Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stagelight is live on the App Store!

Comments

• Since it's cross-platform, how easy is it to start a song on iOS and continue on WIndows or Mac?

Also: to upgrade on iOS (not Mac or Windows), you still go through the App Store to add credits (by clicking 'Add'). Then that money is added to your 'credits'. Later you use those credits to buy the upgrade (or other content like samples) directly from Open Labs.

• @BiancaNeve said:

@Paa89 said:
    Hello guys anyone else having midi import issues?i tried to import some midi that work in both cubasis and bm3 but in Stagelight it gives me blank midi event

Me too with some files. OpenLabs are aware and working on a fix.

Oh ok.,thanks for the reply

• @Littlewoodg said:

@Paa89 said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Paa89 said:
    Hello guys a couple of questions.is it possible to add for Es 1/32 notes to the drum pattern track?when I tap on add instrument and choose drum,I can’t double tap to open the drum pattern of the new track.and is it possible to have 3 Oct on the keyboard?

The drum sequencer has 2 views, tap the eye icon upper right then the 4 squares icon upper left, a drop down menu offers options. Key keyboard sizing is possible in settings, not sure if 3 octaves are an option...
    Edit you can get to three octaves by scaling windows way back but everything else gets very tiny

Hello there thanks for th answer.when I tap on the eye icon I get only option to show master track and send track.for me to be able to see the new drum instrument I have to creat and empty event on the track and then be able to open the drum and edit the samples.
    Here is the video of me tapping on the tracks and trying to open the editor.

Sorry about that- I always start in clip view, that’s where the drop down and options are, in the clip editor for drums.

If you are working in the time line rather than clip view, create a clip in the time line, tap the gear icon then tap “edit” and you have access to to the same options, eye icon to switch view, then you can select quantization, and even unsnap

Oh man.thats long.would be very nice if you just create a drum track double tap on the drum icon an it opens the instrument 😢

• @ocelot said:
    Since it's cross-platform, how easy is it to start a song on iOS and continue on WIndows or Mac?

Also: to upgrade on iOS (not Mac or Windows), you still go through the App Store to add credits (by clicking 'Add'). Then that money is added to your 'credits'. Later you use those credits to buy the upgrade (or other content like samples) directly from Open Labs.

Transfer of songs between devices is super smooth just hit the funny 3 dot symbol top middle of the screen and hit transfer song. Chrome books currently are not supported.

• @McDtracy said:

FYI: The purchases are all in their store so there won't be the Apple iTunes refunds available: just a heads up. They bypass the Apple Store with free Apps and sell the unlocks in their store.

How have they managed to do that?

3.1.1 In-App Purchase:
    If you want to unlock features or functionality within your app, (by way of example: subscriptions, in-game currencies, game levels, access to premium content, or unlocking a full version), you must use in-app purchase. Apps may not use their own mechanisms to unlock content or functionality, such as license keys, augmented reality markers, QR codes, etc. Apps and their metadata may not include buttons, external links, or other calls to action that direct customers to purchasing mechanisms other than in-app purchase.

• edited November 2018

There aren’t any buttons etc in the app which direct you to purchasing mechanisms outside the app.

But I can buy Now TV or Netflix etc subscriptions outside of Apple or inside Apple. In theory I can load SynthMaster presets bought outside Apple and I can read Kindle books purchased outside Apple.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Transfer of songs between devices is super smooth just hit the funny 3 dot symbol top middle of the screen and hit transfer song. Chrome books currently are not supported.

Thanks! Found it. So if Stagelight is open on both devices and they're both on the same network, it'll transfer over.
    This is getting better by the minute.

• edited November 2018

People who have just bought V3 Mac should really send a mail to Openlabs to have V4 free.

• @Janosax said:
    People who have just bought V3 Mac should really send a mail to Openlabs to have V4 free.

Agree with you there they should of released the lot at the same time.

