Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stagelight is live on the App Store!

Comments

• @Telstar5 said:
    Why are we asking all these questions? No vdeos to speak of? No manual? The online “lessons” for the app just ain’t cutting it .
    Arrghh.. No money from me

There are some but very basic since until now there wasn’t a true musicians platform involved :trollface:

If you checked all the comments, alongside videos, I shared an offer from them to video creators. Probably they have amateur users and now they are testing the pro waters :lol:

• @Dubbylabby said:

@Telstar5 said:
    Why are we asking all these questions? No vdeos to speak of? No manual? The online “lessons” for the app just ain’t cutting it .

There are some but very basic since until now there wasn’t a true musicians platform involved :trollface:

If you checked all the comments, alongside videos, I shared an offer from them to video creators. Probably they have amateur users and now they are testing the pro waters :lol:

So does this do MIDI in?

Can I use Launchpad Pro to launch clips?

• @InfoCheck said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    So does anyone know a sauce of good free sfz instruments then? Google doesn’t actually seem that helpful

Here’s a link to a video I did about how to import sfz files into StageLight and it has a link to a couple of sfz files and their samples. I’m still waiting to hear back from the StageLight developers about what sfz specs they support before digging in deeper myself.

Great stuff cheers for making the video. Have you tried loading into Sampleverse as yet ?

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@Telstar5 said:

So does this do MIDI in?

Can I use Launchpad Pro to launch clips?

I think I answered this before but here we go once again @Janosax I summoning you!

I think it supports cc messages at the moment but note on/off type is on the roadmap.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@InfoCheck said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    So does anyone know a sauce of good free sfz instruments then? Google doesn’t actually seem that helpful

Here’s a link to a video I did about how to import sfz files into StageLight and it has a link to a couple of sfz files and their samples. I’m still waiting to hear back from the StageLight developers about what sfz specs they support before digging in deeper myself.

Great stuff cheers for making the video. Have you tried loading into Sampleverse as yet ?

Yes, only the ElectroPulse and ElectroSynth instruments don’t have sfz import options.

• @InfoCheck said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Cool thanks. I had to look up the difference between sfz and sf2 files. That’s pretty useful though. I think I’m just going to buy the basic app after getting home.

• Like this app! Its has a fun feel to it. I bought the IOS version and PC version. The PC version seems cut down with no sampler. But I will be upgrading to version 4 when it comes out. I really like the fact that the pc version is great with windows 10 touchscreens. My favourite music app is Ableton but it is awful with touch screens. I am trusting that both the pc and ios versions will be updated often as its clearly a work in progress. But such fun so I am glad to support the developers.
    The cheapest way to get both versions is: download the pc and ios free versions, complete the account details to get 6-7 dollars credit. Then buy the ios version for 10 dollars (you have to buy credit). This leaves 1 dollar credit left. When you buy ios you also get 10 dollars credit back so now total of 11 dollars credit. Next purchase pc version 3 upgrade for 20 dollars - so after using credit it will cost you 9 dollars for pc version. When purchased you will get then 15 dollars credit to spend on iaps. Seems good value to me! I haven't purchased any iap yet - anyone recommend any of them?

• edited November 2018

Does anyone find the pop up menus to be unresponsive? For example in the mixer if I press the settings icon on one of the channels - none of the nested options (e.g delete track) do anything when pressed?? Seems buggy to me

Also, what’s up with those scroll bars!!!

• How do you get the drum menu / instrument off the damn screen?

