Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stagelight is live on the App Store!

Comments

• edited November 2018

@sch said:
    $149 full on! Yawn, waiting for Nanostudio 2.

14.99 for FULL UNLOCKED iOS app with updates during V4 cycle, 149 for app multiplatform and mainly SOUNDS PACKS unlimited during V4. You can also buy platforms licenses separately. NO NEED for spending 149 for full fonctionnality. I spent the minimum for iOS only.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@Janosax said:

@Korakios said:
    Warning for the beta uninstall and install the app from the AppStore, songs are gone :(
    (I thought they where stored in the cloud....)

Haven’t loose any song by chance, but I haven’t unsinstall beta just install App Store version as an update to beta.

@Janosax Did you overinstall today’s release over RC-2 then ? Not lose anything. I tried putting the store release on my iPhone can get a verify email back there servers must be slow !

Exactly!! Didn’t loose anything :)

• Cool, but I’m still banking on NS2 to be the be-all, end-all for my needs as a DAW.

• edited November 2018

@Dubbylabby said:
    @Janosax Thanks a lot!

I’m not sure knobs midi triggering for various parameters are recorded to automation timeline at this time, but for live gigging it’s enough. I’ve asked for them for that feature too. They made iOS beta testing for two or three months before final release it’s already great job :)

• edited November 2018

For an app with 'Light' in it's name the UI is very, very dark...

• edited November 2018

@Janosax said:

@sch said:

14.99 for FULL UNLOCKED iOS app with updates during V4 cycle, 149 for app multiplatform and mainly SOUNDS PACKS unlimited during V4. You can also buy platforms licenses separately. NO NEED for spending 149 for full fonctionnality. I spent the minimum for iOS only.

Also I saw if you bought the Ultimate unlock v3 they give you some credit (alongside the win, mac and android versions)... so maybe these 30$ extra credits could be used in buy the iOS version?

Anyways the Mac only version cost 19,99$ so makes 30$ to have the Apple platform covered...

Garageband needs some updates to fight against this... starting from midi learn and less touch only dependency. Also the whole pass is cheap than Logic itself...

Very clever movement. I didn't expect this and seems a true gamechange for me.

• @Samu said:

Agreed. Apparently skins are in the works last I heard in the beta forum.

• @Jumpercollins thanks for all your screenshots etc., did you find a particular video out there helpful?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    One day I will find out how to delete a track

Under chanel strip settings bottom of the list.

Well done, @Jumpercollins
    Very helpful information. I didn't think I was in the market for something like this, but damn!

A question about the price that maybe somebody can answer quickly. There's an IAP for AU instruments and effects; that's $14.99 (some of which you get back as credits?!). That gets you started.
    But there was a reference to $140 for the full version — is the bulk of that soundpacks or something?
    How much to make it fully functional and not hamstrung would you say?

£140 gets you a whole bunch of sound packs and unlocks features on the Android, PC and Mac versions as well.

For just using on iOS the £15 iap is all you need. But there’s enough there with no IAP to get a good idea of whether you will like the app and it’s workflow or not.

• FYI, the sampler auto maps and auto splits live recordings based on pitch detection. And it does it really well. You can make instruments QUICK.

• edited November 2018

@Samu said:

I suppose lighter theme could be done, I will ask for them.

BTW anybody can join beta testing on Google+ group, I think it’s closed for new members for a moment but will come back in a few days as they want to be proactive in beta testing even after initial release and provide constant updates.

@Dubbylabby said:

@Janosax said:

@sch said:

Also I saw if you bought the Ultimate unlock v3 they give you some credit (alongside the win, mac and android versions)... so maybe these 30$ extra credits could be used in buy the iOS version?

Anyways the Mac only version cost 19,99$ so makes 30$ to have the Apple platform covered...

Garageband needs some updates to fight against this... starting from midi learn and less touch only dependency. Also the whole pass is cheap than Logic itself...

Very clever movement. I didn't expect this and seems a true gamechange for me.

Don’t know if credits are cross platform but I suppose yes?

Yes it’s a kind of game ch.. I think.

GarageBand still have better audio edition features but SL devs plan to improve their one a lot from what they wrote on beta testing group. Audio mangling is a very desired DAW capability for me.

• Credits ARE cross platform at least the ones I bought on iOS showed up on my windows version. But it may not work the other way round.
    The couple of sound packs I had bought on PC with my free credits there turned up in the iOS app.

