Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AB2 Launch Lists

In AB1, if you were offline and getting a blank launch list, the workaround was to start the app you want to launch from the desktop, then it would appear in the launch list. Is this still the case in AB2?

Comments

• Yep. But you should just go online with the Audiobus app instead so it can grab the latest database dump and you get the list.

• edited April 2014

Sorry, @Sebastian, this is still to do with the Voice Synth issue. If there is access to the database, it seems that AB doesn't check what apps are already running, if there is no access to the database, it does. Turning off internet access may allow a user to run Voice Synth from the desktop, then have it appear in the launch list. This is simpler than the Audioshare IAA thing, about which I share your misgivings...

• No that's not how it works. We're not blocking access to Voice Synth in any way it just isn't in our database anymore. The database is there so you don't have to do this silly trick of launching an app first while Audiobus is in the background for it to show up in Audiobus. It has nothing to do with if there's internet access or not.

• edited April 2014

Ok, after some testing, it seems that AB checks to see what's running BEFORE it populates the list from the database. The active app turns up on its own in the list while the rest are still being fetched. In theory, that should happen with the current version of Voice Synth and allow it to be launched, but since I have neither VS nor AB2, I can't test it.

EDIT: Thanks, @Sebastian. Your last post showed up when I posted this one.