• @ocelot said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Thanks! Found it. So if Stagelight is open on both devices and they're both on the same network, it'll transfer over.
    This is getting better by the minute.

Yes you got it just be aware though to turn you midi tracks into audio tracks first especially if on windows as VST don’t work on iPad and AU apps don’t work on windows desktop you just get a notification saying missing instrument where the track was.

Never owned a MacBook so not sure how it works with them.

• The Mac version of Stagelight has been out for some time now. I think there’s even a Linux version.

I’m just hoping that there will be a desktop upgrade that doesn’t require me to buy all the content as well.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    The Mac version of Stagelight has been out for some time now. I think there’s even a Linux version.

I’m just hoping that there will be a desktop upgrade that doesn’t require me to buy all the content as well.

The desktop upgrades just allow you to unlock for that platform if you want content you can get that separately. The buying model changed over the years originally you could purchase each instrument separately

• At the moment the only v4 unlock I can see is the one that cost £99 and includes the store pass.

• Sounds pretty good to be able to get the Mac and iOS versions for only £13.99. :)

Can't wait to delve into this when I have some time.

• First thing I thought when I skimmed through this thread: Dude, I'm a musician, not a bookkeeper :D

• @BiancaNeve said:
    The Mac version of Stagelight has been out for some time now. I think there’s even a Linux version.

No Linux version (no profit!) ,although last time I checked it worked via wine ;)

I don’t think it would be difficult to give a free upgrade for people who bought v3 mistakenly at v4 launch ...

• Well here a weird and wonderful thing.... just bought the Android v4 unlock for a net -5 store credits

• edited November 2018

🤣> @SevenSystems said:

First thing I thought when I skimmed through this thread: Dude, I'm a musician, not a bookkeeper :D

🤣

• edited November 2018

@SevenSystems said:
    First thing I thought when I skimmed through this thread: Dude, I'm a musician, not a bookkeeper :D

🙂

• edited November 2018

Looks like they update the big number from 3 to 4 every 2 years roughly as 3 came out.

20th September 2016. So if you buy into 4 on desktop once it comes out your get roughly 2 years before unlock 5 is needed.

• @Shabudua said:

@SevenSystems said:

🙂

Probably more money in bookkeeping

• edited November 2018

I can’t figure how to record movements of the synth parameters.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

I figured out how to draw automation but not record it?

• Done a quick video showing how to record into SpaceCraft within the StageLight DAW.

• @sdesign said:
    I can’t figure how to record movements of the synth parameters.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

I figured out how to draw automation but not record it?

There seems to be an icon to arm tracks but I can’t enable it. I’m assuming this will arm a track to record automation. I can turn it on though??

• edited November 2018

Good morning ladies and gents.dont know if Im missing something. is there a way to edit the start and end point of samples in the drum editor ?
    When I copy/paste a track with my own samples,my samples don’t play even tho I have save the drum instrument.really strange

• @Paa89 said:
    Good morning ladies and gents.dont know if Im missing something. is there a way to edit the start and end point of samples in the drum editor ?

Yes, click the little blue arrow to show the inspector, then drag the waveform from the left or right to change start/end.

• just testing midi file import from Troublemaker. It doesn’t work.

• i dunno. I’m not feeling the workflow. I downloaded the Free version and started a quick little song...lots of tapping around. Feels like a desktop workflow brought to a touch device.

I’ll keep watching this space but so far I’ll stay on the sidelines.

First week of December is almost here ya know

• @sdesign said:

@Paa89 said:

Yes, click the little blue arrow to show the inspector, then drag the waveform from the left or right to change start/end.

Nicee thanks a lot

• @echoopera said:
    i dunno. I’m not feeling the workflow. I downloaded the Free version and started a quick little song...lots of tapping around. Feels like a desktop workflow brought to a touch device.

I’ll keep watching this space but so far I’ll stay on the sidelines.

First week of December is almost here ya know

Feeling the same here..