Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

StageLight for iOS Using SampleVerse as a cross track midi controller

Just a quick video showing that you can use SampleVerse as a cross track controller in its current state.

Using it to control Noise Melody in this case.

Comments

• nice! Is this only available in the unlocked app? I cant find it in the free version...

• @Hmtx said:
    nice! Is this only available in the unlocked app? I cant find it in the free version...

I’m pretty sure SampleVerse is in with the free app can anyone comfirm. I been on non free now to long !

• Yeah sample verse is in there. But I can’t find any “MIDI out” settings.

Here’s all I have:

• @Hmtx said:
    nice! Is this only available in the unlocked app? I cant find it in the free version...

NOISE is a Roli app which is loaded into StageLight as hosted AU app. In order to do this you would need to purchase the unlock IAP.

• @Hmtx said:
    Yeah sample verse is in there. But I can’t find any “MIDI out” settings.

Here’s all I have:

@Hmtx Open up the channel strip for the SampleVerse track and then tap the little wheel icon for track settings. Under that your see track I/O properties tap that for midi settings.
    The background of this DAW is windows so it’s got desktop DAW like legacy features which are different sometimes to what we expect on iOS.

• there we go, found it. In channel strip, tap on the settings icon, thats where the Track I/O properties are. Looks good. thanks for the help.

I was curious to see if I can get an external app to respond to a MIDI sequence from SampleVerse. So far, not working.

I have not purchased the unlock... but all the options are there just like your video shows.

• Very cool thanks !!!

• @Hmtx said:
    there we go, found it. In channel strip, tap on the settings icon, thats where the Track I/O properties are. Looks good. thanks for the help.

I was curious to see if I can get an external app to respond to a MIDI sequence from SampleVerse. So far, not working.

I have not purchased the unlock... but all the options are there just like your video shows.

No the cross track midi between tracks doesn’t work at present apart from this for some reason. It’s a shame you can’t use SampleVerse ARP to trigger other AU apps. I would like to use ScaleGen etc but until they get it working fully can’t do.

• Aha, so that’s why I can’t get any rozetta’s to work with au instruments.

• Loving Sampleverse as an instrument and controller, but I can’t get the Noise Melody AU to show up in Stagelight’s external plugins (iOS unlocked, I can see my other AUs, but not the Noise ones). Any clues? Stagelight 4.0.6 and Noise 3.3.1 (latest versions), iOS 12.1.

• @steve99 said:
    Loving Sampleverse as an instrument and controller, but I can’t get the Noise Melody AU to show up in Stagelight’s external plugins (iOS unlocked, I can see my other AUs, but not the Noise ones). Any clues? Stagelight 4.0.6 and Noise 3.3.1 (latest versions), iOS 12.1.

Weird they both showing in StageLight on my system latest iOS. Melody and drums. Have you gone to settings and done a VST/AU rescan, or search for new?

• @Jumpercollins said:

@steve99 said:
    Loving Sampleverse as an instrument and controller, but I can’t get the Noise Melody AU to show up in Stagelight’s external plugins (iOS unlocked, I can see my other AUs, but not the Noise ones). Any clues? Stagelight 4.0.6 and Noise 3.3.1 (latest versions), iOS 12.1.

Weird they both showing in StageLight on my system latest iOS. Melody and drums. Have you gone to settings and done a VST/AU rescan, or search for new?

That was the one ("rescan all") - Thank you, feeling a bit thick, but very happy now :smiley: