Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopfield : a loop generator based on field recording

Comments

• What's the maximum recording length per loop?

• 4 bars off the top of my head, not sure about minutes and seconds though, sorry.

• @Tarekith said:
    4 bars off the top of my head, not sure about minutes and seconds though, sorry.

That's cool thanks, I guess by slowing down the BPM you can extend the sample time.

• Man between this and Ruismaker Noir I’m in techno loop making heaven.

• Does this have AU support and can be in instrument or FX slot in AUM ?

• No AU and cannot be inserted in AUM. The purpose of this app is soundwalking. It is good for this and inspiring. The « grains » are good quality. It is really just to create some cool (and short) loops with whatever is around you (and make noise)

• edited November 2018

This App is acting strange on my iPhone 6s plus. No sound when i use a bluetooth headphone (JBL E-series). Earplugs does work. When i want to playback the recorded sound without headphone, i hear a faint sound. On closer examination, the sound comes from the mic ?!.

PS: Ios 12.0.1

• @Approach said:
    Man between this and Ruismaker Noir I’m in techno loop making heaven.

Exactly. I’ve been trying to dig deep into organic / tech house music and both of these are really inspiring me.

• I like the look of this, the only thing keeping me on the fence is the loop length - it looks really short in the vids. I’d be interested to see or hear anything using longer loops.

• @MonzoPro I'd say the loop length is one drawback of the app. It is short and I have bumped into it.

• I think the intention is short rhythmic loops with the on-board effects and gating adding some special flavor, not for long loops. In that context it’s great. I have also used time stretching on them after the fact for additional possibilities.

• Any YT reviews yet?

• So is speed and convenience the key feature here? What would normally take a few apps (looper + FX apps) can now be done in one?

• @gusgranite said:
    So is speed and convenience the key feature here? What would normally take a few apps (looper + FX apps) can now be done in one?

Yes.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    @MonzoPro I'd say the loop length is one drawback of the app. It is short and I have bumped into it.

Thanks for the feedback.

Hmm, I might have to pass, as I like a longer loop length than the one in the vids - I lose interest very quickly, listening to music with short loops.

Shame, as it’d be a really useful app for me otherwise.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@gusgranite said:
    So is speed and convenience the key feature here? What would normally take a few apps (looper + FX apps) can now be done in one?

Yes.

Thx

• I think it’s pretty cool. Pair up a bunch of loops and Noir and you’ve got something.

• I had high hopes for this but I find it very unusable.

• The technical aspects of this hit the nail on the head for me, if they can just tweak that sample length then I’m in.

• @sysexual said:
    I had high hopes for this but I find it very unusable.

How so?

• I hope they maintain this. It’s great for tweaking and modifying parameters to create variations of a sample. A couple of requests for the dev though.

1. Put the BPM in the saved sample name.
    2. Allow an imported drum loop to be deleted
    3. Provide an easy way to listen to the recorded paused sample without any effects applied.
  • @robertreynolds said:
    I hope they maintain this. It’s great for tweaking and modifying parameters to create variations of a sample. A couple of requests for the dev though.

3. Provide an easy way to listen to the recorded paused sample without any effects applied.

Dev has a roadmap. It includes #1, AB support, increased sample length, possibly AU.

• Purchased in hopes that some of these ideas are implemented. Great potential here.

• @anickt said:

@robertreynolds said:
    I hope they maintain this. It’s great for tweaking and modifying parameters to create variations of a sample. A couple of requests for the dev though.

Dev has a roadmap. It includes #1, AB support, increased sample length, possibly AU.

Good to hear.

• @anickt said:

@robertreynolds said:

nice

• Being able to live sample in AUM with this would be great for streaming radio sampling.

• He's already at work improving and refining the app. I think there have already been 3 beta updates since launch. I like to grab a quick bar with some of his easy to set granular effects, then export directly into RE-1 for some time-stretching and more delay effects.

• 4 bars?
    a small and extremely limited world to play in...

• @Mayo said:
    4 bars?
    a small and extremely limited world to play in...

Orson Welles once said that absence of limitations was the enemy of art.