Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stagelight is live on the App Store!

Comments

• The work flow is nice for some - it’s why I like this one. Building loops then recording to timeline. GarageBand and BM3 both do this as well, but GB has way too many screen changes, and BM3 only records to timeline via audio rather than midi. It’s a simpler DAW than BM3 but for getting stuff done that’s sometimes a good thing. There’s some features that I’m glad are coming, but I’m able to get busy already.

• I’m truly impressed.

• Wow. That's an awful lot of app for 15 bucks.

• @MatthewAtStagelight Hi Matthew, could you please add to your roadmap something? In the list of AU plugins it currently shows all of the Apple system AU’s. Could you please hide these?

• I wasn’t convinced until last night when I realized how good the integration with Roli blocks is. I can change scale from the block itself which is a very nice touch.

The UI is different but I’m coming around to it. It’s a fun little piece of kit so far and a bargain for $15.

• Looking and sounding great.

• @robertreynolds said:
    I wasn’t convinced until last night when I realized how good the integration with Roli blocks is. I can change scale from the block itself which is a very nice touch.

The UI is different but I’m coming around to it. It’s a fun little piece of kit so far and a bargain for $15.

And the blocks change with what type of track you have in focus.

• edited November 2018

Does anyone know how to edit the velocity of each note in the piano roll? I’m trying to send different velocity notes to troublemaker to trigger Accents.

Edit: please don’t tell me that all programmed notes are at a fixed velocity?

• So what happens to IOS AUv3 instruments if you move a project off onto one of the desktop versions? I'm assuming that you'd have to render those tracks to audio before transferring.

• @pauly said:
    So what happens to IOS AUv3 instruments if you move a project off onto one of the desktop versions? I'm assuming that you'd have to render those tracks to audio before transferring.

Correct or they will show as missing tracks.

• @sdesign said:
    Does anyone know how to edit the velocity of each note in the piano roll? I’m trying to send different velocity notes to troublemaker to trigger Accents.

• Deleted :D B) o:) :s :p

• edited November 2018

@tja said:

Deleted :D B) o:) :s :p

That’s the only way they have to recognize you in cross-platform installations. You are not tied to the AppStore only as other apps, any credits available in your account are valid in any platform.

• @Rodolfo said:

@sdesign said:

Thank you!!

• @Rodolfo said:

@tja said:

That’s the only way they have to recognize you in cross-platform installations. You are not tied to the AppStore only as other apps, any credits available in your account are valid in any platform.

Then, they should require a login IF and WHEN i plan to do something “cross platform” (which i will not do in 1000 years anyway) and not, when i try to get an impression about the App on my iPad.
    This is a stupid design, i would say.

Even if i would love the App and pay those hefty 150(?) Euro, it should be enough to pay that on iOS!!!
    Requiring a login, instead just means “delete”.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@pauly said:
    So what happens to IOS AUv3 instruments if you move a project off onto one of the desktop versions? I'm assuming that you'd have to render those tracks to audio before transferring.

@Jumpercollins said:

@pauly said:

@Jumpercollins : Isn’t that what happens to auv3 when you try tonexport them though?

• edited November 2018

@sdesign said:

@Rodolfo said:

@sdesign said:

Thank you!!

Even better, choose the paint tool and you are able to change velocity by select/sliding vertically up and down on the note. Or choose in the same tool pop up the multi select tool and use velocity knob to change multi selected notes at the same time.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@MatthewAtStagelight said:
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Matt Presley and I'm the product manager for Stagelight. We're super busy today with the launch, but I'll be going through this entire thread and posting replies to the questions.

A few things first, on pricing

We sell what we call Platform Unlocks and the Ultimate bundle
    Platform Unlocks:
    These enables all supported features for the platform you're on. For example, if you buy the iOS Unlock V4 for $14.99, you get every Stagelight feature (including AUv3 support) unlocked on all of your iOS devices. We also include store credits to buy additional Preset or Loop packs from our store. Store credits can be used on any supported platform too, so if you download Stagelight on you Mac or PC you can use your purchased credits there!

Pricing per platform is as follows:

iOS $14.99 (includes 10 Store Credits)
    Android: $14.99 (includes 10 Store Credits)
    Windows: $49.99 (includes 30 Store Credits)
    macOS: $49.99 (includes 30 Store Credits)

Ultimate Bundle:
    This includes all unlocks on all platforms (win, mac, android and iOS). Buy it once get it everywhere. It also includes an additional feature called StorePass which gives you all 120+ ($700+ value) in-app Loop and Preset packs in our store today, plus access to all new packs we're developing/releasing regularly, up until we release version 5.0 (which should come out around a year from now).

We'll of course also be updating Stagelight 4 regularly with new features. AudioBus and IAA support are planned, along with a lot of other things!

Stay tuned!

@MatthewAtStagelight great to hear Audiobus and IAA support is planned. Please squeeze in Link and AU midi support please.

+1 Here for Ableton Link............ and AU midi..

Congrats..

• edited November 2018

@sdesign said:
    @MatthewAtStagelight Hi Matthew, could you please add to your roadmap something? In the list of AU plugins it currently shows all of the Apple system AU’s. Could you please hide these?

@sdesign said:
    @MatthewAtStagelight Hi Matthew, could you please add to your roadmap something? In the list of AU plugins it currently shows all of the Apple system AU’s. Could you please hide these?

Please don’t hide them as they actually are real AUs which function. Perhaps different ways to sort (e.g. apeMatrix) or favorite AUs to customize how we access them?

• @InfoCheck said:

@sdesign said:

@sdesign said:

Please don’t hide them as they actually are real AUs which function. Perhaps different ways to sort or favorite AUs to customize how we access them?

Agree. Maybe another grouping in the menu, but don’t hide them!