• edited November 2018

@am1001 said:
    Like this app! Its has a fun feel to it. I bought the IOS version and PC version. The PC version seems cut down with no sampler. But I will be upgrading to version 4 when it comes out. I really like the fact that the pc version is great with windows 10 touchscreens. My favourite music app is Ableton but it is awful with touch screens. I am trusting that both the pc and ios versions will be updated often as its clearly a work in progress. But such fun so I am glad to support the developers.
    The cheapest way to get both versions is: download the pc and ios free versions, complete the account details to get 6-7 dollars credit. Then buy the ios version for 10 dollars (you have to buy credit). This leaves 1 dollar credit left. When you buy ios you also get 10 dollars credit back so now total of 11 dollars credit. Next purchase pc version 3 upgrade for 20 dollars - so after using credit it will cost you 9 dollars for pc version. When purchased you will get then 15 dollars credit to spend on iaps. Seems good value to me! I haven't purchased any iap yet - anyone recommend any of them?

@am1001 That’s how I done it for version 3.6, 2 months ago on windows be aware the windows version 4 has not come out yet it’s due this week. The Sampler is part of that so if you want it your have to shell out $20 again. Or you can just stick on version 3.6.

• I see this as the best bang for the buck of anything on iOS, and there are certainly some incredible values to be had.
    Quite the pleasant surprise, as I generally don't follow pre-release hype on apps, not wanting to get hopes up on apps that either fail to deliver or are vaporware.

They could have easily gone the greedy route with a monthly sub, like a certain other new app, which in a couple months costs more than this one does to buy outright. Can't even begin to comprehend any justification for that one.

• edited November 2018

@RUST( i )K said:

How do you get the drum menu / instrument off the damn screen?

Hit the damn blue arrow > (top right).
    :trollface:

Each part has it’s own show/hide as modular GUI.

• @DMan said:
    This is crazy I put it on my $45 USD Windows tablet that can barely run simple notes with SunVox and it’s working pretty low latency with external MIDI and 5 tracks.The best touch experience I’ve had on that thing to date. I mostly find that tablet not very worth using.

I’ll probably only put it on my iPads though as I’m pretty invested in the platform and don’t use any other for music.

Try Caustic also since it’s free

@Dubbylabby said:

@RUST( i )K said:

How do you get the drum menu / instrument off the damn screen?

Hit the damn blue arrow > (top right).
    :trollface:

Each part has it’s own show/hide as modular GUI.

And don’t forget to press the + symbol to actually load the fx ;)

• @Telstar5 said:

Once you understand a few of the unique quirks of the interface, a lot of it is pretty self explanatory. You can get through much of the learning curve from watching videos about the desktop versions, though I agree it would be nice if there was a manual.

I've only been at it for an hour or so and already feel more comfortable with it than my first few hours with Gadget or even Garageband.

p.s.
    http://us.openlabs.com/education/
    Has anyone tried out the free 30 day offer for Stagelight edu? I doubt most here would need it for the general music production lessons, but perhaps there might be some useful content for getting familiar with more advanced workflows in the app?

• edited November 2018

@RUST( i )K

No midi notes yet only CC, so waiting for that perhaps Midiflow will help converting CC to midi note with your Launchpad Pro. For CC midi learn, do the following:

@Janosax said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@Janosax said:
    And midi control for live gigging.

Could you share some info about this, please?

Of course!!

Firstly set your midi input in settings

Then tap that arrow button if you don’t see all toolbar buttons

Then tap on this midi learn icon

Hold the same button if you need to see assignments

Assign your midi CC by tapping pad or moving knob

And that just works, here scene 1 trigger is mapped!

That only works with CC, but I’ve asked for midi notes. Also there is no audio loop pre fixed length at this time, I asked for this too.

BTW Nanokey Studio can have pads set to CC, and TouchOSC makes a very nice customizable controller too.

• edited November 2018

So am I right in saying that you can’t use Troublemaker AU inside stagelight? Because you can’t load Rosetta for the sequencer as it doesn’t support midi AU. I guess you can program patterns using the piano roll but not as much fun.

• @sdesign said:
    So am I right in saying that you can’t use Troublemaker AU inside stagelight? Because you can’t load Rosetta for the sequencer as it doesn’t support midi AU. I guess you can program patterns using the piano roll but not as much fun.

