Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopfield : a loop generator based on field recording

Comments

• This is something different than looptunes,quanti and loopy (don’t own the others)

This app is constantly recording and making short loops that you hear some small length of time after you hear a certain noise or say a word etc etc.

It has decay on the loops so at any time the oldest loop is fading out and the newest is fading in. You hear a loop you like and freeze it, and can then export that loop.

Export was broken last time I tried but I haven’t grabbed that update onto my iPad yet. Looking forward to this app!

• edited June 2018

Well done! Goes into the direction of the Koma field kit, https://koma-elektronik.com/?product=field-kit

Lots of people do like apps like these to get original sounds. I like for example aa site like this one a lot: soundsurvey.org.uk

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    This is something different than looptunes,quanti and loopy (don’t own the others)

This app is constantly recording and making short loops that you hear some small length of time after you hear a certain noise or say a word etc etc.

It has decay on the loops so at any time the oldest loop is fading out and the newest is fading in. You hear a loop you like and freeze it, and can then export that loop.

Export was broken last time I tried but I haven’t grabbed that update onto my iPad yet. Looking forward to this app!

Ah, OK.
    Thanks a bunch!

• Export recordings seems to be working fine here with the new update.

• Will be getting this I think. What is the ‘preview it with your own beat’ about?- does it import loops as well? Or does it have a drum sequencer or what is it?

• Really enjoying this, any news on release date? Seemed really stable in the current beta.

• Deff wanna try this, this is exactly the stuff I'm into

• Any news on when this app will hit the appstore?

• @greengrocer said:
    Any news on when this app will hit the appstore?

• Hello
    The final app will be released end of September.
    The next beta version (0.7) will be released tomorrow.
    :)

• @Quent_Reflow said:
    Hello

thank you, are there any videos out for it ?

• @kobamoto said:

@Quent_Reflow said:
    Hello

+1 Can't wait ;)

• edited July 2018

What’s the difference between this and Fieldscaper ?

• @kobamoto said:

@Quent_Reflow said:
    Hello

A series of videos will be released in the following weeks.

@Telstar5 said:

Fieldscaper is a more like a sound editor, an app you work with in your studio. Loopfield is designed to catch sounds on the fly in the street, in a bar, in a concert, in a zoo .... It records constantly and allows to preview the current sound with a beat. When you like a loop generated by the app, you can freeze it, and then save it.

• is this still to be released this month?

• @Quent_Reflow said:

@kobamoto said:

@Quent_Reflow said:
    Hello

@Telstar5 said:

Fieldscaper is a more like a sound editor, an app you work with in your studio. Loopfield is designed to catch sounds on the fly in the street, in a bar, in a concert, in a zoo .... It records constantly and allows to preview the current sound with a beat. When you like a loop generated by the app, you can freeze it, and then save it.

Are there controls for soundinput? The standard iPhone/ iPad microphones handle peak levels pretty bad.

• @mannix said:

@Quent_Reflow said:

@kobamoto said:

@Quent_Reflow said:
    Hello

@Telstar5 said:

Are there controls for soundinput? The standard iPhone/ iPad microphones handle peak levels pretty bad.

Yes, there is an input level.

• It’s very intuitive to use, no need for a manual or any long learning curve. Fun app too, lots of cool sounding loops I’ve come up with using it.

• @Tarekith said:
    It’s very intuitive to use, no need for a manual or any long learning curve. Fun app too, lots of cool sounding loops I’ve come up with using it.

And @lukesleepwalker Okay thank you both for the resonse. Curious about the promised videos.

• Any news on release date?

• dev said end of september. no info yet

• Latest beta includes onboarding tutorial. This build feels like it's ready for prime time.

• Supposed to be out tomorrow (Tuesday November 12)

• I've been beta testing and enjoy this one. Because it's designed for phone, I often hear something interesting whilst out and about so I'll fire this app and get a recording I like and play a bit with the manglers. Save the loop and pull out the stuff I like later when I'm ready to use in a composition.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    I've been beta testing and enjoy this one. Because it's designed for phone, I often hear something interesting whilst out and about so I'll fire this app and get a recording I like and play a bit with the manglers. Save the loop and pull out the stuff I like later when I'm ready to use in a composition.

It is a pretty cool app for short, rhythmic loops. I put them in AudioStretch sometimes for some crazy ambience. The Auto-Pump Reverb effect scared the hell out of me when it made something sound like it was coming from behind me!

• Look forward to seeing some vids, a bit baffled by this one.

• Downloaded. Pretty cool so far. Can see i’m gonna use this a lot.

• Been using this a lot in the beta testing, really cool app that is great for coming up with rhythmic ideas.