• @Samu said:

@samu Yes I picked up on that and questioned it to the team over on the beta forums. The agreed they need a day and night mode so hopefully will come in a update. Obviously most updates effect Mac, PC and Android models so they have to think big picture but hopefully it will come. They boosted the contrast in the beta.

• edited November 2018

@BiancaNeve said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Very helpful information. I didn't think I was in the market for something like this, but damn!

A question about the price that maybe somebody can answer quickly. There's an IAP for AU instruments and effects; that's $14.99 (some of which you get back as credits?!). That gets you started.
    But there was a reference to $140 for the full version — is the bulk of that soundpacks or something?

£140 gets you a whole bunch of sound packs and unlocks features on the Android, PC and Mac versions as well.

For just using on iOS the £15 iap is all you need. But there’s enough there with no IAP to get a good idea of whether you will like the app and it’s workflow or not.

In my case I use mainly Ableton Live on laptop, which is still more powerful and advanced that SL laptop. But for those who want to finish work on laptop/desktop then the unlock is interesting. About packs and their full unlock some genres will not fit my own style and I will never use them. I suggest to those interested the same thing as you, try the app with minimal investment and try some packs with credits reward, to see if the 150 pack is worth it. BTW Ableton Live Set export should be pretty sweet, not sure it has been asked yet and if they will accept as StageLight laptop is their Live rival!!!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @Jumpercollins thanks for all your screenshots etc., did you find a particular video out there helpful?

Not many videos out there yet none I know of for iOS specific hopefully @doug or @davypoo or @djpuzzle will push something out could be a good series to produce and get loads of views !

• The team are planning on loads of videos soon on Sampleverse etc.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @Jumpercollins thanks for all your screenshots etc., did you find a particular video out there helpful?

Not many videos out there yet none I know of for iOS specific hopefully @doug or @davypoo or @djpuzzle will push something out could be a good series to produce and get loads of views !

The ‘lessons’ when you first start the app are really good. You can rock through them all in 15-20 mins

• That will be handy. Didn’t really understand sampleverse

• Are you a video creator that has an interest in making your own videos covering our software Stagelight? You’re in luck! We want to hook you up with all that Stagelight has to offer but we need your help to create some pro videos along the way. Email us to inquire about our Affiliate Video program. Once you post your video, send us a short email with a link to your YouTube Channel or Video, Name and your registered Stagelight email so we can start a communication with you. You’ll get a generous amount of reward credits applied to you account plus become a featured video creator on our website and social media channels. We look forward to hearing from you!

From the footer of the videos page.
    http://us.openlabs.com/videos/

Seems an opportunity into my eyes. Maybe even I could join myself and do some on Spanish to complement the regular reviewers we have at AB forum.

• The arp is great but for edit it needs bigger (full screen ?) GUI :)

• @Jumpercollins said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@BiancaNeve said:

I think @Littlewoodg has gone the whole hog with it and brought the total unlock so he should be able to comment, apologies if I’m wrong to both of you.

Here’s the two unlocks:

The features and effects and instruments are in the iOS unlock, full cross platform and the 10000 plus sounds (all drum sounds, loops, and presets as they are made available til version 5. They keep cranking the packs and presets out: When I got the unlock 2 months ago it was 8000)

• I don’t understand the audio settings: what do they mean by high and low output/input? It seems like it’s effectively just a bizarre name for left and right, but I’d be glad to get confirmation on this.

• It’s for multichannel audio devices and selects the range of IO :)

• @Janosax said:

It's effectively under 9$ for V4 with the credits they give you. Very well priced.

• @ohwell said:

@Janosax said:

It's effectively under 9$ for V4 with the credits they give you. Very well priced.

Yes that price is really good when you look at other iOS daws.

• Yeah, I bogged up and will have to spend some credit lol, but the real price is really great value. It’s probably the best value on iOS at this time.

I think in some respects, the graphics have strongly made me feel the app is toy like, when it’s not.

Still bemused that any iOS DAW app ignores AU midi, but hey they are all doing the same at this time.

• Hi, does anyone know if Stagelight can be played in the background/(background audio)?
    Thanks!

• @gdog said:
    Hi, does anyone know if Stagelight can be played in the background/(background audio)?
    Thanks!

Not currently, will bring this to the dev on the beta boards

• @Littlewoodg said:

@gdog said:
    Hi, does anyone know if Stagelight can be played in the background/(background audio)?
    Thanks!

Not currently, will bring this to the dev on the beta boards

Cool, thanks! 👍