You correct but I’m sure that will add it if enough people put a ticket in requested it.

• @Multicellular said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:
    So is this more like Cubasis or Beatmaker 3, or a combination of everything?

More like Beatmaker. Loops, scenes. Midi and audio.

But like both no fucking tempo change.

uugh, I never understand the reason for this

• @Jumpercollins said:

@sdesign said:

You correct but I’m sure that will add it if enough people put a ticket in requested it.

I think I’ll just wait and see if it’s added before I buy the IAP.

• edited November 2018

@sdesign said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@sdesign said:

I think I’ll just wait and see if it’s added before I buy the IAP.

The more tickets sent the quicker you’ll get it!! Or you can let others do it for you.

• Mac OS and IOS costs...

I downloaded both for the free versions.

I registered with StageLight and got $6 in store credit.
    I put up some social media referral links and didn't get a hit.

They get you $1 for each new person to register. I registered another gmail account and that new user got the $2 in credit
    but that's OK. Just a test really.

So, I used the $6 in credit and paid for the Mac OS product for $13.99 on my credit card. After that I had $15 added in store credit which is what the IOS version costs. (I think they thought this through).

I used the $15 in credit and unlocked the IOS version (which has SampleVerse while the Mac version does not but it does access all my Logic purchased AU's).

Now Mac and IOS are unlocked and I'm out $13.99.

After unlocking IOS gave me another $10.00 in credit for $10.01 to start buying Loops or Samples I guess.

All the purchasing happens directly with OpenLabs by passing the Apple Store entirely except for the free IOS download.

I'm guessing SampleVerse will show up on OS X sometime soon? I looked everywhere for it and unlocked to see if it was there but it's not there after unlocking.

With $10.01 in credit I need more platforms to test. Surface or Android? I should test my iPhone first (for free I think).

3 devices for $13.99 with $10.01 in credit? The IAP's are their business model for sure.

• I don't totally understand that process you've described, @McDtracy. But I'm getting that itchy feeling that I get whenever Fabfilter plugins go on sale: I really rarely load up Auria, but I feel like if I don't buy the plugins now, I'm missing out on such a deal!

I am especially unclear about Sampleverse — is this inside the iOS versions? And would it be available as an AU in Ableton?

I'm totally intrigued.

• @McDtracy said:
    Mac OS and IOS costs...

I downloaded both for the free versions.

I registered with StageLight and got $6 in store credit.
    I put up some social media referral links and didn't get a hit.

They get you $1 for each new person to register. I registered another gmail account and that new user got the $2 in credit
    but that's OK. Just a test really.

So, I used the $6 in credit and paid for the Mac OS product for $13.99 on my credit card. After that I had $15 added in store credit which is what the IOS version costs. (I think they thought this through).

I used the $15 in credit and unlocked the IOS version (which has SampleVerse while the Mac version does not but it does access all my Logic purchased AU's).

Now Mac and IOS are unlocked and I'm out $13.99.

After unlocking IOS gave me another $10.00 in credit for $10.01 to start buying Loops or Samples I guess.

All the purchasing happens directly with OpenLabs by passing the Apple Store entirely except for the free IOS download.

I'm guessing SampleVerse will show up on OS X sometime soon? I looked everywhere for it and unlocked to see if it was there but it's not there after unlocking.

With $10.01 in credit I need more platforms to test. Surface or Android? I should test my iPhone first (for free I think).

3 devices for $13.99 with $10.01 in credit? The IAP's are their business model for sure.

Yes. iPhone unlocks after logging in with my account for free. I have an older iPad. Do they support the older IOS rev's? No. IOS 11 is the limit but I do have NanoStudio on the older iPad.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I am especially unclear about Sampleverse — is this inside the iOS versions?

Yes.

And would it be available as an AU in Ableton?

Well... not on IOS but maybe on Windows/Mac when 4.0 ships.
    Not sure.

