Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stagelight is live on the App Store!

Comments

• edited November 2018

In SampleVerse you can have up to 3 OSC running.

• The ARP has a lot of options.

• edited November 2018

You can record direct into Sampleverse, it also has SFZ support.

• The drum pads are great.

• Export Song options.

• First negative - none of my au effects are appearing...

• edited November 2018

@gregsmith said:
    First negative - none of my au effects are appearing...

Try rescanning plugins.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@gregsmith said:

Try rescanning plugins.

Nice one :)

• @gregsmith said:

Go to mixer view tap on audio effect under your track , tap on StageLight plugins drop down menu top right. Select external plugins at that point they should show.

• Single track listing options also show effects tab left column so you can select effects from there.

• One thing I do miss is having the AU app icon showing it makes finding plugin instrument and effects easier when scrolling long lists so hope the change that as it is similar to Auria Pro listing which is a mess.

• Here’s the windows version but you get the idea.

• I've completely missed all the Stagelight threads, but just a quick peek looks like the building and launching clips thing could be useful.

• @MonzoPro said:
    I've completely missed all the Stagelight threads, but just a quick peek looks like the building and launching clips thing could be useful.

Yes the clip launcher sold it for me, the app initially looks very basic and cheesy even with all the bright colours that was my first thought when I got it for Windows 2 years ago.

But with version 4 under the hood there is a lot going on. You just have to dig in and find all the options. Glad it’s come to iOS as brings new things other DAWs don’t have.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@MonzoPro said:
    I've completely missed all the Stagelight threads, but just a quick peek looks like the building and launching clips thing could be useful.

Yes the clip launcher sold it for me, the app initially looks very basic and cheesy even with all the bright colours that was my first thought when I got it for Windows 2 years ago.

But with version 4 under the hood there is a lot going on. You just have to dig in and find all the options. Glad it’s come to iOS as brings new things other DAWs don’t have.

What does the free version lack - can it still load and trigger AU's? If the IAP's are just synths and soundpacks then I can live without those.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@MonzoPro said:

What does the free version lack - can it still load and trigger AU's? If the IAP's are just synths and soundpacks then I can live without those.

Not sure to be honest as running the beta still. I think you have to buy the iOS unlock to gain access to AU may be wrong.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@MonzoPro said:

Not sure to be honest as running the beta still. I think you have to buy the iOS unlock to gain access to AU may be wrong.

Ah ok makes sense.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@MonzoPro said:

Ah ok makes sense.

How much is the current iOS unlock ?

• edited November 2018

Ok just read it $14.99, but you get back $15 credit if you buy to put towards your Windows, or Mac unlock so win / win there.

• Which musicians does Stagelight mainly want to address?

Those who prefer to work with audio loops and samples and love BM3 and the Novation apps?

Or those who like to work a lot with Midi, AU‘s and mainly prefer to use Cubasis, Auria or xequence?

So many questions!
    How much money I have to invest in IAP purchases to find out if the app makes sense for me? 175.-€?

In the meantime I have invested so much money in Gadget, SampleTank, BeatHawk and Co that I don't feel like investing more (much) money in an app just to find out that the app doesn't work for me.

But Stagelight looks very interesting... 😎

• edited November 2018

@Jumpercollins said:
    Ok just read it $14.99, but you get back $15 credit if you buy to put towards your Windows, or Mac unlock so win / win there.

I just paid £5 for it (with £10 store credit). But I already had the PC version ultimate unlock v3

• @BiancaNeve said:

@Jumpercollins said:

I just paid £5 for it (with £10 store credit). But I already had the PC version ultimate unlock v3

@BiancaNeve do you have to pay again to unlock version for on PC if you own version 3 unlock for Windows? Will have to break my laptop out later to see.

• The keyboard does have key lock functions.

• @Jumpercollins: Does the pianoroll editor also limit the displayed rows to the current key?

• @SevenSystems said:
    @Jumpercollins: Does the pianoroll editor also limit the displayed rows to the current key?

I believe so yes.

• edited November 2018

Early on in the beta I managed to run the following so it was quite light on CPU. Not totally comprehensive I know but gives a idea.

Just tried a stress test with the beta version of Stagelight using stock instruments only on my iPad Pro 9.7 , 2016, iOS 12 WIFI off after a hard reset. I managed to get to 36 tracks with 3 mixed effects on each track making one of these always Reverb so 36 instances, plus 3 effects on the master track giving a total of 147 stock plugins.

• So many questions!
    How much money I have to invest in IAP purchases to find out if the app makes sense for me? 175.-€?

Get the app and create a free account. Add your name, dob, genre etc for $6 free credit. Then you only need $10 more credit to unlock the full iOS version with au support.

• @gregsmith said:

So many questions!

Get the app and create a free account. Add your name, dob, genre etc for $6 free credit. Then you only need $10 more credit to unlock the full iOS version with au support.

Thanks a lot! 🙏

• @Jumpercollins said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@BiancaNeve do you have to pay again to unlock version for on PC if you own version 3 unlock for Windows? Will have to break my laptop out later to see.

Version 4 wasn’t out on pc when I looked earlier so not sure. But I guess there will be an extra charge.

• @chandroji said:

@gregsmith said:

So many questions!

Thanks a lot! 🙏

I paid full before I realised :)