Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stagelight is live on the App Store!

Comments

• @Halftone said:

@echoopera said:
    i dunno. I’m not feeling the workflow. I downloaded the Free version and started a quick little song...lots of tapping around. Feels like a desktop workflow brought to a touch device.

I’ll keep watching this space but so far I’ll stay on the sidelines.

First week of December is almost here ya know

Feeling the same here..

I think your desktop/flow feel is about right, but I'm enjoying the fiddle. Only problem/issue is that about 15 or 20 minutes in (and this has happened three times so far) I find myself thinking: Why aren't you making something new in BM3 right now....?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Halftone said:

@echoopera said:
    i dunno. I’m not feeling the workflow. I downloaded the Free version and started a quick little song...lots of tapping around. Feels like a desktop workflow brought to a touch device.

Feeling the same here..

I think your desktop/flow feel is about right, but I'm enjoying the fiddle. Only problem/issue is that about 15 or 20 minutes in (and this has happened three times so far) I find myself thinking: Why aren't you making something new in BM3 right now....?

....been in BM3 since. I do like SL tho. Promising release and looking forward to how this develops. Clip launching and Sampleverse being my highlights.

• edited November 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Halftone said:

@echoopera said:

Feeling the same here..

Because Stagelight seems promising for new features (beside bug fixes), plus there is way better scene mode and a step sequencer.

Which desktop non-optimized-for-touch-workflow are you talking about?

• I personally think it feels clunky. Good features but missing some obvious stuff like recording automation.

• edited November 2018

@sdesign said:
    I personally think it feels clunky. Good features but missing some obvious stuff like recording automation.

Which automation can’t be recorded ? volume ,filter for example can

• edited November 2018

@sdesign said:
    I personally think it feels clunky. Good features but missing some obvious stuff like recording automation.

You can draw in automation for many parameters. I anticipate them expanding the functionality of their initial offering.

Including exposed AU parameters

• @Korakios said:

@sdesign said:

@Korakios said:

@sdesign said:

You can’t record any automation, you can only draw it in

• @sdesign said:

@Korakios said:

@sdesign said:

@Korakios said:

@sdesign said:

I anticipate heavy user demand for being able to record automation too and that the developers will add it in. I think the app was released prematurely due to trying to get the Android, iOS, Windows, and macOS releases for version 4 of StageLight all in sync. The speed with which the developers added the current AU functionality to the app based upon the feedback from their beta testers is very encouraging for me. It seems reasonable for some users to hold back and wait to see how everything shakes out with StageLight 4 before investing in it.

• @sdesign said:

@Korakios said:

@sdesign said:

@Korakios said:

@sdesign said:

Press record , move the controller or touch and automation / movement is recorded .
    Simple .
    Will check AU automation if this is what you are talking about .
    Low/high pass filter is a bit unstable on rec

• Version 4 & for Mac and PC is out $49 with $30 credits.

• @Korakios said:

@sdesign said:

@Korakios said:

@sdesign said:

@Korakios said:

@sdesign said:

Press record , move the controller or touch and automation / movement is recorded .
    Simple .

Tried that, doesn’t work for me

• edited November 2018

Maybe these who got in early and brought version 3 actually got a bargain. For some strange reason you only get $10 credit if you buy Mac and $30 for Windows! I think our stick on 3.6 for now as basically your only paying for SampleVerse.

• edited November 2018

@sdesign said:

@Korakios said:

@sdesign said:

@Korakios said:

@sdesign said:

@Korakios said:

@sdesign said:

Simple .

Send a bug report , maybe it has to do with unlock , iOS version, device .....

For AU haven’t found a way , it’s seems also impossible to assign midi cc , unless I miss something.

• @Mark B said:

@McDtracy said:

FYI: The purchases are all in their store so there won't be the Apple iTunes refunds available: just a heads up. They bypass the Apple Store with free Apps and sell the unlocks in their store.

How have they managed to do that?

Sorry.

I paid for the Mac OS X unlock which did NOT use the App Store credentials. It required entry of a credit card or Paypal credentials. Then I was granted store credits so my IOS unlock was just using those credits and bypassing the App Store.

So, it makes sense that if I had used IOS for payment then I would have seen the App Store involved in my cash payment.

Going forward I could buy credits on my Mac and still avoid having the Apple Store involved and use those credits on my iPad or iPhone.

• @McDtracy said:

@Mark B said:

@McDtracy said:

FYI: The purchases are all in their store so there won't be the Apple iTunes refunds available: just a heads up. They bypass the Apple Store with free Apps and sell the unlocks in their store.

How have they managed to do that?

Sorry.

I paid for the Mac OS X unlock which did NOT use the App Store credentials. It required entry of a credit card or Paypal credentials. Then I was granted store credits so my IOS unlock was just using those credits and bypassing the App Store.

So, it makes sense that if I had used IOS for payment then I would have seen the App Store involved in my cash payment.

Going forward I could buy credits on my Mac and still avoid having the Apple Store involved and use those credits on my iPad or iPhone.

So it seems Apple is losing out of their 30% cut to unlock the full app.

• edited November 2018

@Korakios said:

@sdesign said:

@Korakios said:

@sdesign said:

@Korakios said:

@sdesign said:

Simple .

