Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

audiobus member's emporium of the finest and most exotic freeware plugins from around the world

Comments

• @greengrocer said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:
    Enjoy your evening monzo, time for me to get off my butt and cook, go second hand with those plugs if you like them, saw the design bundle for around £100 t'other day on kvr.

Ah ok, haven’t tried the 2nd hand route. That Adaptiverb is bloody lovely, I could get about ten albums worth out of that thing alone.

Paid about £80 for mine, new license to boot, best places to look for secondhand stuff is kvr and gearslutz, maybe ebay, sold and bought a few things off there and not had any problems yet, touch wood. Has inspired me no end, been working on an ambient album with a space theme, used it all over it, one other plug to try if you haven't already as you have komplete, is absynth fx, has a great granular section, but is a bit obscure with the labelling of the controls.

Yeah I’ve tried those - difficult to know what’s going on, particularly when I’m controlling them via the Mk3. Have you got Molekular? That’s pretty full on.

I’ll have to checkout the 2nd hand options, thanks for the tip.

Be interested to hear what you’re doing. My current project was supposed to be an ambient thing too, but after buying Riffer and Ruismaker Noir I fear it’s all getting noisy again.

It's took me about 3 or 4 years to get my head around absynth fx and that was just the aetherizer section, wasn't really into it at first but lately been getting some really nice stuff out of it. Only problem I have with molekular is the cpu hit, don't use it that much, but that's got some really nice harmonic fx as well, when I do use it though I usually bounce the audio straight away.

That last bit made me laugh, I sit down to do some hardcore dnb and end up with laid back jazz, amount of times that my track comes out sounding like my original intentions is around 5%. This year tho doing ambient stuff has really helped my focus, like nearly everyone else, been stressed like a mofo, decided to take a break from what I usually do and just experiment, been working mainly at 61 bpm, which has been eye opening and using all sorts of different tuning's, sometimes in the same track.

I'm happier with my new stuff so I'll put up a link once it's finally done, done about 30 tracks, most not finished, really happy with around 6-7 that are pretty much complete, only problem is there is too much pad and strings stuff, so it sounds a little samely. Going to run some tracks through my ipad, metasynth and falcon just to break up the monotony.

I tend to either directly record, or bounce all my tracks - my old devices struggle with a lot of the Komplete stuff, particularly Reaktor instruments - Rounds for example. I quite like working that way though, less opportunity to fiddle with tracks after.

I find the iPad is really good for a lot of ambient/soundscapey stuff, for example this one I put up yesterday is about 90% Spacecraft:

Sounds nice! ;)

If you're into ambient/ soundscape stuff try the freeware VSTs by HG Fortune. Come with loads of cool presets, instant ambient music :)
    http://www.vst4free.com/index.php?dev=HG_Fortune

Thanks - wow, they look interesting - going in to investigate!

• @MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:
    Enjoy your evening monzo, time for me to get off my butt and cook, go second hand with those plugs if you like them, saw the design bundle for around £100 t'other day on kvr.

Ah ok, haven’t tried the 2nd hand route. That Adaptiverb is bloody lovely, I could get about ten albums worth out of that thing alone.

Paid about £80 for mine, new license to boot, best places to look for secondhand stuff is kvr and gearslutz, maybe ebay, sold and bought a few things off there and not had any problems yet, touch wood. Has inspired me no end, been working on an ambient album with a space theme, used it all over it, one other plug to try if you haven't already as you have komplete, is absynth fx, has a great granular section, but is a bit obscure with the labelling of the controls.

Yeah I’ve tried those - difficult to know what’s going on, particularly when I’m controlling them via the Mk3. Have you got Molekular? That’s pretty full on.

Be interested to hear what you’re doing. My current project was supposed to be an ambient thing too, but after buying Riffer and Ruismaker Noir I fear it’s all getting noisy again.

It's took me about 3 or 4 years to get my head around absynth fx and that was just the aetherizer section, wasn't really into it at first but lately been getting some really nice stuff out of it. Only problem I have with molekular is the cpu hit, don't use it that much, but that's got some really nice harmonic fx as well, when I do use it though I usually bounce the audio straight away.

