Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Oo good lookin out, may finally grab the ravens

• I've stayed away from learning yet another "system"... the prices are tempting (to invest $20 or so to get started), but I'll end up sticking with KORG as the devil I know.

• Thanks for the heads up.

• I never understood how a company can makes sales and say just nothing about them and how the prices differ now.

I can see no indication of a sale at all and also cannot see if the current prices are different to before and by how much.

It's like a hidden and private sale, if it is one at all.

:-|

• @tja said:
    I never understood how a company can makes sales and say just nothing about them and how the prices differ now.

I can see no indication of a sale at all and also cannot see if the current prices are different to before and by how much.

If you have notifications turned on for BH app then you receive one evertime there is a sale.
    Every pack has a SALE sign on it in the browser

• @ruggedsmooth said:

@tja said:
    I never understood how a company can makes sales and say just nothing about them and how the prices differ now.

If you have notifications turned on for BH app then you receive one evertime there is a sale.
    Every pack has a SALE sign on it in the browser

I don't use notifications at all.
    Such things should be shown in the App Store!
    Also, right now I cannot see a sale sign in the browser, just a graphic that seems to hint to the fact which of them i could still buy.

And even if, they don't show the difference in price!
    If you did not a screenshot to compare, you will never know.

What I am saying is, that this is just done bad!
    It's done without thoughts.
    I just don't like that.
    For for a company this is even stupid.

Anyway, i only seem to like the Deep Bass, for right now 5,49 Euro.
    But is that the sale price? And how much of a sale?

• I keep getting suckered into buying beathawk packs then never using beathawk. I guess I just don't get on with that app at all. Going to resist this one.

• @tja said:

I may be wrong, but the App Store would require an app update to change the info blurb thingie :neutral:

• @mrufino1 said:
    I keep getting suckered into buying beathawk packs then never using beathawk. I guess I just don't get on with that app at all. Going to resist this one.

The packs are great sample fodder and au use in GarageBand or bm3

• @stormywaterz said:

@mrufino1 said:
    I keep getting suckered into buying beathawk packs then never using beathawk. I guess I just don't get on with that app at all. Going to resist this one.

I'm the same, @mrufino1, but I just today saw somebody using a really cool string sound in a Beathawk AU loaded in AUM and playing the Rozeta arp.... I thought, Huh, maybe just use BH as a sound source with all its unusual instruments.
    And now this sale appears. Which, you know, is proof that we're living in a simulated reality and I willed this sale into existence.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@stormywaterz said:

@mrufino1 said:

I'm the same, @mrufino1, but I just today saw somebody using a really cool string sound in a Beathawk AU loaded in AUM and playing the Rozeta arp.... I thought, Huh, maybe just use BH as a sound source with all its unusual instruments.
    And now this sale appears. Which, you know, is proof that we're living in a simulated reality and I willed this sale into existence.

:lol:

BTW, is this the video you mentioned?

Or wasn't it a video at all? :smile:

• @senhorlampada said:

@tja said:

I may be wrong, but the App Store would require an app update to change the info blurb thingie :neutral:

Developers can add/change promotional text for an app without requiring an update; however users have to go to the app store to see if there are changes.

I agree @tja that prices should be easier to see. On their website, you have click on each small icon of the IAP to see the price. A list would certainly help. I would not have known about the sale unless I looked in the app and scrolled down to IAPs that I didn't own to see the "sale" label, so thanks @white for the heads up. The Beathawk libraries are great quality sound sources for use in AUM or an iOS DAW host like Cubasis.

• If notifications are off, the App Icon still shows a small blue dot to show that something is new. Sales and new soundpacks will trigger the blue dot to appear on the App Icon.

As far as the prices, they are roughly 50% off as stated, but a few seem only 40% off (the priciest ones).

• I want to purchase the Ravenscroft iOS Piano, but I also have the Beathawk piano (which is beautiful). I'm wondering if the Beathawk Acoustic Piano is really using the same samples as the Ravenscroft. Can anyone confirm or try both if you have them?

-Scarlet Jerry

• Well, the BH came in second in the piano poll and the RC third @scarletjerry, But if you read the hype the RC is quite special. I just bought the BH piano but haven't messed with it. It sounds pretty different on the demo from the RC and the RC has string resonance, I believe,

• @scarletjerry said:
    I want to purchase the Ravenscroft iOS Piano, but I also have the Beathawk piano (which is beautiful). I'm wondering if the Beathawk Acoustic Piano is really using the same samples as the Ravenscroft. Can anyone confirm or try both if you have them?