I'm just curious to see if the inter-op between iPhone, iPad and OS X Mac makes this great. Maybe I can move projects about and use the best AU's or VST's on a platform to add that to the project.

There's a lot to investigate for my $13.99 out of pocket with $10.01 in store credit.

• @sdesign said:

Until a more elegant solution is found, you can host Rozeta in an app like AUM with a bpm to match your StageLight song and send its MIDI to StageLight via a MidiFire in to a MidiFire out routing, load in Troublemaker and record the MIDI sent in from MidiFire into a loop (which works better than I thought it would).

Once StageLight gets AU MIDI in/out support and Link, MIDI will be much more straight forward.

• edited November 2018

Just a tip if you fancy buying the Windows, Mac versions and you want the SampleVerse instrument and all the other version 4 updates wait till it comes out this week sometime.

if you buy the version 3 unlock now you have to pay again for version 4 unlock once it hits. Open Labs should of done a same day universal cross platform release because this is gonna catch a lot of people out. Apple went early on them and caught them out.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Just a tip if you fancy buying the Windows, Mac versions and you want the SampleVerse instrument and all the other version 4 updates wait till it comes out this week sometime.

if you buy the version 3 unlock now you have to pay again for version 4 unlock once it hits. Open Labs should of done a same day universal cross platform release because this is gonna catch a lot of people out. Apple went early on them and caught them out.

Damn... I got the Mac OS 3.x versin first for $13.99 ($19.99 - $6 store credits for making an account) then got $15 in store credit which got me IOS for free and that got me $10.01 credit.

So, I'm $13.99 on my credit card and have 4.0 IOS and 3.x OS X. Maybe the upgrade for OS X 4 will cost less than $10 and I'll feel like this was all good. I have iPad 4.0, iphone 4.0 and OS X 3.x for $13.99: not a crazy cost considering what it does. If GarageBand had a similar customer philosophy for value I'd be a fan but Apple still treats the iPad like a toy.

• @McDtracy said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Damn... I got the Mac OS 3.x versin first for $13.99 ($19.99 - $6 store credits for making an account) then got $15 in store credit which got me IOS for free and that got me $10.01 credit.

So, I'm $13.99 on my credit card and have 4.0 IOS and 3.x OS X. Maybe the upgrade for OS X 4 will cost less than $10 and I'll feel like this was all good. I have iPad 4.0, iphone 4.0 and OS X 3.x for $13.99: not a crazy cost considering what it does. If GarageBand had a similar customer philosophy for value I'd be a fan but Apple still treats the iPad like a toy.

FYI: The purchases are all in their store so there won't be the Apple iTunes refunds available: just a heads up. They bypass the Apple Store with free Apps and sell the unlocks in their store.

• edited November 2018

@McDtracy said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Yes I saw you post and though you purchased to early I may be wrong we see what it cost this week once it’s out. Probably $20.

The said it was a business descision to release StageLight 4 now but I think personally they should of got a manual and videos, lessons ready first before releasing. With Apple pushing it out on a Sunday caught them right out.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Yes I saw you post and thought you purchased too early.

I followed the pricing trade-offs of starting with the IOS version first and it would cost me more so I took the OS X first approach without understanding the 3.x vs 4.0 version issues or even the fact that they charge for updates. Still... with $10.01 in credit I'll probably get OS X 4.x on the cheap too. Complex products with complex pricing always seems to have surprises. Still... I paid $25 for Cubasis and Auria Pro and bought expensive FX for both. I rarely use either lately.

I bought AEMs for free and upgraded for $6 as I recall and also bought a lot of FX and IAP sounds there too.

My $13.99 (with $10.01 in credit seems like a good deal) even without the OS X 4.0 upgrade (yet). I have all those OS X AU's i this app now with 3.x so I can make tracks using my $79 Addictive Keys pianos and (probably) move the project into IOS.
    I'll figure it out overtime. I just love puzzles and this is a new one.

A fool and his money...