That last bit made me laugh, I sit down to do some hardcore dnb and end up with laid back jazz, amount of times that my track comes out sounding like my original intentions is around 5%. This year tho doing ambient stuff has really helped my focus, like nearly everyone else, been stressed like a mofo, decided to take a break from what I usually do and just experiment, been working mainly at 61 bpm, which has been eye opening and using all sorts of different tuning's, sometimes in the same track.

I'm happier with my new stuff so I'll put up a link once it's finally done, done about 30 tracks, most not finished, really happy with around 6-7 that are pretty much complete, only problem is there is too much pad and strings stuff, so it sounds a little samely. Going to run some tracks through my ipad, metasynth and falcon just to break up the monotony.

I tend to either directly record, or bounce all my tracks - my old devices struggle with a lot of the Komplete stuff, particularly Reaktor instruments - Rounds for example. I quite like working that way though, less opportunity to fiddle with tracks after.

I find the iPad is really good for a lot of ambient/soundscapey stuff, for example this one I put up yesterday is about 90% Spacecraft:

Very nice, I like the way the track unfolds, reminds me of the different phases after a gag inducing cup of mushroom tea, especially after you start reaching cruising altitude and the anxiety of the start has passed, managing to cram that all in under 8 minutes is impressive.

Did you do the video on ipad, shooting and editing? Goes well with the music, altho I'd like to see it, if I ever dabble again, still have the hunger at times and have started looking into micro-dosing. Still think the ipad has been the best platform personally for creating more musically coherent and experimental sounds, not used my air 2 much, as I needed to focus on my mixing chops for a while, my tracks sound better, but have lost an edge, not quite as personal, so I enjoyed the free roaming nature of your track.

If you ever still use logic for creating and sequencing, they have included a new feature where the tempo follows the playing and changes all the way through, I'll have to dig up a video that demonstrated it. I'd work like that on the ipad and just shoe horn things into logic, but always liked having elements that just unfolded without being in sync, sounds and fx. Being a trackpad jockey and mainly using my laptop, having things in key, sync'd, which has its benefits no doubt, but has encouraged a certain level of conformity, find most inspiration when I wasn't thinking about structure and just experimented. Like when I started out with a 101 hooked up to a dat machine.

• @mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

Very nice, I like the way the track unfolds, reminds me of the different phases after a gag inducing cup of mushroom tea, especially after you start reaching cruising altitude and the anxiety of the start has passed, managing to cram that all in under 8 minutes is impressive.

Did you do the video on ipad, shooting and editing? Goes well with the music, altho I'd like to see it, if I ever dabble again, still have the hunger at times and have started looking into micro-dosing. Still think the ipad has been the best platform personally for creating more musically coherent and experimental sounds, not used my air 2 much, as I needed to focus on my mixing chops for a while, my tracks sound better, but have lost an edge, not quite as personal, so I enjoyed the free roaming nature of your track.

If you ever still use logic for creating and sequencing, they have included a new feature where the tempo follows the playing and changes all the way through, I'll have to dig up a video that demonstrated it. I'd work like that on the ipad and just shoe horn things into logic, but always liked having elements that just unfolded without being in sync, sounds and fx. Being a trackpad jockey and mainly using my laptop, having things in key, sync'd, which has its benefits no doubt, but has encouraged a certain level of conformity, find most inspiration when I wasn't thinking about structure and just experimented. Like when I started out with a 101 hooked up to a dat machine.

Thanks for the comments! Yes I’d be interested to see the Logic tempo sync - will have a search for that later.

The video was shot on my iPhone SE, mostly through the Hyperspektiv app - which I love. I then layered and edited it up in Sony Vegas on my Windows PC. I’m going to use LumaFusion on the iPad for the next one though, as my 9 year old pc makes a terrific racket when rendering the final video - sounds like it’s about to take off.

Did you see the NI 50% off sale?

• @MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

Thanks for the comments! Yes I’d be interested to see the Logic tempo sync - will have a search for that later.

The video was shot on my iPhone SE, mostly through the Hyperspektiv app - which I love. I then layered and edited it up in Sony Vegas on my Windows PC. I’m going to use LumaFusion on the iPad for the next one though, as my 9 year old pc makes a terrific racket when rendering the final video - sounds like it’s about to take off.