So I tested it on the Low/high pass filter and your right it does record that parameter as well as volume, pan etc. What I can’t get it to do is record automation of a synth or drum parameter e.g. ElectroSynth’s filter parameters

• @sdesign said:

@Korakios said:

@sdesign said:

@Korakios said:

@sdesign said:

@Korakios said:

@sdesign said:

Simple .

I was able to connect my QuNexus keyboard and record the mod and pitch wheel automation to the track. The screen shot shows settings for the MIDI on the instrument track.

• edited November 2018

@Halftone said:

@echoopera said:

Feeling the same here..

@echoopera @Halftone
    Ditto here.. Not really feeling the sound either. No manual to speak of or video support. Hurry, December

• Hello everyone.have a couple of questions about the undo/redo button.plese watch the video for better understanding

• edited November 2018

..> @sdesign said:

@Korakios said:

@sdesign said:

@Korakios said:

@sdesign said:

@Korakios said:

@sdesign said:

Simple .

So I tested it on the Low/high pass filter and your right it does record that parameter as well as volume, pan etc. What I can’t get it to do is record automation of a synth or drum parameter e.g. ElectroSynth’s filter parameters

Automation improvements are planned for the next update . It’s what I read (on the beta forum) and have no idea what will be included.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Maybe these who got in early and brought version 3 actually got a bargain. For some strange reason you only get $10 credit if you buy Mac and $30 for Windows! I think our stick on 3.6 for now as basically your only paying for SampleVerse.

@Jumpercollins said:
    Version 4 & for Mac and PC is out $49 with $30 credits.

What on earth does this mean? This is like trying to buy a flight with a bargain airline. It SEEMS cheap but I keep getting upsold.

• The iOS unlock is $15.

• @Paa89 said:
    Hello everyone.have a couple of questions about the undo/redo button.plese watch the video for better understanding

Bug, weird didn’t happened on the beta ....

• Hi Everyone,

My name is Matt Presley and I'm the product manager for Stagelight. We're super busy today with the launch, but I'll be going through this entire thread and posting replies to the questions.

A few things first, on pricing

We sell what we call Platform Unlocks and the Ultimate bundle
    Platform Unlocks:
    These enables all supported features for the platform you're on. For example, if you buy the iOS Unlock V4 for $14.99, you get every Stagelight feature (including AUv3 support) unlocked on all of your iOS devices. We also include store credits to buy additional Preset or Loop packs from our store. Store credits can be used on any supported platform too, so if you download Stagelight on you Mac or PC you can use your purchased credits there!

Pricing per platform is as follows:

iOS $14.99 (includes 10 Store Credits)
    Android: $14.99 (includes 10 Store Credits)
    Windows: $49.99 (includes 30 Store Credits)
    macOS: $49.99 (includes 30 Store Credits)

Ultimate Bundle:
    This includes all unlocks on all platforms (win, mac, android and iOS). Buy it once get it everywhere. It also includes an additional feature called StorePass which gives you all 120+ ($700+ value) in-app Loop and Preset packs in our store today, plus access to all new packs we're developing/releasing regularly, up until we release version 5.0 (which should come out around a year from now).

We'll of course also be updating Stagelight 4 regularly with new features. AudioBus and IAA support are planned, along with a lot of other things!

Stay tuned!

• @MatthewAtStagelight thanks Matt and best of luck :)

• Liking it so far.here is a mini track I made in Stagelight.oh something really nice is that when you use AudioLayer as and au you can browse through presets with arrows something I haven’t yet come across with other daws.😍
    (https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/5p/eetebyg0xlqj.png "")

• I put a support ticket in regarding adding support for MIDI AU’s and recording automation, and I received a reply within the hour!

“These are features that we have on the road map for future release, please stay turned to our news letter and social media.”

• @MatthewAtStagelight said:
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Matt Presley and I'm the product manager for Stagelight. We're super busy today with the launch, but I'll be going through this entire thread and posting replies to the questions.

A few things first, on pricing

We sell what we call Platform Unlocks and the Ultimate bundle
    Platform Unlocks:
    These enables all supported features for the platform you're on. For example, if you buy the iOS Unlock V4 for $14.99, you get every Stagelight feature (including AUv3 support) unlocked on all of your iOS devices. We also include store credits to buy additional Preset or Loop packs from our store. Store credits can be used on any supported platform too, so if you download Stagelight on you Mac or PC you can use your purchased credits there!

Pricing per platform is as follows:

iOS $14.99 (includes 10 Store Credits)
    Android: $14.99 (includes 10 Store Credits)
    Windows: $49.99 (includes 30 Store Credits)
    macOS: $49.99 (includes 30 Store Credits)

Ultimate Bundle:
    This includes all unlocks on all platforms (win, mac, android and iOS). Buy it once get it everywhere. It also includes an additional feature called StorePass which gives you all 120+ ($700+ value) in-app Loop and Preset packs in our store today, plus access to all new packs we're developing/releasing regularly, up until we release version 5.0 (which should come out around a year from now).

We'll of course also be updating Stagelight 4 regularly with new features. AudioBus and IAA support are planned, along with a lot of other things!

Stay tuned!

@MatthewAtStagelight great to hear Audiobus and IAA support is planned. Please squeeze in Link and AU midi support please.

• edited November 2018

@MathewAtStagelight: Thanks for checking in. How ‘bout a proper manual and /or tutorial videos besides the built in lessons?