I have reminded the developer on this as I believe he was looking into it some time ago. I guess its a RAM allocation restriction issue.... er maybe.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

That’s what I meant lol

Sorry my bad, I have reminded the developer on this as I believe he was looking into it some time ago. I guess its a RAM allocation restriction issue.... er maybe.

All good. It’s one of the reasons I don’t use it much. iOS 12 helped with RAM management a lot when it comes to AUs

• @rs2000 said:

@palm said:

I have the same experience with Polyphone, it's not a bad program but not much fun to use.

The way I do it currently is to create a sample program on the old Kontakt V3 for Mac and then convert the nki + WAV to SF2 using Extreme Sample Converter.
    I suggested to @Virsyn to switch to an open file format like SFZ in AudioLayer, he found the idea interesting but I don't know if he's going to do it.
    One could reverse-engineer the program file but I dunno if it's really worth the hassle.

cool, thanks for the help! I'll try that.

• @palm said:

@rs2000 said:

@palm said:

cool, thanks for the help! I'll try that.

Fyi, there are two reasons why I'm using Kontakt V3: First, V4 has display issues on more recent MacOS versions and second, you cannot convert Kontakt V4.1 or V4.2+ files with most converters. V3 is very powerful already, also make sure you read the manual to make good use of the file naming syntax for mass importing samples.

• Fyi, there are two reasons why I'm using Kontakt V3: First, V4 has display issues on more recent MacOS versions and second, you cannot convert Kontakt V4.1 or V4.2+ files with most converters. V3 is very powerful already, also make sure you read the manual to make good use of the file naming syntax for mass importing samples.

ah I see. thanks for all the info.