I saw the n.i sale, but felt a sensation that could only be described as being similar to a kick in the balls, once I realised non of the upgrades were on sale, would of considered kontakt and traktor. I found the video I watched its in section 3: smart tempo, 05 midi performances reet here>>>https://ask.audio/academy?nleloc=course/3270/what-s-new-in-logic-10-4-2&sess_id=8glnmoops6o58djeud5kuv6qu0

• @mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

I saw the n.i sale, but felt a sensation that could only be described as being similar to a kick in the balls, once I realised non of the upgrades were on sale, would of considered kontakt and traktor. I found the video I watched its in section 3: smart tempo, 05 midi performances reet here>>>https://ask.audio/academy?nleloc=course/3270/what-s-new-in-logic-10-4-2&sess_id=8glnmoops6o58djeud5kuv6qu0

Thanks, I'll watch through those later.

Polygon sampler's quite a good price at the moment: https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/5-Sampler/1912-Polygon

• @MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

Thanks, I'll watch through those later.

Polygon sampler's quite a good price at the moment: https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/5-Sampler/1912-Polygon

I've got all the glitchmachines sale stuff stashed away, now all I need is a cunning plan.....

• Very nice freebie via waves for cyber monday, h-comp, say no more.

https://www.waves.com/lpn/cyber-monday-2018/free-plugin

• @Cib The impression was a Wave synth from the teaser I think Bobeats has his hands on one.

• edited December 2018

@Jumpercollins said:

@Cib The impression was a Wave synth from the teaser I think Bobeats has his hands on one.

So hardware or software. Not sure if i need another wavetable synth :D
    There are also rumors it might be a multi thing a bit like DIVA kind of build your own.
    At least there was a mention from a SEM and S&H filters...

• @Cib it looks like hardware

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @Cib it looks like hardware

Then i´m out anyway. Software is so good these days and more flexible.

• @Cib said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Then i´m out anyway. Software is so good these days and more flexible.

@easier usually on the wallet!

• @Jumpercollins said:

On KVR there is mention of that it is software several times...so then i´m back in.
    Just demo Dune 3 and it´s awesome but maybe Arturia get my vote this time.....

• edited December 2018

Time again for some awesome free stuff from Heavyocity. they do it once a year and it´s mostly very high quality stuff. This is even not included in any of their payed products.
    https://heavyocity.com/product/free-production-loops-2018/
    It is this time guitar and vocal stuff. The guitar is really great (i think also better than any iOS IAP i heard yet) but the vocal stuff is especially something i think you won´t get anytime soon in any iOS app anywhere at this quality. And it is free as wav and apple loops. So you can import and use it in your iOS app of choice as well.
    And not free but a nice synth for a dollar (again):
    https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/1558

• edited December 2018

And this year N.I. gift is there too. Recommended also because mostly there comes a big version of it for a great upgrade if you own the gift. There is also a €25 voucher as gift.

• Sonokinetic is giving away a limited number of free licenses to Ostinato Woodwinds so set up a user account there and go for it. Good luck!

https://www.sonokinetic.net/sale/

• @Cib said:
    And this year N.I. gift is there too. Recommended also because mostly there comes a big version of it for a great upgrade if you own the gift. There is also a €25 voucher as gift.

Had a quick play with it, very nice, especially for 808 sub type sounds, saw a section for user samples too. N.i do some sweet christmas gifts, still love the diffuse delay on replika, use it more than the xt version for diffuse delays.

@yowza said:
    Sonokinetic is giving away a limited number of free licenses to Ostinato Woodwinds so set up a user account there and go for it. Good luck!

https://www.sonokinetic.net/sale/

Had a mare getting my copy, kept getting 504 bad gateway error messages, finally went thru in the end tho, but didn't realise it, till I was able to log back after an age, servers must be getting hammered, worth persevering with it tho, but only a few left.

• edited December 2018

A fantastic freebie this way comes, fully featured channel strip from acustica audio, is free until valentines day next year. I bought a few things from them this year which have been exceptional, especially the newer stuff. You have to create an account on their site, download a software manager and install from there.

http://acustica-audio.com/pages/specials/acustica-audio-ceil

Link to the software manager

https://www.acustica-audio.com/pages/aquarius

• Everything from Flintpope, has been $1.00 for a while, but it looks like it will be ending soon.........
    From an e-mail received today:

LAST CALL, SAUL, FOR YOUR 2018 HAUL.

