Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Export audio loops with tempo info

I have recorded some audio that I want to trim and mark with tempo metadata so that BeatHawk (and other apps) will see them as loops they can tempo sync.

Bonus points if slice markers can be created/exported with the loop, too.

I have seen an Audio Dabbler tutorial showing how to do it with BM2.

What other apps can do it?

Comments

• @espiegel123 said:
    I have recorded some audio that I want to trim and mark with tempo metadata so that BeatHawk (and other apps) will see them as loops they can tempo sync.

I know that acidized files can tempo sync in Beathawk.. But no iOS app that I know of that can create acid files (I used FL Studio)..
    I wonder if Stagelight can do it?

• BM2 was able to do it. So maybe there are others?

• wimwim
    edited November 2018

BM3 can export sliced loops as Apple Loops (.aiff) files. This includes tempo and slice markers. These can be used as loops, or sliced instruments in BeatHawk. They can also be used in GarageBand.

• Thanks @wim

Are there any other apps that can do it such as Reslice or any of the sampler apps?

• my wish for softDrummer

• In Cubasis, you can set tempo of an audio event in its editor so it syncs/stretches when project tempo is changed

• Thanks. I am looking for an app that exports such audio so that apps like BeatHawk and GarageBand that know about audio loops ("acidized" files as it were) will do the right thing.

@MobileMusic said:
    In Cubasis, you can set tempo of an audio event in its editor so it syncs/stretches when project tempo is changed

• @espiegel123 said:

TwistedWave

• @RUST( i )K said:

@espiegel123 said:

TwistedWave

How do you do it in Twisted Wave? I can’t see how to set a tempo in it. When I Export as aiff from Twisted Wave and import it in BeatHawk, it is seen as a standard one-shot sample with no embedded tempo/loop info and the markers aren’t seen as slices. Is there some special option in Twisted Wave that I missed?

• @espiegel123 said:
    Thanks @wim

Are there any other apps that can do it such as Reslice or any of the sampler apps?

ReSlice only exports the individual slices, or a zipped file containing all of them. Very handy, but not what you’re looking for. I don’t know of any other iOS app that does it other than BM3, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t any.

• what about beat twirl?

• Anyone have experience with Beat Twirl? It sounds like it might do this, but the reviews are very mixed.

• @espiegel123 I don't think twistedwave can do that.

BM3 can do it very well. Just tested it with a rockDM 4 bar loop, sliced it with the new beat detection, saved as AIFF, imported into beathawk and it was tempo syncing great. plus with the slices, you can convert it to pitch and can play the individual slices in beathawk as well.

• @gmslayton said:
    @espiegel123 I don't think twistedwave can do that.

BM3 can do it very well. Just tested it with a rockDM 4 bar loop, sliced it with the new beat detection, saved as AIFF, imported into beathawk and it was tempo syncing great. plus with the slices, you can convert it to pitch and can play the individual slices in beathawk as well.

Yep, works great.

• Tx for the info. Does one need any of the IAPs in BM3 to do this?

I would love to find a less expensive alternative than BM3 for this -- since this would be pretty much the only thing that I would do with it. (I am sure it is a great app -- but I've got too many apps that I haven't mastered to spend time learning its full features set).

@gmslayton said:

• @espiegel123 said:
    Tx for the info. Does one need any of the IAPs in BM3 to do this?

I would love to find a less expensive alternative than BM3 for this -- since this would be pretty much the only thing that I would do with it. (I am sure it is a great app -- but I've got too many apps that I haven't mastered to spend time learning its full features set).

@gmslayton said:

Nope. IAPs in BM3 are only for content packs.

• @espiegel123 said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@espiegel123 said:

TwistedWave

How do you do it in Twisted Wave? I can’t see how to set a tempo in it. When I Export as aiff from Twisted Wave and import it in BeatHawk, it is seen as a standard one-shot sample with no embedded tempo/loop info and the markers aren’t seen as slices. Is there some special option in Twisted Wave that I missed?

Fuck

I know it does meta data I assumed BPM never checked though.

Sorry

• I have the same question. How to make loops with embedded tempo (and slice) info.
    That way they sync up in Beathawk, regardless of where you set the tempo.

Something besides beatmaker 3

• @Optahealth said:
    I have the same question. How to make loops with embedded tempo (and slice) info.
    That way they sync up in Beathawk, regardless of where you set the tempo.

Something besides beatmaker 3

Auditor does it now, too, with its Slice Editor.