Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BEST GROOVEBOX or DRUM MACHINE: $500-$1000

Santa is coming soon..........

Comments

• Digitakt?

Thinking maybe that is the one.

Any Rolands at that price point?

Drum Brute.....slighly limited for the money.

• Also looking at some Mixer/INterface combos ..........

• edited November 2018

Hoping someone says Maschine Mk3.

• Maschine mk 3 :D :D LOL

• edited November 2018

New? Second hand?

New Drumbrute, Circuit...

Second hand under 500€ you can find Mc909/808 and even sometimes MV8800...
    Also Akai mpc1000, some electribes (news and olds like sx)
    Some Rolands (Sp404, 555 and even workstations...)

• edited November 2018

Digitakt (got one, great combo with Groove Rider on iPad)
    Deluge (seen the Demo, it's different enough to consider it too)
    Korg Electribe MX (Older but it's the most fun and immediate groove box I ever had and still have)

• @rs2000 said:
    Korg Electribe MX (Older but it's the most fun and immediate groove box I ever had and still have)

Digitakt is a joy. And I'm interested in how you're using it with Groove Rider?

• Roland JD XI or OP-1

• @rs2000 said:

2nd that. Korg Electribe MX is the coolest and most direct!

• edited November 2018

@ExAsperis99 said:

@rs2000 said:

Digitakt is a joy. And I'm interested in how you're using it with Groove Rider?

My iPad sits in an iTrack dock but you could just use a CCK3 as well.
    The Digitakt can act like a class compliant MIDI interface so I simply connect the Digitakt USB port to the iPad, send MIDI clock from the Digitakt, receive MIDI clock in GR-16 and, depending on the audio interface used, correct the latency in GR-16 until both run in 100% tight sync.
    What's nice is that you can alternatively sequence up to 8 tracks of GR-16 from the Digitakt if you wish, but I prefer to have an additional sound source running in the background that's sequenced by the Digitakt MIDI tracks 9-16.
    This could be bs-16i, NanoStudio, BM3 or whatever sampler you prefer for triggering/sequencing Stereo samples.

The Digitakt is then the live sampler and experimental sample mangler, GR-16 is the slicing and synthesis powerhouse and bs-16i is the stereo ROMpler for my beloved bread and butter sounds.

Two sequencers and three sound engines, with a rather easy total recall if you make sure you give your songs or patterns the same names both on Digitakt and GR-16.

• Probably the Deluge if you can find one under 1000 bucks

• There are many good options, but i dont think the best exists. Mpc live(and also the older models) is a good choice, id take it over digitakt any day. But i can see why someone would like the more simplistic approach of the digitakt and ofc its sequencer. Digitakt lacks even some of the basic stuff like stereo sampling and some other stuff, if you are not bothered by its shortcomings its a good buy.

For mixer i recommend AUM and an interface with enough inputs. Maybe that behringer midi fader controller if you want real faders.

• The Deluge was in stock when I checked a few hours ago. It has more features than anything else in this price range.

• If you go second hand, my favorite all time is Octa-Track. Should be able to grab one under $1000 used.

• Digitakt is super dope and ridiculously functional. When overbridge becomes available it will integrate pretty seamlessly with a DAW taking it to another level.

BUT....for the money, Circuit is surprisingly functional and much more mobile. I have two of them and use them all the time.

• GR-16. Invest the leftover money and take a vacation in a few years.

• I second what is said here.

Novation Circuit is an amazing groove box full of wonders!
    Elektron's Digitakt is a brilliant Drum machine combined with a deep sampler and a powerful midi sequencer
    Don't start me on the Digitone, I could stay here for hours.

So glad I finally purchased these!
    They are so Great to play with and really offer you the ability to build the sounds and sequences you'd dream of.

So looking forward overbridge as well!

• Man, those Elektrons sequencers are special. P-Locks, probability, individual track lengths, micro timing, program change per step, scenes...Plus on the OctaTrack: different tempo scale division or multiplication per track, different time signatures per track, different swing per track...

• good times

• edited November 2018

No brainer... Used MkI Analog Rytm. With the new 2 osc synth engine... Individual outs, best sequencer out there, amazing sound. You can get 'em on RVRB for sub $800. Throw in a Faderfox MX12 for hands on mixing... Best experience you can get.

Assuming you want synth (and some sample playback).

• IMO the questions are: What kind of workflow are you looking for? Do you have a strong preference about synthesis vs sampling? Is Maschine a no-no?

AFAIK considering the option of getting used stuff you have access to most options within your price range, maybe even a used octatrak. Depending on specifically what you’re looking for you might even want to consider Op-Z.

• new

@Dubbylabby said:
    New? Second hand?

new

• edited November 2018

@RUST( i )K said:
    new

@Dubbylabby said:
    New? Second hand?

new

Also you updated the price range!

Deluge or djs1000 even saving a bit more if necessary :)

• Op-z!
    Its really looks like a future.
    Elektron analog rytm mk1 good choice too, much better then boring digitakt.

• If you don't mind having the computer off to one side out of sight I would say the Maschine MK3 is definitely the most powerful considering you can throw whatever you want at it until you run out of CPU power. For totally standalone I'd go with the Octatrack if you're sample based or doing live looping style of performance. The Circuit is probably one of the most fun grooveboxes I've ever used too, hard to leave that little fella out of the question. I haven't used a Deluge yet, but it's on the cards.

• edited November 2018

get something with a sequencer/song mode that is good enough so that you don't have to use 6 other programs and another controller to augment it's groove box shortcomings

• These threads are fun but everybody has their preference. The good thing is it helps not forget things on your list.

My vote is octatrack, and then digitakt. The rytm is great but no midi sequencing. May or may not matter if you use rozeta in aum or bm3 or whatever. Digitakt was fun though. 4 tracks for drums, 4 for melodic and 8 midi tracks.