ALL STILL ONE DOLLAR. WHO KNOWS WHAT THE NEW YEAR WILL BRING SO GET CLICKING on

https://flintpope.net/2018/10/30/its-all-1-now/

• @Iso said:
    Everything from Flintpope, has been $1.00 for a while, but it looks like it will be ending soon.........

Any recommendations?

• edited January 2019

@gusgranite said:

@Iso said:
    Everything from Flintpope, has been $1.00 for a while, but it looks like it will be ending soon.........

Any recommendations?

Everything in the Flintpope catalogue is really nicely made, with a very high attention to detail. All Nick's work is a labour of love , so you can't really go wrong with any of them, especially for $1.00 each. My preference is for the Reaktor Ensembles, but that's just me , everything in this collection is very high quality. Think Spacecraft/iDensity/Tardigrain for a similar sort of vibe in ios land.......... :)

• Spitfire added another free Labs library (now 9):
    https://www.spitfireaudio.com/labs/
    A short (sorry, not well mixed thing) where i used a bit from 4 of the 9 free Labs (no extern FX used as well):

• Four Synth from Flintpope is free at the moment:

FREE FOUR!

FOUR is FREE for a while.

A warm analog-sounding synth for REAKTOR 6 that uses four different types of oscillator to create rich sounds from warm basses and pads to metallic leads and LOFI soundscapes... all via eighties style synth keyboards.

This synth has received its final update to V1.5 to include a step sequencer, a pitch sequencer/arpeggiator, a vinyl crackle effect, a noise gen and ten more presets using these new add-ons, bringing the snapshot total to 70.

Hear the new demos at the link below. The drums are from a Flintpope pack called MORE DIRT on sounds.com so you can get that there if you wish.

OSC 1 is in itself a 4-waveform oscillator that also includes a feedback loop distortion effect called "Wire" that simulates the crackling and erratic jumps in volume caused by a dodgy jack-plug in a guitar amp.

OSC 2 is a sine wave formant. This has its own simple LFO (tempo synced) that creates various warped vinyl simulations. It also features a "Mash" effect that creates various audio mess-ups between sample and hold simulation and distortion.

OSC 3 is a combo of one 8-step and two 4-step oscillators that create saw-wave/string sounds.

OSC 4 is a powerful bass (mainly) oscillator that morphs between a triangle and a sine wave.

GLOBAL FX & Controls

An LFO with three different sync options and four waveforms, phase, quantise, rate and cut-off.

VCF with cutoff (also routed via midi CC1 to your keyboard controller strip/wheel) etc...

Envelope (inc. velocity sensitivity).

Echo (delay) with various parameters inc.tempo sync button.

Glide and Chorus

Vinyl Effect

WHITE NOISE generator

Step Sequencer and Pitch Arp activated by Clock On in Reaktor or Host DAW.

Master-tune

Reverb and Master Output Level.

MIDI CC 14-29 inclusive are routed to various useful controls.

There are 70 presets in 7 banks accessible from the drop-down menu at the top of the instrument or by double-clicking "Embedded" in the presets side-pane.

View A is a dark metallic skin.

View B is a lighter ditto.

Reaktor 6.2.1 (R54) required

DEMO TUNES:

More Reaktor goodness at
    www.flintpope.net

Currently free if you enter a zero in the box online. You can donate something if you wish.

GET IT HERE https://gumroad.com/l/MghhC

• edited January 2019

G8tor Sequencer Synth.

Pay what you want.

https://www.2getheraudio.com/instruments/g8tor/

• @Jumpercollins said:
    G8tor Sequencer Synth.

Pay what you want.

https://www.2getheraudio.com/instruments/g8tor/

I think it starts at $50?

• IK Multimedia Memory V Plugin currently going free at audioplugin deals.

https://audioplugin.deals/memory-v-by-ik-multimedia-free-download/

• Not free but a bit of a bargain if you need some excellent mixing tools:

PSP Mixpack2 for $20 (+VAT) : https://sendy.acoustica.com/w/2RX0o6Of5FxvYVLwt2k4EQ?fbclid=IwAR2zpxXsLzh76AM6FaUx2C3wpvFwSutWuJ8MvkUaXadja6NUqrUV6toifFQ

...+ 45% off of Mixcraft.