-Scarlet Jerry

Personally, I think the BeatHawk piano is dripping with FX. and you can't remove them. If you like them it's great.

RC275 can be really unmodified piano sound that you then adjust for your needs. Nothing comes close and when it's on 50% off sale it's an even better value.

It seems to be about as big as you should get and still be able to record with it. I have the $50 Colossus and I can only play it. It falls over with anything else running on my 2GB iPad. The $20 Colossus options hold up a bit more but don't match the RC275 for the range of dynamics many want.

Just my 2 cents. The Piano Poll rated a listener's perspective.
    Players prefer sitting down to the RC 275 over the Salamander and Beathawk for a wider range of playing. (I do love the Salamander for most jazz because it has that Yamaha C5 crispy tone). I have moved the Salamander into AudioLayer via the SF2 to EXS24 conversion route on a MacBook running Mainstage (a $30 desktop App... thanks Apple).

Get the RC 275 and get a refund if it's too dark for your tastes. It has built-in EQ, Reverb and Velocity controls so I doubt it.

• Great buy for $5, got it yesterday. Totally usable without any IAPs also.

• Thanks for your comments, everyone. Yes, the Beathawk piano is beautiful, but I forgot that it does not have string resonance. I’m not sure it makes a significant difference in the sound, but I may have to buy it to try it.

Scarlet Jerry

• edited November 2018

Hip hop was my last beat hawk IAP. UVI has done messed up in my books now because they have stopped differentiating between loops and samples and are now just saying everything is a sample. The hip hop pack is chock full of useless loops and even more useless samples, like high hats and tambourines etc. I was expecting things like chopped up disco hits and sampled breaks and drum machines. What i got instead were “construction kits” of what sounds like more EDM. Had they been honest I probably wouldn’t have bought it, thus no necessity to leave a negative review. False marketing. DIY for me from now on I suppose.

TBF some IAPs are great and Ravenscroft is par excellence but UVI has quite a spotty track record.

• @McDtracy said:
    Just my 2 cents. The Piano Poll rated a listener's perspective.
    Players prefer sitting down to the RC 275 over the Salamander and Beathawk for a wider range of playing. (I do love the Salamander for most jazz because it has that Yamaha C5 crispy tone). I have moved the Salamander into AudioLayer via the SF2 to EXS24 conversion route on a MacBook running Mainstage (a $30 desktop App... thanks Apple).

Uhhh.
    Any way to get the Salamander into Audio Layer without a Mac?
    Just on iPad? Maybe Windows?

Audio Layer only understands EXS24?
    Need to google that.

• edited July 2019

Looks like all the Beathawk expansion packs are on sale again.
    Does anyone know if the guitar loops pack is playable or only contains loops/riffs?

• edited July 2019

@_mwallace said:
    Looks like all the Beathawk expansion packs are on sale again.
    Does anyone know if the guitar loops pack is playable or only contains loops/riffs?

Looking at the description it seems to be loops and phrases, no mention of samples.
    Would still be playable but don't think you will find a straight instrument.

Also I'm not seeing any discount, what price do you see?

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Looking at the description it seems to be loops and phrases, no mention of samples.
    Would still be playable but don't think you will find a straight instrument.

Also I'm not seeing any discount, what price do you see?

Thanks. All the packs have the sale tag for me when loaded in AUM.
    The guitar loops one for instance, is listed at $2.99 US

• @_mwallace ... no straight sounds. Bought it thinking otherwise.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @_mwallace ... no straight sounds. Bought it thinking otherwise.

Thanks for the confirmation. I was afraid of that.

• That looks like they might be on sale :smiley:
    Thanks for checking @_mwallace

• Guess it takes time for the sale to propagate to all the servers...
    Can't see any sales tags in my BeatHawk (Yes, I did install it again).

• Might be baroque time, the toys look good too
    Not seeing the sale yet either, they usually last for a week or so?

• For those seeking some of the best acoustics on iOS, BeatHawk... well, can’t be beat. Great choirs, piano, mallets especially. Strings and brass very good. The Baroque pack has a tremendous classical guitar and a decent harpsichord. All a real bargain on sale. Just sayin’

• @Samu said:
    Guess it takes time for the sale to propagate to all the servers...
    Can't see any sales tags in my BeatHawk (Yes, I did install it again).

Try loading the AU in AUM and then browse the packs. That’s where I’m seeing the sale prices.