Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

WISH LIST: Circuit and/or Circuit Mono Station

What would you like to see?

I would love more flexibility for midi notes and channels out of Circuit.

I would also love an iOS editor for both that you can change samples with iOS device.

What say you?

Patch flip on Circuit would be cool too.

Comments

• I’d like to see what the knobs are doing (on the ordinary Circuit).

• @RUST( i )K said:

I would also love an iOS editor for both that you can change samples with iOS device.

What say you?

Do you have Circuit Mono Station? If so, what do you think? It seemed like an awesome tool to me, and a nice progression from the first Circuit.

• @u0421793 said:
    I’d like to see what the knobs are doing (on the ordinary Circuit).

You can use a midi monitor on iOS. The led indicators are enough for me on it. My first experience with rotary encoders had absolutely no feedback in any way.

• Pitch bend from external keyboard.

• @DMan said:

@u0421793 said:

You can use a midi monitor on iOS. The led indicators are enough for me on it. My first experience with rotary encoders had absolutely no feedback in any way.

I wouldn’t be using the Circuit in the vicinity of the iPad. Are you sure a midi monitor would tell me which parameter each knob is set to?

• I would just like to see a better case, stronger knobs, and have the pads be more responsive like the Launchpad Pro. Ditch the speaker, halve the height and make it even more portable.

For me, the fact Circuit has no display and the knob assignments are somewhat random is what makes it so damn fun to use. It forces you to use only your ears and play around, never quite 100% sure of what kind of results you're going to get.

• @Tarekith said:
    I would just like to see a better case, stronger knobs, and have the pads be more responsive like the Launchpad Pro. Ditch the speaker, halve the height and make it even more portable.

For me, the fact Circuit has no display and the knob assignments are somewhat random is what makes it so damn fun to use. It forces you to use only your ears and play around, never quite 100% sure of what kind of results you're going to get.

First wife.

• Hard to beat the Circuit. Such a fun instrument. I think Sample import is a bitch but it's constantly updated with big new features and once you get a handle of it the workflow is so quick.

• @u0421793 said:

@DMan said:

@u0421793 said:

I wouldn’t be using the Circuit in the vicinity of the iPad. Are you sure a midi monitor would tell me which parameter each knob is set to?

Yeah, if you turn off the real time clock send then you’ll actually be able to read what each knob is set to. The RT clock will send constant info and overtake anything else on the screen. Once that is done, you’ll be able to see MIDI channel, MIDI CC, and value of every parameter in real time as you turn it.

• I’d like circuit to have eight midi tracks, visual feedback for the knobs, keys, and lose the sound engine and add loads of I/O instead so I can use it to sequence other stuff........Oh wait !

Patch flip would be cool if a bit hairy :D And definitely an iOS version of components for editing.

• edited November 2018

My only remaining FRs for Circuit would be reverse ,pitch-shift and time stretch a pattern :)

• Love it to pieces. I have the beatstep pro as well but use it a lot less. The circuit is much more tactile and lovely. Smooth knobs and lovely synth engine.

The thing that annoys me the most is that when I want to change a note in a multi bar sequence I have to select that bar and in doing that the sequence is forgotten. Grrr. If I could, for example shift select the bar for editing and maintain the multi bar pattern that would be tops.

I also would like
    Reverse samples
    Automation of start point, etc
    Transpose whole multi bar sequence
    and of course ...

components for iOS is #1

The great thing is how much work has gone into regular amazing updates. Its one of the groovebox success stories for sure

• edited November 2018

I like that the Circuit MonoStation has cv in and out. I'd love to get one used but I'm just not in the synth buying phase now. I'd have to lose my BassStation 2 for it.

• @Richtowns said:

The thing that annoys me the most is that when I want to change a note in a multi bar sequence I have to select that bar and in doing that the sequence is forgotten. Grrr. If I could, for example shift select the bar for editing and maintain the multi bar pattern that would be tops.

There is a trick for this......but you have to be quick.

While the sequence is playing, once it gets to the bar you wish to edit, hit one of the step buttons and keep it held, all the time you are holding a step button you will be editing that same bar, so if you want to change which step you are editing press the new step and hold it BEFORE letting go of the first held one.
    A bit fiddly, but at least you don't lose your sequence, and of course it's only good for step editing.

• Oh wow! Thanks, that sounds handy @AndyPlankton

• edited November 2018
    1. Play sample as long as button is pressed.
    2. Note repeat or arp.
  • edited November 2018

Any improvements or additions to the fx section would be nice. Maybe a mode where you could edit recorded macro automations by step, increase/decrease/clear/add-new them (while stopped).

• @kinkujin said:

@RUST( i )K said:

What say you?

Do you have Circuit Mono Station? If so, what do you think? It seemed like an awesome tool to me, and a nice progression from the first Circuit.

I just got it.

I am finding it a GREAT addition.

It allows me to use the Circuit more than "make it all work on Circuit.....

Sometimes audio gets crowded on Circuit due to one audio channel out....so it is nice to have the new synth sound from another source.

Plus Love the set sequencer and so fimilirar with it is awesome.

I am learning the mod sequence thing at moment.

• @supadom said:
    1. Play sample as long as button is pressed.
    2. Note repeat or arp.

Throw in reverse for samples

• @RUST( i )K said:

@kinkujin said:

@RUST( i )K said:

What say you?

I just got it.

Sometimes audio gets crowded on Circuit due to one audio channel out....so it is nice to have the new synth sound from another source.

Yay! Look forward to hearing more about it. Not being a live player it isn't a necessity for me, but necessity never stopped me before.

• @kinkujin said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@kinkujin said:

@RUST( i )K said:

What say you?

I just got it.

Yay! Look forward to hearing more about it. Not being a live player it isn't a necessity for me, but necessity never stopped me before.

It has "freed" me up creatively.

Less IOS demands along with more flexibility on Circuit.

Using MONO for Bass/ARP/and Perc at moment with Circuit, 2 iPads for sound, third for controlling Mono, MacBook and Ableton is main set up.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@kinkujin said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@kinkujin said:

@RUST( i )K said:

What say you?

I just got it.

Using MONO for Bass/ARP/and Perc at moment with Circuit, 2 iPads for sound, third for controlling Mono, MacBook and Ableton is main set up.

So, is this a "live" set up or for recording, or both? It's got to be a great light show.

• @kinkujin said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@kinkujin said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@kinkujin said:

@RUST( i )K said:

What say you?

I just got it.

So, is this a "live" set up or for recording, or both? It's got to be a great light show.

Both

At the moment.

Looking at a drum machine like a Korg or Arturia Drumbrute as well.

• I WOULD LOVE THE THIRD "mod" sequence to be used for a third audio out channel of synth for percs/drums.

Novation....odd that as holidays approach instead of new packs or features on the apps I am noticing "Re-releases" of old packs.......wonder what that is about.

Hopefully so busy with new great things that no time for new packs....

OR NOT.

• Latch features for both

• @RUST( i )K said:

@kinkujin said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@kinkujin said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@kinkujin said:

@RUST( i )K said:

What say you?

I just got it.

Both

At the moment.

Looking at a drum machine like a Korg or Arturia Drumbrute as well.

I instantly wanted the Drumbrute. Still do. But, won't get it.