• @Rodolfo said:

@InfoCheck said:

@sdesign said:

@sdesign said:

Please don’t hide them as they actually are real AUs which function. Perhaps different ways to sort or favorite AUs to customize how we access them?

Agree. Maybe another grouping in the menu, but don’t hide them!

Agreed why hide them, they are AU and could be used, may be a option to sort by manufacturers would be nice.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@ocelot said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Transfer of songs between devices is super smooth just hit the funny 3 dot symbol top middle of the screen and hit transfer song. Chrome books currently are not supported.

Thanks! Found it. So if Stagelight is open on both devices and they're both on the same network, it'll transfer over.
    This is getting better by the minute.

Yes you got it just be aware though to turn you midi tracks into audio tracks first especially if on windows as VST don’t work on iPad and AU apps don’t work on windows desktop you just get a notification saying missing instrument where the track was.

Never owned a MacBook so not sure how it works with them.

Ahh, that makes sense! Render to audio first before transfering the Song to the other platform. Thanks Jumpercollins!
    So AUv3 on iOS isn't the same as AU on MacOS? Like Sunrizer?

@Rodolfo said:

What does the Move knob do? Is it like micro timing nudging? What's the resolution? Thanks! :)

• @tja said:

@Rodolfo said:

@tja said:

Then, they should require a login IF and WHEN i plan to do something “cross platform” (which i will not do in 1000 years anyway) and not, when i try to get an impression about the App on my iPad.
    This is a stupid design, i would say.

Even if i would love the App and pay those hefty 150(?) Euro, it should be enough to pay that on iOS!!!
    Requiring a login, instead just means “delete”.

@tja much respect your opinion but you are wrong about the login stuff . It can’t be an option for users because the app is already designed as cross-platform.

• @MatthewAtStagelight good to see you here. Congrats on the launch. We have a lot to say for ourselves, but it's (mostly) meant constructively :)

• edited November 2018

@Rodolfo said:

What does the Move knob do? Is it like micro timing nudging? What's the resolution? Thanks! :)

It micro-moves the note left/right. I don’t know the resolution, but just moving it very slowly I believe I could count more than 100 ppqn.

• Hey Everyone. Some @ mentions to some previous posts below. Let me know what I need to clarify on.

Purchasing and Upgrades
    @Mark B For desktop platforms (macOS and Windows), we bypass our credit system and sell items outright by allowing users to just use their credit card. All transactions are processed securely through PayPal and any item you buy, such as a Loop or Preset pack can be used on any other platform. This is why the macOS version is only available on our site and not in the Mac App Store. Apple requires us to exclusively sell the iOS Unlock in-app through their payment system the App Store (which is what we do on iOS today. Credits purchased made on iOS or Android can be used on any platform and there is no rule against that.

As for upgrades: Owners of previous versions (including our first ios beta testers) will see a discounted price on our features in our in-app store. Upgrade pricing starts at $4.99 for Android (iOS beta users) and goes up from there based on what version and platform users own.

Automation Improvements
    @sdesign @InfoCheck Some recording automation improvements are coming in 4.01 which is coming soon. Any VST or AU plugins that report their parameters correctly should be able to have them recorded as automation in patterns or on the timeline.

Videos, Manual and Support
    @Telstar5 Videos are coming are are the current priority. We'll get to a manual at some point too.

Roadmap and Feature Requests
    @Jumpercollins We've already started on AU MIDI support, Audiobus and IAA as you know are planned. I'd estimate those would start showing up around 4.1.

More to come later.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @MatthewAtStagelight good to see you here. Congrats on the launch. We have a lot to say for ourselves, but it's (mostly) meant constructively :)

Many thanks! While we love all kinds of kinds of feedback, I'm most interested in things we can do better at. This community is proving to be great at that and I'm happy to be here! Keep it coming!

• @MatthewAtStagelight thank you for being on top this and updating us. Do you know which SFZ specs StageLight 4 supports?

• edited November 2018

@MatthewAtStagelight said:
    Hey Everyone. Some @ mentions to some previous posts below. Let me know what I need to clarify on.

Purchasing and Upgrades
    @Mark B For desktop platforms (macOS and Windows), we bypass our credit system and sell items outright by allowing users to just use their credit card. All transactions are processed securely through PayPal and any item you buy, such as a Loop or Preset pack can be used on any other platform. This is why the macOS version is only available on our site and not in the Mac App Store. Apple requires us to exclusively sell the iOS Unlock in-app through their payment system the App Store (which is what we do on iOS today. Credits purchased made on iOS or Android can be used on any platform and there is no rule against that.

As for upgrades: Owners of previous versions (including our first ios beta testers) will see a discounted price on our features in our in-app store. Upgrade pricing starts at $4.99 for Android (iOS beta users) and goes up from there based on what version and platform users own.

Automation Improvements
    @sdesign @InfoCheck Some recording automation improvements are coming in 4.01 which is coming soon. Any VST or AU plugins that report their parameters correctly should be able to have them recorded as automation in patterns or on the timeline.

Videos, Manual and Support
    @Telstar5 Videos are coming are are the current priority. We'll get to a manual at some point too.

Roadmap and Feature Requests
    @Jumpercollins We've already started on AU MIDI support, Audiobus and IAA as you know are planned. I'd estimate those would start showing up around 4.1.

More to come later.

@MatthewAtStagelight Thanks for the info!

Your app is awesome, glad to know record automation is coming soon. Will this let you record automation for the built in instruments and drum machine too?

Really looking forward to IAA support too, will really open it up to all third party apps!

Did you see my request regarding the Apple system AU’s? Could those be presented in a different folder to the third party AU’s? At the moment they all appear together in one long list so it’s hard to find my third party AU’s. you could also add the icons for the third party AU’s to make it even better!