PSA: Don't update to iOS 12.4 if you use apps in AB output slot or IAA apps that use the mic.
https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34030/urgent-psa-hold-off-updating-to-ios-12-4-if-you-use-apps-in-output-slot-in-audiobus

Stagelight is live on the App Store!

1356739

Comments

  • i have to say I like this a lot after sporadic tries on the beta. some of the preset packs give very useful sounds, too, so make sure you make use of the extra credit you get from unlocking etc.

  • edited November 2018

    @Jumpercollins said:

    @SevenSystems said:
    @Jumpercollins: Does the pianoroll editor also limit the displayed rows to the current key?

    I believe so yes.

    It Can be toggled

  • @BiancaNeve said:

    @Jumpercollins said:

    @SevenSystems said:
    @Jumpercollins: Does the pianoroll editor also limit the displayed rows to the current key?

    I believe so yes.

    It Can be toggled

    Cool you find new stuff with this every day.

  • One day I will find out how to delete a track

  • Had a go at this. I was skeptical but it’s quite nice. Some of the visual elements are too loud, Especially the permanent scroll bars. But it’s got almost all the elements I’d want in an iDaw. Strong contender here.

  • @BiancaNeve said:
    One day I will find out how to delete a track

    Under chanel strip settings bottom of the list.

  • I was trying to get my head round the scope of the loop builder vs the timeline.

    This sums it up:

  • I filed the extra information for the 6$ and payed 10$ more. Now I have unlocked the ios version and...still have 11$ credit...strange but cool way to promote the tool

  • Like it mostly.

    Anyone know if you can lock the onscreen keyboard on in mixer view? Problem being if you are playing the inputs and then change some mixer settings that are not to do with that sound (such as tweaking the reverb sends mixer), the keyboard disappears and sometimes the notes stick too!

  • Does the SampleVerse Instrument come stock with the free version on ios or do you have to pay for it ?

  • @gregsmith said:
    I was trying to get my head round the scope of the loop builder vs the timeline.

    This sums it up:

    Haven't opened it up at this point, but this is a nice approach and one I always hoped a Launchpad etc might adopt.

  • Nice touch with the Window scale factor and button hight customization.

    Does anyone know the MIDI resolution?

  • Warning for the beta uninstall and install the app from the AppStore, songs are gone :(
    (I thought they where stored in the cloud....)

  • @Korakios said:
    Warning for the beta uninstall and install the app from the AppStore, songs are gone :(
    (I thought they where stored in the cloud....)

    I haven’t made anything substantial in the beta because of this reason but thanks for the heads up.

  • edited November 2018

    @Korakios said:
    Warning for the beta uninstall and install the app from the AppStore, songs are gone :(
    (I thought they where stored in the cloud....)

    Haven’t loose any song by chance, but I haven’t unsinstall beta just install App Store version as an update to beta.

  • edited November 2018

    @Janosax said:

    @Korakios said:
    Warning for the beta uninstall and install the app from the AppStore, songs are gone :(
    (I thought they where stored in the cloud....)

    Haven’t loose any song by chance, but I haven’t unsinstall beta just install App Store version as an update to beta.

    Aaaaaaa, too late ! I almost finished a song but I’ll live with that . ;)

  • Downloaded and surprised. Anyone knows how midi mapping works? Also any live looping aficionado using it?

  • There’s loads of great touches like in the drum machine you can put a separate au effect on each individual drum.

    Proper iCloud support would be good. Why they would integrate with OneDrive and not Dropbox/google drive god only knows. The transfer tool is good though to send files between phone and iPad.

  • @gregsmith said:
    There’s loads of great touches like in the drum machine you can put a separate au effect on each individual drum.

    Proper iCloud support would be good. Why they would integrate with OneDrive and not Dropbox/google drive god only knows. The transfer tool is good though to send files between phone and iPad.

    Because MS is one of the partners.

  • Basically this is an equivalent of Ableton Live on iOS, this is what many of us have waiting for. Platform universality is an advantage for many. Loop builder doesn’t need to be seen only as a loop creation tool, you can set any loop length. It’s useful to create a whole song very fast and record to timeline for further arrangement. That was Ableton concept and revolution. StageLight supports AU instruments and fxs, with proper freezing in both loop and arrangement modes. There is also AU parameters automations. And midi control for live gigging. Some features still miss like Link or AU midi but that will come. Initial release was not even supposed to have Files and AU instruments and fxs. Automations still need copy/paste of portions feature and audio edition still need some advanced features, but that should come. They work fast and their marketing scheme will help to have money to develop.

  • @Janosax said:
    And midi control for live gigging.

    Could you share some info about this, please?

  • @gregsmith said:
    I was trying to get my head round the scope of the loop builder vs the timeline.

    This sums it up:

    Thanks .. This is as far as it can get to Ableton, Maschine,, Bitwig on IOS..

    I saw the midi export.. but cannot see midi import.. and that arp?

  • @Jumpercollins said:

    @BiancaNeve said:
    One day I will find out how to delete a track

    Under chanel strip settings bottom of the list.

    Well done, @Jumpercollins
    Very helpful information. I didn't think I was in the market for something like this, but damn!

    A question about the price that maybe somebody can answer quickly. There's an IAP for AU instruments and effects; that's $14.99 (some of which you get back as credits?!). That gets you started.
    But there was a reference to $140 for the full version — is the bulk of that soundpacks or something?
    How much to make it fully functional and not hamstrung would you say?

  • edited November 2018

    @Dubbylabby said:

    @Janosax said:
    And midi control for live gigging.

    Could you share some info about this, please?

    Of course!!

    Firstly set your midi input in settings

    Then tap that arrow button if you don’t see all toolbar buttons

    Then tap on this midi learn icon

    Hold the same button if you need to see assignments

    Assign your midi CC by tapping pad or moving knob

    And that just works, here scene 1 trigger is mapped!

    That only works with CC, but I’ve asked for midi notes. Also there is no audio loop pre fixed length at this time, I asked for this too.

    BTW Nanokey Studio can have pads set to CC, and TouchOSC makes a very nice customizable controller too.

  • @ExAsperis99 said:

    @Jumpercollins said:

    @BiancaNeve said:
    One day I will find out how to delete a track

    Under chanel strip settings bottom of the list.

    Well done, @Jumpercollins
    Very helpful information. I didn't think I was in the market for something like this, but damn!

    A question about the price that maybe somebody can answer quickly. There's an IAP for AU instruments and effects; that's $14.99 (some of which you get back as credits?!). That gets you started.
    But there was a reference to $140 for the full version — is the bulk of that soundpacks or something?
    How much to make it fully functional and not hamstrung would you say?

    You have some sounds with that 15 bucks unlock. You don’t need to spend 150. And with AU and Files support really the basic unlock opens all doors you need.

  • @ExAsperis99 said:

    @Jumpercollins said:

    @BiancaNeve said:
    One day I will find out how to delete a track

    Under chanel strip settings bottom of the list.

    Well done, @Jumpercollins
    Very helpful information. I didn't think I was in the market for something like this, but damn!

    A question about the price that maybe somebody can answer quickly. There's an IAP for AU instruments and effects; that's $14.99 (some of which you get back as credits?!). That gets you started.
    But there was a reference to $140 for the full version — is the bulk of that soundpacks or something?
    How much to make it fully functional and not hamstrung would you say?

    I think @Littlewoodg has gone the whole hog with it and brought the total unlock so he should be able to comment, apologies if I’m wrong to both of you.

  • Yes agree what @Janosax said. Most of the $150 if for the store content which will probably ballon the app to many GB proportions!

  • edited November 2018

    @Janosax said:

    @Korakios said:
    Warning for the beta uninstall and install the app from the AppStore, songs are gone :(
    (I thought they where stored in the cloud....)

    Haven’t loose any song by chance, but I haven’t unsinstall beta just install App Store version as an update to beta.

    @Janosax Did you overinstall today’s release over RC-2 then ? Not lose anything. I tried putting the store release on my iPhone can get a verify email back there servers must be slow !

  • $149 full on! Yawn, waiting for Nanostudio 2.

Sign In or Register to comment.